Gerrards a Shitebag - post match reaction

scottyc06

He'll walk saying he was brought here to win trophies and he's failed to do that which makes it all look honourable. It also avoids a sacking on his CV which will help him get a job at a championship club down south where there is no real expectation and it's more suited to him.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SkylineBlue said:

He'll walk saying he was brought here to win trophies and he's failed to do that which makes it all look honourable. It also avoids a sacking on his CV which will help him get a job at a championship club down south where there is no real expectation and it's more suited to him.

I really don’t think he’ll walk

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

An Us and Them situation isn’t going to end well.

Actually mate I don’t think there has been enough of them and us between the staff and the players. One of his main faults is showing far too much loyalty to certain players and they have let him down badly. 
I hope he goes on to be a success in the future and he has learned a good lesson with this squad of players. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He had some balls on him for touching us. 

I know we are  a massive club but we where in such a shite place and it would have been hard for anyone to come in and sort this mess out.

Sounds like he'll be walking away with that "we've given them everything for 2 years" part.

He has absolutely no idea how to stop these players from being absolute shitebags domestically. Clear to see barely any of them give a flying fuck. A jaunt in Europe is good enough for them. Cunts.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I have not watched the interviews, just read what everyone has been posting in this thread.

My gut feeling is IF he is going then the sooner the better, I just hope we do not get Murty again as interim manager. 

Why not ?

His headstands would be more appealing than watching this team.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sounds like it, I think he wants to see out the Euro run, he has got us this far he deserves to see it to the end. 

Would agree with that aye but personally i'd rather see him go tomorrow and prepare for whatever shit is coming next 

Him staying until after Leverkusen (or further if we fluke it through) means a new manager not being in place until April/May time.

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He doesn’t have much option the squad is poor. Unless he is going to play the development team. 

I'd rather see youth players or even someone like Polster ahead of Tavernier and Hagi has to start.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have not watched the interviews, just read what everyone has been posting in this thread.

My gut feeling is IF he is going then the sooner the better, I just hope we do not get Murty again as interim manager. 

RTV interview is far more telling mate. 
He sounds like a man that is going to resign. 

Antonio Conte done this recently when Inter gave away points in the title race. He just fucked off raging to give a different message to the players. Don’t mind that tbh but we’ve utterly fucked it domestically. I’m starting to think that these players get crazy win bonuses for only Europa league games or are too big time to do it in shitey Away games in Scotland 

28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Only thing about that is who would have him if he’s walked away after folding in the first job he’s had.

Nobody would touch him.

Sorry to disagree with you Colin, he is a big name in football and  Clubs will touch him because of this. Those Clubs will put it down to " Mickey mouse Scottish football" and his name will not be tarnished. His CV will show success in Europe ( with decent refs) against the backwater of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

He had some balls on him for touching us. 

I know we are  a massive club but we where in such a shite place and it would have been hard for anyone to come in and sort this mess out.

He's moved us forward by miles, there's no doubt about that. It just feels like it's collapsed now and someone else has to come in to take us on the final part of the journey. It just feels like the end of the Warburton era where everyone knew that although he's done a good job, he's taken us as far as he can and something has to give. 

I'm fucking gutted to be saying this.

Just now, shaka said:

I'd rather see youth players or even someone like Polster ahead of Tavernier and Hagi has to start.

Said in the match mate thread, Polster and Docherty would have gave more than Davis or Kamara since the break. The fact we seem short of good squad players is criminal and actually makes Mark Allen’s time as DOF look like a complete clusterfuck. 

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I don't see him going anywhere when we're still in Europe. 

Europe was never his aim though. We are punching in Europe and playing surprisingly  very well.

Gerrard's aim was always to win something domestically with his eyes on the league.

He has failed in doing so and that may be the reason he will walk. 

Archived