Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Good post overall but we are not strong than them in midfield or attack.

Our wingers are so out of form at the moment that I think we should be considering switching it up so we can add another striker or another centre half.

I meant we're stronger ourselves in midfield and attack than at centre half.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Every cunt was raving about the system before, including those YouTube tifo videos and all sorts.

I agree everyone loved the system mate, when it was good enough to beat teams fairly comfortably.  But then what happens when other teams suss it, they suss how to best play against it?  They suss how to null it to a certain extent?  Then 'every cunt' needs to realise that it needs to change.  Or would your plan B, be to do plan A better?  

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I've said this many a time on here, but I'd love to know of the players we've signed where on a list of wanted players they fell. 

Jones, Aribo, Stewart, Barker all frees, Kamara as we know was virtually free. Helander he's spent 'big' money on for us but it's half what they spent on their centre half. Everyone to a man wanted Kent back. We're having to wheel and deal, spend a bit of money when we can by first saving it on other players coming in cheaply or for nothing.

Vydra btw an example of someone who if signed in Jan may have made a difference for us.

We required quality not quantity in Summer, he instead signed Hastie, Jones, Stewart, Ojo, Barker, King in the areas where we really needed strengthening.

Aribo was a project player and i still think if played in correct position he’ll come good.

Kent is no different this year to he was last year...

Voted no.

Would take small miracle for someone new to come in and win the title in his first season.

We really need to forget about Europe next season if we want to have a proper go at the title. Playing around 50 games before March when we don't have a massive squad has fucked us again.

8 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Voted no.

Would take small miracle for someone new to come in and win the title in his first season.

We really need to forget about Europe next season if we want to have a proper go at the title. Playing around 50 games before March when we don't have a massive squad has fucked us again.

Don't buy into that, we had just came off a month long break in the sun fuck sake

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't buy into that, we had just came off a month long break in the sun fuck sake

If it's anything like the way the players have talked about the summer training camps under Gerrard, it wouldn't be much of a break. 

It's still a seasons worth of games within about 6 months.

32 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Voted no.

Catch 22 but. We need the income from European football. Funds to go towards improving the squad. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We required quality not quantity in Summer, he instead signed Hastie, Jones, Stewart, Ojo, Barker, King in the areas where we really needed strengthening.

Aribo was a project player and i still think if played in correct position he’ll come good.

Kent is no different this year to he was last year...

We needed a bit of both, but yes certainly I get what you're saying. The fact so many came in for free would suggest we had next to no money though, no? Like I said, would love to know who Gerrard actually wanted compared to what he ended up getting.

Kent btw has been an absolute stand out over and over again in the scum games. It's not working for him at the minute but I don't begrudge a penny of what was spent on him.

39 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Its not up to the support to find a new manager if and when he goes. 

Speculate though. Look at the names on the list before Gerrard was appointed. McInnes offered it, Clarke approached etc.

Can't think of a realistic option better than Gerrard.

16 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We needed a bit of both, but yes certainly I get what you're saying. The fact so many came in for free would suggest we had next to no money though, no? Like I said, would love to know who Gerrard actually wanted compared to what he ended up getting.

Kent btw has been an absolute stand out over and over again in the scum games. It's not working for him at the minute but I don't begrudge a penny of what was spent on him.

I'd also like to know how much input allen had with transfer targets as well. Barker I'm sure was one linked with us before Gerrard. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We couldn’t have afforded him. He’s being paid £6,000,000 a year by Leeds. Highest paid manager in their history.

Much are we paying Gerrard and his team of about 8 staff as well? 

I still believe the question should’ve been asked at the time, no idea what he’d have been thinking at the time. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Much are we paying Gerrard and his team of about 8 staff as well? 

I still believe the question should’ve been asked at the time, no idea what he’d have been thinking at the time. 

How much would Bielsa’s backroom staff cost because they would have to be factored into it too and there’s loads of them at Leeds. It goes with the territory of managers these days.

It would have been amazing but there’s no way we could have afforded him.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Speculate though. Look at the names on the list before Gerrard was appointed. McInnes offered it, Clarke approached etc.

Can't think of a realistic option better than Gerrard.

No point. It’s the DoF / Board’s job. Doubt many fans would have identified any of our last 3 managers. 

There’s undoubtably more experienced better managers out there within our price range. Doesn’t mean we as fans should know who they are. Would anyone have known the Braga manager? Would he have been in our price range? He’s doing a fine job for them. 

Fans go with what they know (which is usually fuck all) hence why Tommy Wright and Steve Clarke are suggested, or why Shankland and Dykes are put forward as strikers in the Jan window. 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

As previously said, no cunt was complaining about systems at their shithole on the 29th Dec were they?

Agreed, BUT they have changed and pushed on, whilst we have stayed same and got worse.

In the one offs we can do it, but maintaining it is a problem. We simply can't remain to be one dimensional and a very disorganised one at that.

I really don't see teams fearing us. We need a system that also suits the ability of the players. Example Hagi comes in and is wide right and wanders back and forth inside which is a waste. The other night we even saw him clearing in the left back area. We've had  Tav struggling all season because he doesnt have a link up in front of him. What's in front of him and there's been several tried, takes away from what he has got. So in these two players alone we end up with a minus.

On the other side we have Kent who spends a lot of his time cutting inside when he shouldn't and again no link up no plan. We look seriously disorganised in both defence and attack. No shape and our movement horrendous.

Players need discipline and hold their role so everyone else knows where they should and will be. Now whether that 433, 352 matters not.

For me I'd personally go for the 352 to play to the strengths of the players we have got. Let Tav do what he is good at and give him the freedom to create down the right without the worry of checking back all the time. It's obviously what he prefers and excells in it.  Get Hagi in the middle, our one player with vision and serious tecnical ability.  Two up front and give central defences something more to worry about, instead of just targeting Alfie and so on.

Currently we are slow and ponderous and go into panic mode when we go behind and we are all over the place with players trying to do too much to recover from a bad situation. We need to be so much better than that. I do wonder at what they get in training, but forward passing can't be one of them.

Lastly, just get the fucking ball back to front in as few passes and in as short a time as possible as all top teams do and bin all that square and back passing shite that is slowing our game down and taking  the pressure off the oppo. It's not Barca we are playing every week.

Just my opinion.

If we were flush with cash and he had us in this position then yes. Given we're not and paying him and his team off would impact money available for the squad then No but he's on a shoogly peg for sure. No trophy this season would be bad but no title next season and he's gone.

Archived