Steven Davis

BigBearButt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What games?!

I felt that he was decent in Europe, particularly in the early stages of the season. Definitely think we were better without him in the league, though. 

He was pretty much like this back in his first spell as well. As captain he got absolutely battered for all the things Tav does.

14 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Jack lacks quality.

He's not used properly, jack should be used to cover the middle of the park in front of the centre halves, break up opposition play, stop opposition runners, and when he gets the ball be gives it to guys like hagi, aribo, kent etc

I still say if we play a 4132, including two actual wide midfielder and instead of the defenders doing the attacking they simply support the guys in front of them, we'd fare so much better, even if its a 4141, 

Wed night, our best chance and biggest miss came from a barisic cross and a tav miss, one fullback crossing to another, think we only had one other player in the box, our two fullbacks were higher up the park than our number tens, 

On 06/03/2020 at 23:21, jjbscotty12 said:

Jack lacks quality.

Jack's a brilliant all round footballer.

Everything's relative. Is he lesser in quality than the midfielders you find in the best teams in England? Of course.

For what we can expect to bring through the door he's got every bit of quality you could ask for.

Technically a very underrated player.

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Finished. He was very lucky in the first half of the season not to get punished more for his slack passing, now he’s being punished for it. Any chance Southampton are willing to take him off us for a second time? 

Offers fuck all now, defo past it 

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s done.  Shouldn’t have had his contract extended.

It's hit him quick. He's just a yard off everything.

Looking like the player who came in last January, which is a shame as for the last 1-2 months of last season and the first 3-4 months of this one he was brilliant for us.

But when your legs go and you're done, you're done.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's hit him quick. He's just a yard off everything.

Looking like the player who came in last January, which is a shame as for the last 1-2 months of last season and the first 3-4 months of this one he was brilliant for us.

But when your legs go and you're done, you're done.

Pretty much sums it up.

Ponderous is about the best I can come up with as a descriptive. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Ponderous is about the best I can come up with as a descriptive. 

Its not only that, he drops so deep to play a pass our defenders should be doing, that it leaves our other midfielders with less options apart from going backwards

He's so passive in his play its brutal

Jack and Arfield are no nonsense players who  are vital  for the two big games next week.

Davis had a  good game today using some longer range forward passing to good effect as instructed by the coaching team,I noticed in the last four domestic games that opponents are using a much higher pressing game against us and funnelling back in numbers while we dilly dally in the midfield area with far too many side balls.

We are far more effective when we ramp up the tempo and press aggressively on both flanks.

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

Jack and Arfield are no nonsense players who  are vital  for the two big games next week.

Davis had a  good game today using some longer range forward passing to good effect as instructed by the coaching team,I noticed in the last four domestic games that opponents are using a much higher pressing game against us and funnelling back in numbers while we dilly dally in the midfield area with far too many side balls.

We are far more effective when we ramp up the tempo and press aggressively on both flanks.

Davis did not have a good game today at all. 

Archived