Perspective...

drewgardiner88

We went away to Aberdeen and dominated whole first half. Disappointingly gave away a 2  goal lead but still could have won the game. 

People worrying now about confidence etc before Sunday however they needed an injury time winner at home to Hamilton hardly going to inspire them either...

We have had a bad half of football there but I still believe we will win on Sunday. And if I was offered a point tonight and win the LC Final I'd take it all day long

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah id take winning both. I doubt the tims would accept a draw at aberdeen and then a cup final win. They'd demand to win both and thats why they are winning shit. Heard this perspective pish last season and we won fuck all. No excuse for losing a 2 goal lead to a shit aberdeen. Its the pathetic reaction that scares me. Too many losers still and a gaffer shit scared or simply clueless on when to make a sub.

2 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

We went away to Aberdeen and dominated whole first half. Disappointingly gave away a 2  goal lead but still could have won the game. 

People worrying now about confidence etc before Sunday however they needed an injury time winner at home to Hamilton hardly going to inspire them either...

We have had a bad half of football there but I still believe we will win on Sunday. And if I was offered a point tonight and win the LC Final I'd take it all day long

No chance. We should have strolled that game at 2-0 and then went absolutely tearing into that final. 

This type of performance puts a doubt in the mind. 

2 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Get what your saying mate, 2-0 down, then pull it back,maybe there would be a positive, but cruising two up against shite like that, then blow it, hard to be positive about that. 

Perspective: utter shite Aberdeen team and we couldn't close out a 2-0 lead.

Yes we can win on Sunday, but it will all depend on our ability to defend.  What i wouldn't give to have the back 4 of Walters eras, instead of these ball playing soft arses that need to realise their bread and fucking butter and keep the door shut.

Not having this tonight. 

We went to a tough venue, went two up and should have been on easy street from that point on then just stopped playing for the next 55 minutes.

An absolutely pathetic performance and result that only people with a losers mentality will try to defend.

No glossing over this one. Second half attitude and performance doesn't win finals let alone titles. They will be flying over this result yes they concede to Hamilton but still went up the park to make it three points. Our performance to try get a winner simply wasn't good enough. 

We showed our good and bad sides tonight. We can be sensational, and shite, Jekyll and hyde in the same game. Most worryingly like last season when we just needed to find a way to win we couldn't.

Our squad players dont improve our 1st team. I'd rather release Flanagan, Halliday, Ojo etc in the summer and replace with our kids, and spend money on real quality, than persevere with lesser quality players we cant rely on.

Itll only be known later this season whether this is a point gained or two dropped. Unfortunately I fear the latter.

Fuck perspective. We are in a title race and we threw away a two goal lead against a very poor football team.

We can’t afford to drop points and whilst likely to do so throughout the season, tonight was an unacceptable occasion to do so based on the first half.

Archived