Alfredo

Real Ranger

Just forced myself to watch yesterday’s highlights and as frustrating as Morelos finishing was, he did give the beggar defence a torrid time, they couldn’t handle his all round play.

A couple of poor attempts but overall luck deserted him on the day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Just forced myself to watch yesterday’s highlights and as frustrating as Morelos finishing was, he did give the beggar defence a torrid time, they couldn’t handle his all round play.

That is fair comment but he has to show more composure .His record against them is nothing short of pitiful .The one thing I do love about Alfredo now .He has lost the scowling face ,when things are not going for him .That always  gave defenders an edge ,they were getting to him .He walks away much more from incidents too.

All though that didn’t stop Sutton trying to get him into trouble on commentary .How long do we have to suffer these breast loving co commentators Walker and Sutton doing every Old firm game with their biased agendas  

14 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Felt he was trying too hard and the relaxed zone he had been in was gone, not the first to get caught up in the OF hype, hope he comes back stronger.

Should have battered the penalty though.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is fair comment but he has to show more composure .His record against them is nothing short of pitiful .The one thing I do love about Alfredo now .He has lost the scowling face ,when things are not going for him .That always  gave defenders an edge ,they were getting to him .He walks away much more from incidents too.

All though that didn’t stop Sutton trying to get him into trouble on commentary .How long do we have to suffer these breast loving co commentators Walker and Sutton doing every Old firm game with their biased agendas  

Can’t disagree with your point on his record, should have broken his duck, I’m sure it will be sooner rather than later.

He came up against a keeper on top form but also lacked the composure we have seen in his finishing of late. 

I'm unsure why as he has scored against bigger and better teams than celtic in Europe. 

The rest of the front three need to do better too. Especially Kent for that 7m outlay 

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Outwith the penalty miss I don’t think he done an awful lot wrong, tbh.

This. He hits the target with most of them and only great saves from the keeper stopped them. 

Too many of us are falling into the tarrier trap of saying "he canny score against cel**c. That's a phrase they coined to try and de-value him as they are worried about how much we will get for him.

The guy is breaking scoring records just now, doing it domestically and in europe and all of a sudden, after one game, we are saying "he lacks composure". Nonesense.

His goal will come but I’m still stunned Gerrard thought it was a good idea to let him have the pressure of taking the penalty. It needed composure at that point and for me it had to be Barasic. He would have placed it  

47 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This. He hits the target with most of them and only great saves from the keeper stopped them. 

Too many of us are falling into the tarrier trap of saying "he canny score against cel**c. That's a phrase they coined to try and de-value him as they are worried about how much we will get for him.

The guy is breaking scoring records just now, doing it domestically and in europe and all of a sudden, after one game, we are saying "he lacks composure". Nonesense.

That is bolloks mate and you know it . His record against the scum is shocking and you know that . And it's lack of composure

I'm critical over his finishing, and letting the scum and ref frustrate him to the extent I believe it affected his finishing.

He battled hard, created chances, stood up to and took on 2 huge CHs himself, and far from shat anything when he elected to take the penalty.

Fine margins, should have been a hero again yesterday and bar ridiculous refereeing decisions all game and poor finishing he would have been.

There's not much he can do when the keepers played a blinder. He hit the target and on most occasions it would've went in, unfortunately there seems to be bad luck for him surrounding this fixture. 

Only thing I would say on his game yesterday is that at times he was that desperate for a goal he was a bit greedy when he could've played someone else in, other than that he played well. 

He'll break his duck eventually but we need it sooner rather than later. 

I feel gutted for the wee man. He needs to come back stronger from it.

I feel like the problem with him against them is that he’s almost trying too hard. He’s getting caught up in the not scoring against them nonsense and it’s becane a big thing for him, he needs to play his own game 

Archived