Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

One of the biggest mistakes he made was to force out Dan who was put in a position to prove to Gerrard that if he didn’t want him someone else would. Dan had a good pre-season and there was no reason to leave him out of theEuropa squad for the likes of Ojo and Jones. The bigger picture is that Tav is not half the player without the energy and link up play from Dan. Another factor is that Dan was a good friend  for Alfie and maybe could have been helpful to Alfie in the situation we have now.  Alfie is our biggest asset and his friendship with Dan should have been considered. Dan also set up a lot of Alfie goals with his diagonal balls(I know he didn’t beat his man and hit the corner flag but this is modern football not the1950s).

Keep Gerrard as the constant changing no good and recent substitutions are getting better and he seems to be learning.

B1E5B01D-CB87-4C12-A10A-20B3F9C49BB8.gif

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No from me. But I think we have failed to support him properly. Not in the sense of money spent, which has been plentiful, but with reference to his development as a manager.

When Gerrard arrived we knew that as a rookie he'd have gaps in his skill set, and we also know that Rangers is a huge stage on which to undertake your first managerial gig. While it's clear to me that he really does have a lot going for himself (I love how he sets us up against strong opposition, for instance), there are equally obvious areas where his lack of experience is costing us points.

I don't think it would be hard to find someone with the right credentials to, if not mentor Gerrard, then at least be on hand to impart the wisdom/insights that managers normally accrue through seasons of graft in the lower leagues where, with all due respect, losing doesn't matter as much. The alternative is that we continue allowing him to gain that experience at our expense.

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We do not have the squad of Liverpool to dominate teams constantly via 4-3-3.

Exactly.  If you’re going to rely on two number 10s to create everything and chip in with 20-30 goals a season they need to be brilliant.  We don’t have that.  This is his biggest failing as a manager right now.  Continuing to set us up 4-3-3 with Kent behind Morelos (both of whom are out of form).  Hagi looks promising but it’s too much to ask this young guy to come in and do everything midfield to front.

A Gerrard poll in February ? Fuck that, there is no consistency in the team, which is by far the biggest problem. 

If you'd done this poll on Friday he'd have been a stick on for the job. 

We're on a yoyo now, bu I'm still confident in winning the Scottish Cup as I feel the refs will have been told to back off on that one, and we will finish not too far behind in the league.

Suits the tim s agenda for now.......

Next season who knows. Morelos will be a huge influence on whether Gerard stays or goes. If he does well especially against the Tims, his ability will turn it round, or his proven transfer value will give Gerrrard the cash to stay for a final throw. . If Morelos  continues as he is as now, we are well fucked, due to probable drop in value and continued bad results where he does not score, and Gerrar might walk.

So there you have it Morelos's contribution for rest of season could highly influence  Gerrard's future. Here's hoping both can deliver. 

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

One of the biggest mistakes he made was to force out Dan who was put in a position to prove to Gerrard that if he didn’t want him someone else would. Dan had a good pre-season and there was no reason to leave him out of theEuropa squad for the likes of Ojo and Jones. The bigger picture is that Tav is not half the player without the energy and link up play from Dan. Another factor is that Dan was a good friend  for Alfie and maybe could have been helpful to Alfie in the situation we have now.  Alfie is our biggest asset and his friendship with Dan should have been considered. Dan also set up a lot of Alfie goals with his diagonal balls(I know he didn’t beat his man and hit the corner flag but this is modern football not the1950s).

Keep Gerrard as the constant changing no good and recent substitutions are getting better and he seems to be learning.

Another player who seems to have turned into a superstar amongst our support since he left.

there is no chance of him going anywhere, the money he is making the club, the board will not let him go. he has got some great players in for next to nothing. took us on a euro run thats made millions. He was always going to be up against it with them already having a settled team in place.  he gets next year for me to get it right. 

the team has hit a bad bit of form, players like Davis, Kamara, Morelos etc all out of form are not helping.  we need to get his CB and defending right. this happened last year after the winter break.  Rangers where playing the s=best football in scotland up until the winter break. we need to get this sorted, i think he will not make same mistake next year. 

Gerrard leaving goes back to the drawing board and for a club to do that would not be wise. For a club that traditionally stuck with managers barring a few exceptions, having 4 managers in the 4 years we've been back in the top flight is embarrassing. I'm not saying he should go, but unless he bucks up his ideas and fast then it could be a serious problem. 

Voted yes at first but on further reflection we just need to stick with him, that and the fact I can't think of one reasonable replacement for him. Someone does have to get answers out of him and his backroom staff though about the arse collapsing out of our season 2 years on the trot.

57 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Morelos gets booked constantly for being physical. He also gets booked for 'petulance' which others always get away with.

Gerard also brought in Katic who is probably the most physically dominant player in the league, but was at fault for our dropped points at the weekend.

Katic isn't the most physically dominant player in the league. Goodness sake man. Cosgrove is far more physical.

Our squad are scared in Scotland - every one them, Goldson included. 

The biggest factor in cellic's recent domination was I believe Brendan Rogers, who has gone on to prove himself at Leicester. fuck knows how he did it, but the wee bigot seems to have inherited it, along with the occasional help of referees. 

Next season, Gerrrad up against Lennon again is now the real challenge, and the only real question is will Gerrard himself accept it ?

He's done for me second year running they've shat themselves after the break.

I'll be honest tho am happy its come now and not 2/3games left that would've left me scared for life.

I have no doubt playing for Rangers is hard we are extremely demanding perhaps to much on modern players.

When u can't defend your box or pass the ball 3yards. No wonder people get angry and annoyed.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Are you saying he's going to take the title next season? If not, what's the point, apart from we can't afford to sack him?

They will be favorites for the league again next season. Lets just get that established first.

Do I think Gerard will win the league next season? Odds are against it. Can i think of anyone else who we could bring in who would put us odds on to win it? No I cant. I think there is a chance he could as the team have improved under his reign, just been howling the last couple of months.

If we bring someone else in, i think the odds are it will take a year for them to settle in, just to get to the point we are now at with Gerard, with the likelyhood we will be in a worse position than we are now.

We just have to accept they for the moment have more money and a better chance of winning. As long as we are gradually improving, which I believe we are, then we stick with it until they fuck up and we take our chance.

If things do not improve before the end of the season, then yes, we review the situation. If this is just a bad patch though, we fight through it and continue the mission next year.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Are you saying he's going to take the title next season? If not, what's the point, apart from we can't afford to sack him?

I remain optimistic that Gerrard has what it takes to deliver what we want. 

And I think having Ross Wilson to work with this summer will be beneficial. 

I have faith in SG. A managerial carousel is the last thing we need. And with this Rangers board, it would add chaos. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Shaky peg, he's a bawhair away from having the support turn. 

I went the same, but I do hope we get through on Sat (or at least a replay) or I can see many fans being really angry if we are out of the league and SC in Feb. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They will be favorites for the league again next season. Lets just get that established first.

Do I think Gerard will win the league next season? Odds are against it. Can i think of anyone else who we could bring in who would put us odds on to win it? No I cant. I think there is a chance he could as the team have improved under his reign, just been howling the last couple of months.

If we bring someone else in, i think the odds are it will take a year for them to settle in, just to get to the point we are now at with Gerard, with the likelyhood we will be in a worse position than we are now.

We just have to accept they for the moment have more money and a better chance of winning. As long as we are gradually improving, which I believe we are, then we stick with it until they fuck up and we take our chance.

If things do not improve before the end of the season, then yes, we review the situation. If this is just a bad patch though, we fight through it and continue the mission next year.

First things first if he's he for next summer he must go get 2cb in that'll defend the goal for there life. Davie weir type. Then we build from there 

We're gettng humped Wednesday, but I wouldn't blame anyone for that. Braga are simply better and I doubt they will collapse at home. Not forgetting we were dug shite for an hour.

Come Saturday and we lose to Hearts, then he need not turn up for work Monday and a hastily arranged presser to follow soon after.

Archived