Allan McGregor

Swagger

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Second only to Goram in my 40+ years watching Rangers and I was a huge Chris Woods fan. 

Still think that save vs Bremen is the best I've ever seen. 

Hope we get another season out of him. 

Woods was better than Goram or Macgregor till he got that shoulder injury, never ghe same after that.  Mac and Andy are great shot stoppers but neither handled cross balls well.   

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Woods was better than Goram or Macgregor till he got that shoulder injury, never ghe same after that.  Mac and Andy are great shot stoppers but neither handled cross balls well.   

Mater thats one for the auld cunts thread, goalkeepers that come out and win the ball in the air at corners.

That save from the header last night was as good as Gordon Banks. 

People compare him with Goram, and having seen both, every quality save Goram made, McGregor has made just as many, but I'd say McGregor has made more jaw dropping "how the fuck did he save that" kind of saves than Goram. 

6 hours ago, Goianegra said:

It's got to the point where you just expect him to make those saves. Initially your heart sinks, then you remember who's in goals and you get that sense of relief before he's even saved it.

It’s mental that mentality he gives the fans. 

See the Porto header he saved that was offside? I sit in BF4 and my angle all I could see was the ball and the goal and I still didn’t expect it to go in anyway then McGregor saves it. Some belief he gives you in goal

7 hours ago, Goianegra said:

It's got to the point where you just expect him to make those saves. Initially your heart sinks, then you remember who's in goals and you get that sense of relief before he's even saved it.

Those saves should never be expected and never be taken for granted. They are world class and should always be admired. I hope he has three more years of them.

7 hours ago, Blue Rino said:

Mater thats one for the auld cunts thread, goalkeepers that come out and win the ball in the air at corners.

It does not happen at all now, that sneaked up on me without realising😀 they used to be out catching miles off their line.

Archived