*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

In the UK there have been 10 deaths from 30,000 tested.   If that was to be reflected across the UK population then you would be looking at 20,000 although I very much doubt it will be anywhere near that figure.

Most of those 30,000 didn't have it yet though.

The government's plan is admittedly to allow the majority of the population to contract it.

Let's say that is only 50% of the population and assume that the mortality rate is only 1%, then that would mean approximately 300,000 deaths.

Hopefully this could be brought down somewhat if the old dears somehow manage to keep themselves locked up long enough to avoid it, but I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dominic Cummings has just stated it's the government's plan for us to acquire herd immunity.

Their plan is actually for most of the population to contract it.

If it continues to double every 4 days, then it would expect to peak around the end of May. They will impose closing of schools a few weeks before this to slow things down a bit over the peak.

At the end of the day, there was no real way of stopping this, but it does mean that there are going to be hundreds of thousands of deaths in the UK. It will mainly be older folk if that gives any comfort to anyone though.

My arse.

21 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

The figures will be higher than those recorded

Edit: Expert doing the conference with Boris just now has said a more accurate number of those infected in the U.K. is between 5,000-10,000 - and to continue rising exponentially.

Nobody knows what the figures are, not even the experts.   It is far too early to try and predict the number of deaths.       As far as this thread is concerned, UEFA and the UK authorities have deemed it OK  for tonight's game to proceed.

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

So basically the best bet is to go out now to get infected before things get too busy. 👍

Sure, If your under 50 and in perfect health ... so that should cover about three people that post on this message board 😁

16 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Nobody will convince me it’s not baffling , Rangers are allowing a support into our stadium that can’t get into their own 

This is baffling, can't go to home games, but feel free to fly to another country.  Some unusual thought process has went into that.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It actually is.

The worst time to get it will be at the peak when there won't be enough doctors, beds or respirators.

Yep obviously agree.

I would, but as an asthmatic I've already got my respirator just in case 👍

10 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

This is baffling, can't go to home games, but feel free to fly to another country.  Some unusual thought process has went into that.

Minute they confirmed their home game was behind closed doors Rangers should have said we’ll not be opening the away section at ibrox 

24 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It actually is.

The worst time to get it will be at the peak when there won't be enough doctors, beds or respirators.

Not like a cold where your body develops immunity though, as far as they know you can get this virus more than once.

So you could get it now and then catch it again during the peak.

Just now, JC10 said:

Not like a cold where your body develops immunity though, as far as they know you can get this virus more than once.

So you could get it now and then catch it again during the peak.

Too early to know how long immunity lasts.

You actually lose immunity to anything if it's long enough between infections.

There were some early reports of people getting it, recovering and then getting it again. This however is very unlikely and more likely to be someone being discharged before they were fully recovered and it relapsing.

59 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

With how serious the rest of the world are taking this virus carry on I’m shocked this game is still going ahead tonight. Non the less, mon the teddy bears. 

People up here are genuinely shocked that this game is going ahead, nevermind with 50k people in attendance.

31 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Heading off to the game soon. Strange circumstances. Not confident at all. Anyway come on Rangers 

Same, can't see anything other than an easy Leverkusen win, after Chelsea and Spurs were hammered by the germans

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Same, can't see anything other than an easy Leverkusen win, after Chelsea and Spurs were hammered by the germans

Yea.. The Bundesliga seems to be seriously underestimated... its not just Bayern and Dortmund as many seem to think. Its a very strong league.. one of the best in my opinion.

Archived