Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Or Ally, or McCall, or Warburton - it's a huge hit or miss. 

There's one thing - Gerrard is a winning personality, as much as Souness or Walter Smith. Based on that alone he needs another season.

What a load of fucking nonsense.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

A rather premature poll.

Wait until Saturday. We go out, he's cheerio no matter wtf we poll and rightly so.

While I think you are right about the timing, what I cannot believe is possible is that we lose there again this season, and on this occasion we have the safety net of a draw giving us another shot at home in a replay. 

Voted No. I know we all want to stop 9 or 10 iar. I know we want to avoid them getting a 4x3.  So time is against us, but that’s not SG’s fault. We need to give him time because he’s the only one that could topple them. Give him more cash for better quality players. No point in sacking him and expecting some other manager to win the title in his first year. 
Under SG we will get there, it may not even be next year, but if we stick with him and progress continues to be made, he’s our best chance IMO. 

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Or Ally, or McCall, or Warburton - it's a huge hit or miss. 

There's one thing - Gerrard is a winning personality, as much as Souness or Walter Smith. Based on that alone he needs another season.

Thought that to begin with, but his managerial career is quite reflective of his playing career (or rather Liverpool as a club during his time).

Never consistent enough to win a league, but could turn it on in Europe on occasion. 

14 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think he could have done with a more experienced assistant. I've nothing against McAllister but he doesn't bring any real management experience other than a couple of unremarkable and brief episodes at Leeds and Coventry.

In hindsight I think that is fair comment, Gary is a really nice guy but not sure what his coaching abilities are like. I also wonder if he is a bit too nice at times? 

I could be wrong in all that but we are all looking for answers to why we have once again collapsed in Feb.   

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Thought that to begin with, but his managerial career is quite reflective of his playing career (or rather Liverpool as a club during his time).

Never consistent enough to win a league, but could turn it on in Europe on occasion. 

Where in the history of the EPL has one (1) player won the league? 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

A rather premature poll.

Wait until Saturday. We go out, he's cheerio no matter wtf we poll and rightly so.

Passing off your guess work as fact now? I get the Impression now want SG to fail. 

You swing like a pendulum. From hating King to loving him, idolising SG to willing his demise, and the less said about Morelos the better.

Best get tested for bi-polar disorder before you implode. 

Voted no but on shaky ground.

My analogy:

Most people recruit members of staff in their own image in all walks of life.

Just because you can perhaps be very good at your particular job in life does not necessarily mean you can teach others to be as good or as driven as you.

SG needs to knuckle the fuck down, get what he can from the team in a formation that the team can play in to get the results required.

He needs the balls to make the right decisions in regard to the squad regardless of what first team regulars toys may fly out the pram.....

Managed the men, set the standard and seek advice if you require to do so.

46 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While I think you are right about the timing, what I cannot believe is possible is that we lose there again this season, and on this occasion we have the safety net of a draw giving us another shot at home in a replay. 

Apart from a few, the players attitude stinks at times.  No point in starting to up your game after poncing about and losing a goal.

Or the reverse, going into an early lead and then easing off and not killing off teams. Seems to be our DNA these days and I'm not getting it.

Aside all the shite I spout to justify a position, Gerrard does have a tough job. He has made mistakes as all managers do. Made some pretty awful buys, but again, what managers don't.  

We were flying in some of our games before the break, but whilst we did toil in some also, we managed to secure the points. All went a bit tits up after the break.

I said before, I think he thinks players should be like him, but they just simply aren't, but he's not getting it, no matter how many chances he gives some. I think he feels pretty let down. I don't like his treatment of Katic though and he went down in my estimation.

I think he needs to try something new in how he sets us up. It wouldn't take much practically, but I think he's got mind block in doing it. Something that many managers do suffer from. Just one little step to break from the norm and I think the change would be immense even with this current crop.

Lennon went two up top and change their fortunes no end. They also do have that winning mentality and would die for him, something that would be a bit harder to instill in our lot, but you do see Kamberi and Hagi with it, so that helps.

I think what kills us fans most is looking so promising before the break and fantasing about that trophy being back in our cabinet, then it was back to earth with a serious bang.

Is there someone else out there who could take us further, I do have my doubts and can't think of anyone. Then we're handicapped with the buying power of the scum and their winners mentality. It's a big call and a tall order.

Realistically I think it's going to take a few more seasons to overhaul our enemy and to avoid meltdown, maybe need to temper our expectations a bit.

The only thing that would make an immediate turnaround in our fortunes is regime change and a mega investor, but can't see it.

So, if Stevie on reflection decides on a new approach to how we are set up and a couple of decent quality comes in, we could see a major difference in our performance. As much is the gap with the enemy and I know they are playing well, they don't half carry some luck, whereas everything seems to conspire against us. Some of our own making and some by external forces.

Just wish a change in our fortunes for once. Eight years now would wear the patience of a saint.

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Passing off your guess work as fact now? I get the Impression now want SG to fail. 

You swing like a pendulum. From hating King to loving him, idolising SG to willing his demise, and the less said about Morelos the better.

Best get tested for bi-polar disorder before you implode. 

Naw. I do the devil's advocate bit to justify a particular position. Some accurate, some shite.

In all honesty, I want him to succeed and I don't think it will take much. See my other post. A wee bit of reflection from Stevie could turn it around, but remember it's football managers we're talking about and it takes a lot for them to change direction, even when they know something isn't working.

I am seriously pissed of right enough, but down to gas mark 3 at the minute.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Naw. I do the devil's advocate bit to justify a particular position. Some accurate, some shite.

In all honesty, I want him to succeed and I don't think it will take much. See my other post. A wee bit of reflection from Stevie could turn it around, but remember it's football managers we're talking about and it takes a lot for them to change direction, even when they know something isn't working.

I am seriously pissed of right enough, but down to gas mark 3 at the minute.

I think SG can succeed with us. Will he get enough time? Will players stop making schoolboy errors and man up? Will Kent earn his pricetag and Morelos find form? Can SG evolve as a manager fast enough to save his job? All variables that are up in the air just now. 

We are good at getting results in one off games. We have shown that in Europe and against the filth. That trait may well save his job. 

A result in either game this week will keep the wolves from the door. 

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think SG can succeed with us. Will he get enough time? Will players stop making schoolboy errors and man up? Will Kent earn his pricetag and Morelos find form? Can SG evolve as a manager fast enough to save his job? All variables that are up in the air just now. 

We are good at getting results in one off games. We have shown that in Europe and against the filth. That trait may well save his job. 

A result in either game this week will keep the wolves from the door. 

Posted in other threads the Scottish cup is vital now. Get us that and he's got something to build from.  Finish trophyless and he's going to be under intense pressure.  

In terms of next season. I think he will be here. New contract means the board aren't doing a payoff. 

He needs to sign players that can go straight into the first 11 this summer and improve it. Actually go for quailty over quantity this time.

He also needs to be more flexible tactically. Sticking with 433 all the time has to go. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Apart from a few, the players attitude stinks at times.  No point in starting to up your game after poncing about and losing a goal.

Or the reverse, going into an early lead and then easing off and not killing off teams. Seems to be our DNA these days and I'm not getting it.

Aside all the shite I spout to justify a position, Gerrard does have a tough job. He has made mistakes as all managers do. Made some pretty awful buys, but again, what managers don't.  

We were flying in some of our games before the break, but whilst we did toil in some also, we managed to secure the points. All went a bit tits up after the break.

I said before, I think he thinks players should be like him, but they just simply aren't, but he's not getting it, no matter how many chances he gives some. I think he feels pretty let down. I don't like his treatment of Katic though and he went down in my estimation.

I think he needs to try something new in how he sets us up. It wouldn't take much practically, but I think he's got mind block in doing it. Something that many managers do suffer from. Just one little step to break from the norm and I think the change would be immense even with this current crop.

Lennon went two up top and change their fortunes no end. They also do have that winning mentality and would die for him, something that would be a bit harder to instill in our lot, but you do see Kamberi and Hagi with it, so that helps.

I think what kills us fans most is looking so promising before the break and fantasing about that trophy being back in our cabinet, then it was back to earth with a serious bang.

Is there someone else out there who could take us further, I do have my doubts and can't think of anyone. Then we're handicapped with the buying power of the scum and their winners mentality. It's a big call and a tall order.

Realistically I think it's going to take a few more seasons to overhaul our enemy and to avoid meltdown, maybe need to temper our expectations a bit.

The only thing that would make an immediate turnaround in our fortunes is regime change and a mega investor, but can't see it.

So, if Stevie on reflection decides on a new approach to how we are set up and a couple of decent quality comes in, we could see a major difference in our performance. As much is the gap with the enemy and I know they are playing well, they don't half carry some luck, whereas everything seems to conspire against us. Some of our own making and some by external forces.

Just wish a change in our fortunes for once. Eight years now would wear the patience of a saint.

I agree with a most of that B A, not sure Stevie will change his playing formation but you never know.

I think there  is a saying  'it is the hope that kills you' and it has certainly been the case this season.

I think most of us felt after the win at the tattie dome on the 29th we had a chance this season to get at least close to 55 but to be out of it in Jan ( being realistic) is terrible and while the EUROPA run had been great it is the league that we all want.

We might get a draw on Wed and go through but I am not hopeful if I was being honest.

What we are left with is the S Cup and while it is not what we want I believe it would help some of our players going into next season, going out on Sat is just not something I want to consider but it will take a performance like the last 25 minutes on last Thursday. 

We need to see what happens on Wed first before we worry about Sat I suppose.

3 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Voted No. I know we all want to stop 9 or 10 iar. I know we want to avoid them getting a 4x3.  So time is against us, but that’s not SG’s fault. We need to give him time because he’s the only one that could topple them. Give him more cash for better quality players. No point in sacking him and expecting some other manager to win the title in his first year. 
Under SG we will get there, it may not even be next year, but if we stick with him and progress continues to be made, he’s our best chance IMO. 

Some sense at last.  Too many bed wetters on here at times. What did  Ferguson achieve at the start of his tenure? Klopp managed 8th in his first season.   

Defeat on Wednesday and Saturday  makes his position untenable no matter the financial cost of him n his coaching staff.

Pedro was punted for less.

Last Thursday covered the cracks up when vwe should have been pumped 3 or 4 nil by braga.

This team is crumbling, imo, I think it will be a sticky end and part terms before or June time.

9 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

If we don't win something this year I think it's time to go. He's been backed financially, we have shown our squad can compete with celtic and the European run proves we're a good team. 

If we’ve shown we can compete with Celtic and are a good team, then why are we getting rid of the manager?

6 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Defeat on Wednesday and Saturday  makes his position untenable no matter the financial cost of him n his coaching staff.

Pedro was punted for less.

Last Thursday covered the cracks up when vwe should have been pumped 3 or 4 nil by braga.

This team is crumbling, imo, I think it will be a sticky end and part terms before or June time.

The Pedro that got knocked out of Europe by part-timers from Luxembourg and regularly shipped 4+ goals to the Tarriers?

Ludicrous comparison.

If we get beaten twice next week then he shouldn't have a choice in the matter. 

Its not an ideal situation we find ourselves in, hoping against hope that we can win the Scottish Cup and get some form back as the thought of having to change managers and go through another 'rebuild' is depressing. 

Archived