Post-Match Interviews

BearInTheToon

Just now, KingKirk said:

Ojo has the ability mate just not the temperament to play for a club our size. 

I might have agreed with you last September. He's too predictable. Do you honestly feel confident he is going to change a game when he comes on? We are drawing 0-0 and he is first of the bench before Hagi.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pretty much giving out advance warning Hellander will be back in when fit, then watch us plummet.

I've lost a lot of respect in him coming out with that. It's fucking cowardly and Katic is one of the few who does lay it on the line for us, when Gerrard continually puts on his favourite dug shite full of the shitebaggery.

This is a man who has been backed like no other and we watch dug shite four games on the trot, dropping five points and he unjustifiably hangs out a defender out to dry from a back line who conceded nothing. Beggars fucking belief. Another bad result with his favourites the league will be long gone, then he'll just become another cunt in a long line cunts before him.

Down to him to turn this around, no one else.  He's now backed himself into a corner. 

Spot on mate.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I might have agreed with you last September. He's too predictable. Do you honestly feel confident he is going to change a game when he comes on? We are drawing 0-0 and he is first of the bench before Hagi.

I'll bet Hagi was sitting there thinking "fuck me, I'm going to get plenty of game time" after watching a lot of poor performances in midfield, then Ojo gets the call, which could knock his confidence at the first hurdle so to speak.

Tell you what Stevie lad, you’ll never get the Liverpool job by giving the Liverpool pampered reserve squad a game when you’ve got better of our own out on loan.

And managers that call out their own players too much end up losing the dressing room no matter who they are.  

Decided to put myself through the pain of watching Gerrards interview, have to say that's a disgrace the way he's singled out Katic. Now I agree he didn't have the best game and if he was consistent in 'naming and shaming' underperforming players then fine. But the fact that Gerrard never criticised Tavernier or Goldson by name when they went on a run of mistakes leading to goals and has never said a word about Davis, Flanagan, Kent etc having bad games is terrible man management, and if that was Lennon we'd be rubbing our hands at a sign of him losing the plot and the dressing room. Pretty much a given now that he'll be dropped and with that will disappear by far our our main threat from set pieces, which is looking increasingly like our only threat of scoring.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Of course I don't. He's a greedy player would rather attempt the impossible than do the correct thing. 

I think he has ability but hasn't worked out the best way to use it yet. Hes rapid yet I don't think I've seen him take a player on for months.

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

People actually waking up to Gerrard now , clueless on every front, putting a clown like Ojo on 😀

Like the scum game at theirs saved again by Alan mcgregor with 3 fantastic saves ,only guy with a bit of passion

Absolute bollocks.

The only one who is clueless is yourself.

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Have to say, I normally think SG calls it bang on in his post-match.  But, I'm not having this.  I think he's going lenient on them because I think he knows they, as a coaching staff, fucked up as much as anyone.  Really disappointed in Gerrard.  Walter would have been noticeably fucking seething.

And by the way, sending out Hagi to do the player's post-match is terrible craic/utter shite-baggery.   Some of the senior players should be coming out and telling it like it is.

Shite craic re Katic, too.  We all know he was at fault for Cosgrove's chance but, too often, he's SG's fall guy.  What about Aribo, Kamara, Ojo etc???  Really poor from SG.

Yeah mentioning Katic errors twice and never a thing about Goldson when he makes them 

And yet again .Nothing about the ref 😔

3 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Decided to put myself through the pain of watching Gerrards interview, have to say that's a disgrace the way he's singled out Katic. Now I agree he didn't have the best game and if he was consistent in 'naming and shaming' underperforming players then fine. But the fact that Gerrard never criticised Tavernier or Goldson by name when they went on a run of mistakes leading to goals and has never said a word about Davis, Flanagan, Kent etc having bad games is terrible man management, and if that was Lennon we'd be rubbing our hands at a sign of him losing the plot and the dressing room. Pretty much a given now that he'll be dropped and with that will disappear by far our our main threat from set pieces, which is looking increasingly like our only threat of scoring.

It's not only that, but he's treating fans with utter contempt coming out with that shite.

That result and performance today was down to him.

Looks like we need to do plan A better. Now where have we heard that before?!

He'll be making TLB look like a tactical genious next.

Fucking disgusted at him. He is running out of goodwill.

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

After reading everyone else's comments I can't bring myself to watch it, but his post match interviews are getting up there with Tony Mowbray 'taking it on the chin' every week.

Tbf mate Tony Mowbray's chin could host the slam tent fae T in the park.

See these people Gerrard included who think Ojo has ability or talent please tell me what the fuck it is. Keep seeing this fucking myth that he ‘has ability’ or that there’s a player in there. 

He is shocking technically, his touch is awful, he can’t pass, he can’t shoot, he can’t dribble, has no tricks whatsoever and he has no right foot 

He has no footballing brain, no vision, no positional sense or awareness

He doesn’t work hard, doesn’t win the ball, doesn’t even press the ball and he’s a fucking coward who backs out of challenges that are 70/30 in his favour

Basically all he has is that he can run fast and he doesn’t ever use that 

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Well said Mr Gerrard. You said we need more creativity in the final third. Well, you had a fucking creative player sitting on the bench for 75 minutes. Honestly beginning to think he sees a different game than us mere mortals. 

It's all smoke and mirrors. He should have admitted his full share of the blame for that performance. He would have been the bigger man in doing so.

He for sure has a Katic agenda and it's fucking nauseating and cowardly.

No more to be said about his favourites who are costing us big time.

He's becoming a manger who is blind and believing his own bullshit.

15 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Well said Mr Gerrard. You said we need more creativity in the final third. Well, you had a fucking creative player sitting on the bench for 75 minutes. Honestly beginning to think he sees a different game than us mere mortals. 

👍

He already sees a different game than me, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Katic can do no wrong on this forum. He was diabolical today.

Nobody is saying he was good. There were plenty others who were also diabolical and SG chose to pick on Katic. Ojo has been awful for 20 games or so now and SG keeps bumming him up and thinking he will play a big part in our season. He is probably right tho, he will, thought not in a good way.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Sending Hagi out to do that media duty is absolutely pathetic and slaps of a lack of leadership in that dressing room from senior players 

Reminds me of the time Rossiter came out after Progress.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Sending Hagi out to do that media duty is absolutely pathetic and slaps of a lack of leadership in that dressing room from senior players 

Exactly mate. It should have been one of starting 11 fronting up. 

Not a new player who is barely in the door

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pretty much giving out advance warning Hellander will be back in when fit, then watch us plummet.

I've lost a lot of respect in him coming out with that. It's fucking cowardly and Katic is one of the few who does lay it on the line for us, when Gerrard continually puts on his favourite dug shite full of the shitebaggery.

This is a man who has been backed like no other and we watch dug shite four games on the trot, dropping five points and he unjustifiably hangs out a defender out to dry from a back line who conceded nothing. Beggars fucking belief. Another bad result with his favourites the league will be long gone, then he'll just become another cunt in a long line cunts before him.

Down to him to turn this around, no one else.  He's now backed himself into a corner. 

If i ever got into this state over football, i would give it up tbh.

You're a complete mongo.

Watched the first 20 seconds and gave up when he decides the reason we didn’t win is because Buff couldn’t get a pass over to Kent which he would probably have missed the way he is playing and Buff misses the one chance the team created for him, you might as well give up and go home. 

Archived