H&H Manky Mob Analysis

BridgeIsBlue

11 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Completely agree about the 4-4-2, Morelos and Defoe do not work with each other, simple as and resorting to crosses into the box was chicken feed for Lurch and his defence, meh.

Just reeks of desperation when you start doing that. Stewart would have been the better sub. Has better technique, is more cultured and is more capable of doing something out of the ordinary than Barker ever will be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, dee9 said:

Best Rangers podcast by a country mile.

Only thing that I have listened to today regarding the game....something quite healing listening to other bears go through the game and have the same emotions we are all feeling.

best post of this thread mate .

13 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Just how he shouldn't of shown that level of emotion in front of the scum do it behind closed doors. 

Yet we live in a world now where we encourage folk to show their emotions and not hide it behind closed doors. They really have put a stupid point across. 

I don’t have much of a problem with Jack showing emotion after leaving everything on the park and ending up empty-handied.

I think what the H&H guys are getting at though is that it doesn’t sit well to do it against celtic, at Hampden, in a major final. They don’t want the players to give the Tims the satisfaction of seeing their emotions/tears (it’ll undoubtedly be used against them at some point too).  And, part of me can understand that viewpoint too. 

14 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

"The big crosses are not working...." 

Not just sunday. We rely too much on this with small strikers.

If we had more creativity from central midfield or our wide attackers this wouldn’t be the case.  As it stands out full-backs are one of our primary sources of attack.  Barisic and Tavernier will rack up the assists this season and top their credit.  This team does need more creativity and cutting edge midfield to front.

FFS .... I'm "Old School" ..... but would not criticise Ryan Jack's emotional showing on Sunday .... especially when he gave his all all through the game ... and saved us possibly going down 0-2 with a potential season ending tackle that didn't stop him getting back into the mix of things ..... not a very understanding outlook if you are afraid that shedding a few highly charged tears at a defeat that should never have come to pass against your most ferocious enemies.

One week people are "crying" for some passion ..... the next they are greeting like babies when a proper star actually shows some emotion for the team he loves.

I bet you a pound to a penny all at H&H when we win our 55th title there will not be a dry eye amongst them .... or in the entire world of The Rangers support ... and they wouldn't give a donkey's arsehole who saw them shed those tears.

So fuck what the scum think .... since when did that become important enough to undermine one of our outstanding players .... win or lose emotion is what it is ....  showing that you care enough without caring who the fuck knows.

🇬🇧

4 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

FFS .... I'm "Old School" ..... but would not criticise Ryan Jack's emotional showing on Sunday .... especially when he gave his all all through the game ... and saved us possibly going down 0-2 with a potential season ending tackle that didn't stop him getting back into the mix of things ..... not a very understanding outlook if you are afraid that shedding a few highly charged tears at a defeat that should never have come to pass against your most ferocious enemies.

One week people are "crying" for some passion ..... the next they are greeting like babies when a proper star actually shows some emotion for the team he loves.

I bet you a pound to a penny all at H&H when we win our 55th title there will not be a dry eye amongst them .... or in the entire world of The Rangers support ... and they wouldn't give a donkey's arsehole who saw them shed those tears.

So fuck what the scum think .... since when did that become important enough to undermine one of our outstanding players .... win or lose emotion is what it is ....  showing that you care enough without caring who the fuck knows.

🇬🇧

I am also old school and I do not need or want to listen to pod casts after a game like Sunday's, especially if that is what they were sayings about Ryan.

He put everything into that game and while I never knew about his reaction until I read about it on here, because our TV was off within seconds of the whistle, I think that they need to think again. 

I wish we had more players that felt as hurt as he did after that kind of result and maybe that is what is missing at times when we lose important games from other players. 

I am still hurting after the game and I bet Ryan is still the same, great lad who just wants to win as much as we all do. 

Not sure what brought this we rant on mate but I am blaming your excellent post. :cheers:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I am also old school and I do not need or want to listen to pod casts after a game like Sunday's, especially if that is what they were sayings about Ryan.

He put everything into that game and while I never knew about his reaction until I read about it on here, because the our TV was off within seconds of the whistle, I think that they need to think again. 

I wish we had more players that felt as hurt as he did after that kind of result and maybe that is what is missing at times when we lose important games from other players. 

I am still hurting after the game and I bet Ryan is still the same, great lad who just wants to win as much as we all do. 

Not sure what brought this we rant on mate but I am blaming your excellent post. :cheers:

:cheers:

I whole heartedly accept the blame for your "rant" Bud ...... and accept that the utter deflation of Sunday's result has put a damper on all of us .... as bad as the weather we are getting today .... glad you still have your old school values tinged with compassion for what is right or wrong.

We have both been here before .... and it is no different now than when we first felt this sickening pain of defeat ... but you and I both know that it is important to look forward to better times .... Thursday hopefully will ease the pain a little bit.

:UK:

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:cheers:

I whole heartedly accept the blame for your "rant" Bud ...... and accept that the utter deflation of Sunday's result has put a damper on all of us .... as bad as the weather we are getting today .... glad you still have your old school values tinged with compassion for what is right or wrong.

We have both been here before .... and it is no different now than when we first felt this sickening pain of defeat ... but you and I both know that it is important to look forward to better times .... Thursday hopefully will ease the pain a little bit.

:UK:

Cheers mate :thumbup:

I said to my wife just after the final whistle, I might not be up for going to Thursdays game because I was so disappointed and angry with the result, playing so well yet still losing to an offside goal.  

She said give it a wee while and you will want to go no problem. As always she was right, really looking forward to Thursday's game now. :thumbsup:

Always think it's a balanced overview, critical of the things that need critiqued & complimentary where deserved.

It's a fans PoV and very much the things we all say in the pub post match.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Just reeks of desperation when you start doing that. Stewart would have been the better sub. Has better technique, is more cultured and is more capable of doing something out of the ordinary than Barker ever will be.

And he was off the back of scoring a couple of goals. The game was crying out for a bit of ingenuity which he has.

18 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Think so to. If the players just walked off on forums etc they'd be thread after thread about how players don't care.

Yesterday was a sore one for everyone. Some handle disappointment better than others. I just hope they can get themselves together for Thursday.

Am still struggling myself now watching the telly all I can think of is that bloody keeper pulling off save after save. Then loosing it to a offside decision! Gutted

Yeah, the saves don't bother me any more than the missed penalty because the keeper is still a player, it's his job. Offside goal really hurts.

5 hours ago, B1872 said:

Seen footage of Michael Beale telling Gerrard to go 4-4-2 or advising him to do so.

Gerrard still has the final decision, we should have kept on Kamara took Morelos off for Defoe it was a daft sub to make the next sub should have been Stewart.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Harsh on Ryan Jack and no idea why they’re surprised at tactic of throwing crosses into the box considering it’s how we play every week and reason for that is our 3 midfielders aren’t creative types who are going to cut open defences with through balls.

Occasionally I watch the way that Scott Allan crates chances with ease for Hibs and wish he wasn’t a jump the dyke scumbag because a player with his creativity is exactly what we need in certain games.

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrard still has the final decision, we should have kept on Kamara took Morelos off for Defoe it was a daft sub to make the next sub should have been Stewart.

We had a man advantage and 1 - 0 down if he went like for like  it would have caused riots.

Had to do something to change it.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Occasionally I watch the way that Scott Allan crates chances with ease for Hibs and wish he wasn’t a jump the dyke scumbag because a player with his creativity is exactly what we need in certain games.

If we go through on Thursday I hope we go for Foden again in January.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Said for ages if McCoist signed him from WBA when he was linked he would still be in our side now.

Only himself to blame.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We had a man advantage and 1 - 0 down if he went like for like  it would have caused riots.

Had to do something to change it.

I don't think it would have, I felt we lost something when Kamara came off. Barker does not look fit to me either.

Archived