Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Eventually but there has to be a line. We can't keep having trophyless seasons and league collapses. I don't want to see us turning into the Rangers equivalent of tommy burns taig side.  Playing some good football at times but failing to deliver. 

He's here for next season at least but a 3rd straight collapse and we've got to look elsewhere.  I refuse to believe ross wilson with his contacts can't find another manager capable of taking us forward, if required. 

For me he's going to have to change approach and be more flexible. He's got a system that works well in europe but it's not going to work in the league.

We do need more quality going forward. But I truly believe we need to go and add physicality to this side.  No nonsense players with a bit of steel, leadership and who can stand up to the hammer throwers that comprise this league.  

He has next season for me, and thats it.

He could start by signing some of these SPL hammer throwers.

Souness done it with Bomber.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye you're right we did see how good he was, the team that won helicopter sunday contained big money signings such as andrews, kyrgiakos, wattereus, rae, novo, prso, 

Oh wait they were all shrewed signings, something he had to do as he wasnt allowed to spend 9mill on his centre halves alone

Eck spent less than gerrard has, made more money from europe, won more trophies against a better tarrier team 

McLeish is a shadow of the man he used to be, he’s washed up and finished for good as a manager

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Meanwhile it is guaranteed that at some point they will fluke a CL group stage, then we are totally fucked

Going to be a lot fucking easier for them thanks to us ramping up the coefficient. Think they'll only have to get through 2 teams to get group stage CL starting with season 21/22.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So how come the solution under eck, plg, ally, warburton and pedro was to bin them, what makes gerrard different

Gerrard has saved the boards bacon the last 2 years with Europa League exploits. Warburton was not backed so failed miserably and was easy to get rid of when his head was called for. Pedro was a bizarre gamble which again backfired. They have gambled everything on Gerrard being a success and put us in a position where we need European football to survive. Getting rid of him whilst expensive also puts huge pressure on whoever follows to replicate the Euro exploits.

Been at the studio all day with no phone. Gutted to come back on here and see he hasn't resigned tbh. Lost all faith in him and the more i think about the mistakes he has made from interviews to on the pitch the more i want him gone.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye you're right we did see how good he was, the team that won helicopter sunday contained big money signings such as andrews, kyrgiakos, wattereus, rae, novo, prso, 

Oh wait they were all shrewed signings, something he had to do as he wasnt allowed to spend 9mill on his centre halves alone

Eck spent less than gerrard has, made more money from europe, won more trophies against a better tarrier team 

Stop twisting facts....even out those players you mentioned 4 were established internationals....how much do you think prso would have been worth if he weren't a bosman....the helicopter Sunday squad was night and day compared to the squad we now have....as for Europe he got us knocked out 2 competitions at the 1st attempt....yes he got us to the last 16 with limited resources but with 7pts I think we would have struggled to get out any other group 

19 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

McLeish is a shadow of the man he used to be, he’s washed up and finished for good as a manager

Not saying we should get him now, his health for a start isnt the best, and he is finished, but what he did for us, not just trophy wise, but financially shouldn't be forgotten, 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Stop twisting facts....even out those players you mentioned 4 were established internationals....how much do you think prso would have been worth if he weren't a bosman....the helicopter Sunday squad was night and day compared to the squad we now have....as for Europe he got us knocked out 2 competitions at the 1st attempt....yes he got us to the last 16 with limited resources but with 7pts I think we would have struggled to get out any other group 

So fuck if prso was an international player on a bosman, he still got him here, eck knew what was needed to win in scotland, he brought andrews here while gerrard spent 4mill on goldson, and i bet big marv right now, no ACL either, could still beat goldson in the air

Eck learned scottish football, gerrard hasn't yet in two years 

26 minutes ago, Vision said:

I've not looked at the stats but in all the time Gerrard's been here I don't think the team has lost more than 2 goal's.

In Scotland and in Europe.

Which shows that off the ball we arent that bad, as people are making out 

Its on the ball we are rotten at times, because we are sussed out

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who specifically?

Growing tired of this myth that we need hammer throwers to win this league.

Players need a blend of silk and steel yes, but fuck all this hammer thrower nonsense.

How many do the scum have?

We need a few key players that are better than what we've got, and a few more still to take a long fucking hard look in the mirror and pull themselves the fuck together.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So fuck if prso was an international player on a bosman, he still got him here, eck knew what was needed to win in scotland, he brought andrews here while gerrard spent 4mill on goldson, and i bet big marv right now, no ACL either, could still beat goldson in the air

Eck learned scottish football, gerrard hasn't yet in two years 

Your point about Marvin Andrews makes my point....you are admitting that big Marv (who was average at best) with a ACL injury is still better than Goldson......so we are now in total agreement that Mcleish had a lot better players at his disposal than Gerrard but still managed to go 10 games without a win as Rangers manager....take your head out the sand with regards to how great a manager Mcleish actually was

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Which shows that off the ball we arent that bad, as people are making out 

Its on the ball we are rotten at times, because we are sussed out

What frustrates me is we can play football, Porto etc. 

We're just not brave enough or can't be bothered to show it enough.

Whilst we are still in the Europa league he won't walk, We have made progress since he came in but the performances domestically since the Winter break have been nothing short of a disgrace. We needed another striker and attacking option in the summer and we didn’t get it. 

Our next 2 games will go a long way in seeing if Gerrard is going to be our Manager going forward. Personally I think that if he has taken us as far as he can and his inability to change a game when it's going wrong will be a big reason he won't be here. Certain players for him are undropable even when they really need a spell on the sidelines. Tav, Goldson, Helender (when fit) OJO. 

Only way Gerrard walks is when he wants to go, 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The only SPL players would be Lewis Ferguson and possibly David Turnbull.

Hickey would be a decent squad addition too as he can play both full back positions.

Greg docherty and Ferguson, same level imo. Rather give our own a chance. We will see Wednesday night UF Gerrard has any balls, likes if polster came in and was our best for best for 2 games then is completely out the squad of 18 fir ojo, Barker 🤢

Archived