Rangers Statement : VAR

Clemdog

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is that the "mistakes" are now not mistakes but clearly the officials panicking about being the ones to cost that mob their 9iar, instead of getting their windows panned in and phone numbers spread online, the officials take the easy way out and side with them 

The VAR officials will be no different, just means we wont get decisions refs miss for us, but you csn be damned sure they will catch all the ones we commit that are missed, shower of rancid crooked bastards 

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They also have to clean up the offside decisions, being a bawhair offside isn’t gaining you an advantage. 

Thing is there needs to be something either black or white with offside ,especially in this corrupt cesspit otherwise you get they cunts one week getting a goal 2 bawhairs offside then us getting chalked off for 2 bawhair offside 

I think the biggest issue with VAR is the way it’s being used down south ,there doesn’t seem to be the same problems elsewhere 

41 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Great to see this statement :thumbup: just wish Robertson had not started with  “This is not a criticism of referees because they often have to perform under very difficult conditions and in a highly emotive environment", because it is not correct, they have no problem giving decisions to them and any other team as long as we are on the receiving end.

I watch a fair bit of English football and some of the decisions from the VAR panel are hellish and I could see it at times causing more problems depending who is making the decisions from VAR.

So delighted we have brought up the terrible decisions from yesterday, Aberdeen and the Cup Final and especially about Alfredo, but I am not sure VAR is the answer. 

:thinking:

I think no matter who is in charge of var in Scotland if it comes? Then they must have disallowed the septic goal in L.C. final,  stevie wonder could have called that offside. 

Just now, magic8ball said:

Thing is there needs to be something either black or white with offside ,especially in this corrupt cesspit otherwise you get they cunts one week getting a goal 2 bawhairs offside then us getting chalked off for 2 bawhair offside 

I think the biggest issue with VAR is the way it’s being used down south ,there doesn’t seem to be the same problems elsewhere 

Not actually watched it used anywhere else mate. I think you have to take into account just who is offside and at what part of the build up. 
Wolves goal yesterday is a prime example that goal should’ve stood. If a ball direct to the player that scores and he is offside then I can see the point. 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I just don’t believe we can find anyone in Scotland who is unbiased mate, OF games especially, imagine the backlash if they decide on a dodgy decision going against one club or the other.

Anyway bring it on.

I’m your no 1 para cunt apparently ,so I’m with you there mate 😀

And indeed .Can you even imagine the fall out from 55 It is going to be the best days of a Rangers fans lives .I just can’t wait 😀

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not actually watched it used anywhere else mate. I think you have to take into account just who is offside and at what part of the build up. 
Wolves goal yesterday is a prime example that goal should’ve stood. If a ball direct to the player that scores and he is offside then I can see the point. 

That was a poor decision yday for wolves 

the champions league and World Cup used  VAR far better and there are even some flaws there too 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

That was a poor decision yday for wolves 

the champions league and World Cup used  VAR far better and there are even some flaws there too 

No system is perfect mate, especially when you are using it to make judgement calls ie is it a Pen or not. 
Best they can hope for is to try and sort out the big game changing moments and hopefully get them right. 
Liverpool v Wolves was a perfect example of the best and the worst of VAR. 

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Rather have foreign refs brought in for old firm games than VAR 

It's not just old firm games that we've been fucked over for, and three points is three points doesn't matter if it's the scum or the sheep

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Sky News running with the statement, saying about goal yesterday hitting the hand, and also stating the goal in the Cup final was offside. Not allegedly, not possibly, stating it was offside.

Lovely stuff

24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This is the exact reason offside need to be black and white. There has to be a precise definition, otherwise there's going to be inconsistent application. There has to be a line somewhere. This is why the criticism of how it's used in England, specifically re offside, makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is the exact reason offside need to be black and white. There has to be a precise definition, otherwise there's going to be inconsistent application. There has to be a line somewhere. This is why the criticism of how it's used in England, specifically re offside, makes no sense. 

So build in a tolerance is what you’re saying. If you’re offside by 5cm it doesn’t matter.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

So build in a tolerance is what you’re saying. If you’re offside by 5cm it doesn’t matter.

That's no different to just saying the attacker has to be less than 5cm ahead of the attacker and putting the wee judgement line there. Which is no real difference to how they do it now. You'll still have a point where you're a centimetre offside. And there HAS to be an absolute line  with no tolerance for it to be fairly and equally applied. Otherwise you'll just have situations where one guy is given leeway and another isn't.

It's fine as it is. Folk just have to mentally adjust to it being black and white now. 

Archived