Build from a position of strength...

Robmc1

43 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I like Stewart but he is more of a floater than a winger, Ojo/Barker and Grezda just do not do it for me, Jones has to step up but I do think there is a player in there.

I think Stewart can think himself hard done by that he wasn't on the bench on Sunday, 

Grezda, lost cause, even admitted himself he underestimated the size of the club 

Barker, well he could be similar, the guy has ability and pace but just doesn't seem to have the drive required to play for us 

Ojo, the best of the 3,but is exactly what Liverpool fans said, decent player, looks great eay in the season then falls away dramatically 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GOAT said:

Is this your opinion or what you know?  If we don’t sign anyone we’ll be winning fuck all again this season.  Believe me the bheggers will respond from Sunday and sign a couple to make them better, if we don’t do the same it will cost us.  Especially since we clearly need a couple in. 

Not really bothered what they do tbh, we are stronger. fitter and have a much better manager who has built a team who will run through walls for him, the togetherness and harmony in the dressing room is very apparent, we play as a team, I agree with Esky, if a player with experience and the right attributes is available bring him in by all means, but summer is the time to build, besides signing players doesn't guarantee making them better, esp when its lennon doing the buying, I'd like nothing better than for them to spunk a fortune panic buying players who ultimately wont improve them, may or may not settle or need time to adjust and bed in.

35 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Flanagan is  a fantastic player to have in the squad, provides great cover for both full,backs and won’t let us down. I would give him a years extension 

Eh? 

Let us down against Aberdeen and plenty of times last season, he's fucking awful.

45 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Flanagan is  a fantastic player to have in the squad, provides great cover for both full,backs and won’t let us down. I would give him a years extension 

Far rather invest in our future full backs Patterson and Maxwell tbh from this summer onwards.

45 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

He’s not you know 

and he has on a few occasions 

7 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

At last after so many false dawns we now appear to be the real deal,  mentally physically and tactically we look more than capable maintaining  credible challenge towards our 55th title.

As per the thread title, I think we will definitely look to strengthen the squad  over the transfer window, Jones regaining fitness will be like a new signing coming in to contention but wondering what the general opinion on where we need the additional quality.
Personally, talented as he is, Ojo at this stage in his career is either incapable or unable to contribute consistently to the challenge so if possible I’d like to terminate his loan and replace him with hopefully a more tried and tested player, loan or purchase, inconsequential as we should go all out for this season and get as good as we can afford. I’d also maybe look towards a more offensive cover option for Barasic.

Failing that I don’t think we will drop the ball as per last years return from the break, a year older and wiser with a talented fit hungry squad who would run through brick walls for each other and SG...

We need another striker pronto. As good as a goal scorer Defoe is, he's not really good enough to play a full 90mins when Alfie is out. 

Jones will go on the left, Kent will play the number 10 role and Aribo will play on the right. We also need cover in there (Ojo could be enough?) And proper cover for the full back positions.  The guy currently doing that is a bloody bomb scare!!

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

He really isn't.  Did you not see his "clearance" the other week?

It went from the bye line to a 50ft drop right into our penalty spot.  We were lucky not to concede from that!!

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

What has Jones done wrong? Was flying at time he got injured, will be again soon.

Got himself hurt trying to hurt a scum player clearly all at RM are fully behind the everyone anyone campaign! 

My advice next time for the wee man is this don't hurt yourself and make sure you connect next time.

Happy new year

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Got himself hurt trying to hurt a scum player clearly all at RM are fully behind the everyone anyone campaign! 

My advice next time for the wee man is this don't hurt yourself and make sure you connect next time.

Happy new year

I’d rather he just played football 

It’s seems like every season I’ve wanted to  get rid of him and replacement for him every transfer window but this one I don’t think we need anyone. 
This season I’d prefer if we  try to integrate some of the development team players into the squad and maintain what we have.

20 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The starting 11 is strong but if anything happens to Alfie in particular I think we could struggle in games.  I'd love to see his successor brought in now, as I genuinely expect him to go in the summer. Money needs spent to do so.

I'd love to see us move on those who aren't involved such as Grezda, murphy, docherty, Flanagan, polster, barker. Replace by promoting the best youths ie Kelly, Patterson, Mayo. And spend our salary savings and any transfer budget we have on the forward I mentioned above, a back up 3rd striker, and another quality midfielder.

Wouldn't mind us nipping in and stealing Sporar from under taigs noses

Definitely need cover for Alfie, if he gets injured then we don't win the title - simple. If could find someone who can play alongside/provide cover for Alfie this would allow us to adapt our style at times. Although it will be difficult finding someone who is good but will accept sitting on the bench alot of the time. 

6 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

It’s seems like every season I’ve wanted to  get rid of him and replacement for him every transfer window but this one I don’t think we need anyone. 
This season I’d prefer if we  try to integrate some of the development team players into the squad and maintain what we have.

This.........we have some smashing young players at the club who could be due a chance at first team level - if they continue to  impress Stevie Gerrard enough with the youth squad.

18 hours ago, billscott said:

was just going to post that  i think  jones ojo stewart and  the other winger forgot his name  have been a waste of money i would add the guy from leicester and docherty as players who can go

I don't know what you base youre assessment of jones on, I wasn't that keen when we signed him but he was probably one of our best players in the very early part of the season until he got injured.

15 hours ago, Big Al II said:

What has Jones done wrong? Was flying at time he got injured, will be again soon.

Spot on. His ball to morelos in the last minute against warsaw was pure quality and he looked good every time I saw him. It seems some just don't like him and even the evidence of their own eyes wont change their opinion on him. Fuck knows why.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

I don't know what you base youre assessment of jones on, I wasn't that keen when we signed him but he was probably one of our best players in the very early part of the season until he got injured.

time will tell  i agree he did do reasonably well  but to me he is not a player you could depend on  hopefully i am wrong because we could do with another good winger to push our front players

Our first XI is good enough to win the league. But having guys like Arfield, Barker and Ojo as 3 subs we have a much bigger drop off in quality vs them.

I’d say a right winger. Been impressed with Aribo  the last few games. But the times we’ve played Arfield there haven’t worked. Overall The right just hasn’t functioned as well as last year going forward.

maybe a back up striker after that. And hope and pray Tav and Barisic remain fit

Archived