Edmiston house to be demolished

MisterC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised that planning permission isn't in place for whatever is going up in its place.

Usually that's the first thing you do before pulling down the existing structure, that way planning can't fuck about with an empty site & put conditions on new structure.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure where that came form mate :hmmm: I am not even a great Jazz fan. :lol:

:lol:

.... Coooool  Bud ....... purchase the CD .... "The Many Moods Of Latin Jazz" ..... It will challenge and delight your musical taste buds ....... Don't let the "Latin" bit put you off .... it just represents the South American countries producing the music .... well worth a listen.

:UK:

27 minutes ago, Ace said:

Surprised that planning permission isn't in place for whatever is going up in its place.

Usually that's the first thing you do before pulling down the existing structure, that way planning can't fuck about with an empty site & put conditions on new structure.

Really hope that there is a clear plan for the site and it doesn’t just lie vacant.

I’ll be sorry to see it go having had many great nights in there, lost count of the office nights out not to mention a couple of family weddings.

Having said that, I accept that it’s no work of art but we need to have a proper strategic blueprint for the whole area around the stadium because that glorious, iconic structure  deserves better than the mess that’s there at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

.... Coooool  Bud ....... purchase the CD .... "The Many Moods Of Latin Jazz" ..... It will challenge and delight your musical taste buds ....... Don't let the "Latin" bit put you off .... it just represents the South American countries producing the music .... well worth a listen.

:UK:

I might try that in the new year 👍

I was raised on Country, Folk and Scottish Dance music in Shetland. 😁

I will write down that CD and let you know when I get it. :cheers:

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I might try that in the new year 👍

I was raised on Country, Folk and Scottish Dance music in Shetland. 😁

I will write down that CD and let you know when I get it. :cheers:

Miles Davis album Kind of blue is a quality album, well worth adding to your music collection 😃

3 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Had many a great night in the Edmiston club, Resident band was Cascade who were excellent, attended many cup winners parties in there and the team always came in for the party with trophy aloft, good memories.

IIRC you had to wear a tie and they kept spares at the door 🙂 

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Or the good old days , when we queued for tickets for the big games . First come first served .

Was just talking about that this morning. For the Motherwell game at home when we could win 9iar I was there trying to get tickets and as I got to the door to go in the sold out signs were put up 

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Or the good old days , when we queued for tickets for the big games . First come first served .

Aye spent many hours for those Champions League packages. Then I worked there for a few years and got first dibs 😁

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Was just talking about that this morning. For the Motherwell game at home when we could win 9iar I was there trying to get tickets and as I got to the door to go in the sold out signs were put up 

😀I think many of us have been there .Standing for few hours and getting to the front to be told .All gone .To be honest .I like it that way .At least you knew that you had a fair crack at getting them’ if you could be arsed to get up early or stand in any of the queues .Now it’s just lap of the Gods with these ballots

Archived