Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

scottyc06

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That weather conditions can rule out a handball and deny us a penalty?

It's not a rule. No ones saying it's a rule other than you.

I'll surmise that due to the wild windy conditions with the ball swirling all over the place that the ref deemed it harsh to award a penalty for the handball. That's my take on it. If so, hes wrong to have that opinion, the guys arm is in the air, it's a pen all day long 

That's my view. Rightly or wrongly. Stop asking questions. Have an opinion and post it rather than getting spoon fed all the time 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The tackle on Goldson could have been a red, don’t think it’s as bad as made out but don’t think there’s any complaints if he had been.

Not seen the handball and the offside is awful going by the pictures

Handball is on the previous page of this thread 👍

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's not a rule. No ones saying it's a rule other than you.

I'll surmise that due to the wild windy conditions with the ball swirling all over the place that the ref deemed it harsh to award a penalty for the handball. That's my take on it. If so, hes wrong to have that opinion, the guys arm is in the air, it's a pen all day long 

That's my view. Rightly or wrongly. Stop asking questions. Have an opinion and post it rather than getting spoon fed all the time 

I do have opinions but in this case I don't have a clue why it wasn't classed as a hand ball.  I'm trying to understand it and if there is a rule connected to the decision.  

If it had been the other way around Rangers would have been carded. 

26 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So if the handball wasn’t given because of the weather conditions surely then slide tackles where a wet pitch carries you further and crunching into a player you get off because it’s wet.

If that is seriously what happened we need new refs pronto.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

What conditions is the ref referring too? 

What rule is it in the rule book?

Awell fuck it. Next time its windy and pishin a rain we should just pick the baw up and throw it into the net.....Then again it would probably still be ruled out for wrongful offside.

10 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Disagree, two players have complained go the ref in recent games  both got booked .  Goldson and Greegs

Every other team complains like fuck to referees and fuck all happens. We do it and the yellows come out.

It’s just like every other situation ,We are held to a completely different set of standards ,

It has already cost us a cup this season and looks like it’s going to cost us the league too 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I remember seeing Paul Gasgoine break down in tears playing for England. No-one ever called him weak.

I know Gazza was quoted and Gazza was an emotional wreck so he can be forgiven. We talk about being in the trenches with people and fuck being in a trench with Jack. Footballing wise I think he’s a talent but latest no better or worse than anyone else.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I know Gazza was quoted and Gazza was an emotional wreck so he can be forgiven. We talk about being in the trenches with people and fuck being in a trench with Jack. Footballing wise I think he’s a talent but latest no better or worse than anyone else.

Think you’re being hard on Jack here. We absolutely should’ve won that game but got ripped off yet again by officiating. Think he was the emotional wreck and being an extension of how the whole team was feeling. Some players really take things more serious than others. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

I think he’s hinting at the performance of Beaton at Kilmarnock here 

I think he is too, but think he's getting this wrong.

After Kilmarnock he should have said pretty much what he said yesterday

"I feel let down by some BIG decisions that have gone against us that the officials really should be getting right, If Buff is getting booked for diving then the same rule should have applied to their player in the first half and a second yellow given. When Kent is clearly barged in the back by the last man stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity it should be a straight red. We should be playing 9 men at this point if the officials get it right. There's a clear handball in the lead up their equaliser and to cap it all Buff has a perfectly good goal chopped off.

We weren't at our best but if the officials were at their best then we leave here with 3 points. It's not sour grapes, just a statement of facts"

Part of the issue in this is that managers are being thrust in front of a camera too soon after the final whistle when they haven't had time to properly scrutinise key decisions they are being asked about. We happen to have a manager that tries to be honest and pragmatic as opposed to TLB who would have seethed and spat his way through post match interviews if he'd faced the shite we have in the past 6 months.

34 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

I think he is too, but think he's getting this wrong.

After Kilmarnock he should have said pretty much what he said yesterday

"I feel let down by some BIG decisions that have gone against us that the officials really should be getting right, If Buff is getting booked for diving then the same rule should have applied to their player in the first half and a second yellow given. When Kent is clearly barged in the back by the last man stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity it should be a straight red. We should be playing 9 men at this point if the officials get it right. There's a clear handball in the lead up their equaliser and to cap it all Buff has a perfectly good goal chopped off.

We weren't at our best but if the officials were at their best then we leave here with 3 points. It's not sour grapes, just a statement of facts"

Part of the issue in this is that managers are being thrust in front of a camera too soon after the final whistle when they haven't had time to properly scrutinise key decisions they are being asked about. We happen to have a manager that tries to be honest and pragmatic as opposed to TLB who would have seethed and spat his way through post match interviews if he'd faced the shite we have in the past 6 months.

Your right ,Managers are asked within minutes of the game finishing their thoughts ,On the 29th he did call out the ref  for the foul by Julien on Morelos which went the other way ,He wouldnt have been as aware as the folk watching on TV how bad some of the decisions were 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Your right ,Managers are asked within minutes of the game finishing their thoughts ,On the 29th he did call out the ref  for the foul by Julien on Morelos which went the other way ,He wouldnt have been as aware as the folk watching on TV how bad some of the decisions were 

Brendan Rodgers said Beaton had a good game post match last season when we beat them 1v0 , after the meltdown of their support ,Beaton supposedly getting everything wrong (coz we beat them) Rodgers came back out a few days later and slaughtered him , the club should have hounded Clancy for that performance whether it was post match or next day after Gerrard had a look at the game back 

32 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Brendan Rodgers said Beaton had a good game post match last season when we beat them 1v0 , after the meltdown of their support ,Beaton supposedly getting everything wrong (coz we beat them) Rodgers came back out a few days later and slaughtered him , the club should have hounded Clancy for that performance whether it was post match or next day after Gerrard had a look at the game back 

We know how it works up here ,it was cunts    Like Hartson that started the ball rolling regarding Beaton ,media hysteria then grew against Morelos ,There’s no way anything we say will be treated the same way ,

Even post 29th game the authorities took 3 weeks to build any sort of case to fuck us over ,Any comments from us would be an open goal for them to charge us

First thing I'd say is that we have been way below par since the break. I don't think that anyone is trying to deny that. 

It is often said that the sign of a title winning team is that they can still win even when they are playing badly. As badly as we have been playing if we had correct refereeing decisions we would be a good few points better off.

It's not just the blatant game changing decisions either. We talk about how teams try harder against us when it is more that they can fly into tackles without fear of punishment. Or cards are not given even when a foul is which without a doubt would affect how a player plays against us. Far less likely to deliberately obstruct someone on the break if already on a yellow for example. 

Our players on the other hand are given fouls against that are very weak and carded for minor infractions. Of course this affects how they will play the rest of the game as well as leading to suspensions. 

Fuck knows how the players feel knowing that they are discriminated against in the workplace relentlessly. It is bound to effect their mentality at some point. Would anyone here be happy knowing that they had to do more than anyone else every day at work not to be penalised? 

It is insidious in how it works gradually wearing down moral never mind the affect on results that swing on these decisions. 

Then the team will find it harder to play themselves out of bad form. They will find it harder to pick themselves up. People can talk about how we should be good enough to rise above that. That is complete and total bullshit. We should be good enough to win games fairly when on a bad run of form which we have been in reality. That's not to say that I'm happy with how we have been playing but let's not kid ourselves that we haven't been denied results.

To make things worse our rivals are enjoying the opposite of what we are receiving in that they are getting goals that they shouldn't, not being carded when they should and various other advantages. 

This is all aided and abetted by a compliant media with an obvious agenda. Does anyone here actually think that we are going to have weeks of discussion on a celtic player threatening to kill everyone in the stadium? 

Gerrard calls it out and he will receive a ban which won't help matters. The club needs to highlight this and stop hiding. It is getting ridiculous the extent that this has reached. Rugby tackles to hand balls not given because it is a bit blowy. 

Like Morelos we probably bring it on ourselves and should just accept that that is the way it is in Scotland :sarcasm:

Jesus wept, the victimhood is now exceeding them even without the help of state aid.

Fact. We were decent enough before the break. Showing consistency and some great performances and clocking up the points. We even had some players who were dug shite and we still won. Enter Ojo! We achieved all this in spite of the bias and the incomptence of match officials

Fact. We return from the break, inconsistent and some really poor individual and team perormances. The ref's still at the cheating, but our performances are turgid and we drop points and lose the advantage over the scum. Title dreams heading for the crematorium.

All the while the club stay stoom on the blatant ref bias and show no signs of doing otherwise. Stevie questions ref decisions in victory. Best time to do it, albeit rather late in the day and may yet land him in hot water. As it was no formal complaint from the club, it will be ignored, which only enables the ref's to continue to handicap us.

Stevie is now left with the same deck to play with by which to overcome the handicap. His only chance to overcome it, is by getting more out of his players, like he did before the break, because at this point in time he simply isn't going by some individual performances and if he can't, we can simply run up the white flag now.

You don't win wars by playing the victim and tell the enemy they are cheating, do you?! They would only laugh as they bury you, as they are now doing.

As this board are in self imposed lock down on the ref issue and others, Stevie can only but re energise these players through his leadership. It's easy to lie down and cry foul, but much harder to get back up, dust yourself down and take the battle to the enemy to win the war. I'll leave the tactics up to him as his job.

No one is coming to our aid. In fact the opposite would be true, so it's for us to show our mettle under Stevie's leadership. Players will have to look at themselves as will Stevie. We either lose with dignity in tact, in doing all that we can to beat the handicap, or we can lose looking like losers in not giving 100% and blaming every cunt except ourselves. 

Many things can conspire in failure that you have little control over, but it takes only one thing to beat the odds in discrimination. Courage! Our board lack it, but let's hope to fuck both Stevie and the team don't.

Over to you Stevie.

Archived