New Manager

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’d give Gerrard another season but it can’t be done with current staff. Will Gerrards name attract an experienced semi-retired manager wanting to be his mentor, possibly?  The rest of this season needs to be his opportunity to show he has what it takes, demote Beale and McAllister replace with said semi retired manager, finish the Rangers careers of at least three who have failed him and get a stable team that can challenge Leverkusen and push the scum for the league title,

He seems about as loyal as it's possible to be and close to his staff, so I don't think there's any possibility whatsoever of that happening.

It's also not his staff that need thrown under the bus it's half a dozen of those cunt players.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im still behind Gerrard but we need a massive overhaul in the summer too many of our players just don’t get it, we need about 5 first team starters imo, sell Morelos Tav Goldson  Kent and Kamara, get rid of Davis and lets get players with bottle in. 

8 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Aye buts its stevie g come on to fuck 

The worrying thing is this is actually an excuse for some. More so the younger generation.

Absolutely fucking grim. Cunts need to get their head out their arse. Rangers come first,not some fucking Liverpool legends reputation.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He seems about as loyal as it's possible to be and close to his staff, so I don't think there's any possibility whatsoever of that happening.

It's also not his staff that need thrown under the bus it's half a dozen of those cunt players.

I don’t feel comfortable allowing him another season with him receiving the same guidance from McAllister and Beale , I’d feel a lot more comfortable if he has someone more experienced giving him advice. 

If your right his loyalty should lose him his Rangers career, it’s his blind faith in the players that are not Rangers standard that has dug him into the hole he currently is in, he needs to wising up and learn.

So we keep the manager cause hes great , just not against home grown mediocrity, and we off load players that his greatness wanted, cause they aren't great against home grown mediocrity, and its their lack of greatness that's the issue not the managers.  Seems legit.

But if this lot arent great what will we do to make sure the next lot are?

Pop corn teeth the tactical genius, pumped in europe en route to win a treble. But its the morale victories that count.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What has he done to deserve another season?

GVB won a dutch cup in his first season after spending around £9m(lost key player that summer) and spent a further 3m in 16/17 and won the Dutch league.

This continued myth by some on here that a new manager coming in will need a whole new squad and millions is bullshit!

A more tactical manager gets more out of this squad. Its capable of challenging for trophies and managers would change formation like yesterday. Gerrard does f all unless we are behind in a game and fails to fix the issues. 

Gio had four seasons as an assistant manager before taking over and won the league once in his 7 or 8 years there.

People keep throwing his name out as if he'd be a guaranteed improvement, and what I'm saying is he needed time and patience to be a success there. In a league and at a club he knows inside out. I don't think he did much in Europe either.

We should give the same to Gerrard.

9 minutes ago, Bertent said:

So we keep the manager cause hes great , just not against home grown mediocrity, and we off load players that his greatness wanted, cause they aren't great against home grown mediocrity, and its their lack of greatness that's the issue not the managers.  Seems legit.

Pop corn teeth the tactical genius, pumped in europe en route to win a treble. But its the morale victories that count.

What the fuck are you slabbering about?

9 minutes ago, Bertent said:

By and large we're shopping about in bargain bins for frees and loans. Of all the players 'big' money was spent on, probably only Grezda was an absolute disaster.

I think he's getting about as much as he could with the money made available to him and if the money was there we'd be bringing in a higher quality of player, e.g. the attempts for Longstaff and Vydra amongst others.

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

If a new manager is required I'd hope our board to do what any competent organisation would do - invite applications, shortlist, interview, shortlist, interview again, select best candidate.

Given their track history however I'd expect them to select the most left-field candidate who gives the best powerpoint presentation

Warburton and Pedro got the jobs just like that and sold the board life policies and double glazing.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's nonsense to try and downplay his achievement of winning the league by using him being an assistant.

He was manager for 4 seasons and won 5 trophies.

It was also Feyenoord's first league win in 17 years. It was a tremendous achievement from him on half the budget Gerrard has had in two seasons and didnt need to revamp the whole squad to be successful. That's what good managers do, improve players.

He did well but he had time. One league in 4 seasons. 2 of those trophies were charity shields. And it's relevant that he was an assistant there for 4 years prior to taking over because he was already working with the players, understanding the league and others sides inside out etc.

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’d go and both hands and knees and beg Walter Smith to save us, before it’s too late.   It might already be too late.

Seen a few folk suggesting this. What the fuck would Walter do? He needed to outspend everybody in the league to win it. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He did well but he had time. One league in 4 seasons. 2 of those trophies were charity shields. And it's relevant that he was an assistant there for 4 years prior to taking over because he was already working with the players, understanding the league and others sides inside out etc.

It's a no go anyway, he's joined a Chinese club.

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Warburton and Pedro got the jobs just like that and sold the board life policies and double glazing.

With you there .

But this is the 3rd time this has happened .

we had greqat games under Warburton and Pedro , spells of mediocrity and then dross . 

Why is this happening every time we get a manager . The heads go down and it's down tools everything is shite . 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Seen a few folk suggesting this. What the fuck would Walter do? He needed to outspend everybody in the league to win it. 

Had this argument wae cunts two years ago, go and look at how much smith spent in January 2007, summer 2007 and winter 2008 and took us from absolute shite to a European final and if it wasn’t for fixture pile up a treble.  Come back and see me when you do. 

2 hours ago, thehost said:

If we are paying Gerard levels of salary we can attract all sorts of quality managers

The King has gone. There is no more money.

Gerrard was the last throw of the dice for this board. We are left with super tit Robertson to run the show, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

With no Gerrard and no trophies, we are downsizing on a wage bill that is unsustainable, which will in turn leave fans voting with their feet.

King and this board are not a charity, nor oligarchs. Someone or something has to pay the piper. There are no free rides in business.

Ever decreasing circles

Allardyce is out of work, someone should be looking into wether he’ll take a mentor type role even if just for the rest of the season, demote McAllister and Beale to make way for him. He’s looking for a new challenge and helping shape an ex player with Gerrards profile into a decent manager might just be a challenge he welcomes.  

Archived