*****Official LC SF Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Every time we get to hampden the old chestnut of the bigger pitch appears and this is a total myth it's only fractionally bigger than the Ibrox playing surface. And as such makes absolutely no difference. 

Clearly then it must make a fractional difference 

50 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Every time we get to hampden the old chestnut of the bigger pitch appears and this is a total myth it's only fractionally bigger than the Ibrox playing surface. And as such makes absolutely no difference. 

It's the illusion of the pitch given the stands around it. 

Tynecastle is seen as a tight pitch because the stands are steep and in close so gives the illusion of being smaller than it is. 

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Tynecastle is seen as a tight pitch because the stands are steep and in close so gives the illusion of being smaller than it is. 

Spot on.  As long as it’s not to cut up with all the rain today and their game first it should not matter if it’s a few feet longer/wider etc 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I am not tech minded ,at my age I am happy that I can stand up straight in the morning and have no idea how to send links  or copy and paste so there must be someone who is a goggle addict who can quote the exact dimensions of hampden and Ibrox stadium playing surfaces. 

4 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

I am not tech minded ,at my age I am happy that I can stand up straight in the morning and have no idea how to send links  or copy and paste so there must be someone who is a goggle addict who can quote the exact dimensions of hampden and Ibrox stadium playing surfaces. 

Ibrox and Hsmpden are exactly the same size. 105m by 68m. 

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Tynecastle is about 5m shorter in both length and width.

Maybe that's why they mainly struggle when playing us, them, and at Hampden.

15 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Tynecastle is about 5m shorter in both length and width.

Maybe that's why they mainly struggle when playing us, them, and at Hampden.

I agree in general, but they gave the tarriers a fright in the SC final last year. Many neutrals thought they deserved to win. 

Archived