Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Possibly in some cases. Personally, I don’t think we can blame/judge clubs for acting in their own interests. Clubs need cash immediately and this was a way of getting it. Anger should be towards those who used the desperation of clubs to award celtic a title

Absolutely, most clubs were effectively voting with a gun to their heads and the real disgrace is that they were put in that position by the SPFL.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amongst the member clubs there have been numerous discussions of the SPFL’s offer as well as viable, equitable proposed alternatives that could see potentially a neutral outcome for all clubs involved if the season cannot be finished.   In all cases, current placement monies could be distributed to the member clubs in very short order while maintaining all SPFL obligations.  Make no mistake; we would have to work quickly and diligently to ensure that members’ current needs are met and that the democratic process is followed, but it is achievable.

Looks like Rangers proposals was effective in influencing some clubs decisions. Dundee’s statement. 

3 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Earns them a few bob with TV and tickets.

But hibs are taigs so they would rather vote yes then complain that they lost money out of it in the future.

I just find it bizarre.

Football must be the only business i know were making money isn’t their primary concern.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

But why is it now down to Inverness of all clubs? First it was County but now its Inverness. Or is it just the taig puppets putting pressure on them in the media since they won't accept the green and grey euro?

Depends. Can see ‘political’ pressure being put on the wee clubs by tarriers and spfl 100%

But most clubs live hand to mouth and need prize money and ST money to stay afloat. 

SPFL clearly don’t believe it will be finished on the field of play - that upsets clubs due to lost revenue for starters. ‘Null and Void’ out the equation.

The only solution the SPFL can come up with is this. Wether it’s now or in the summer this will end up through. If it takes a reconstruction to get through that’s what I think will happen.

Talking about the new season kicking off August, September latest.... how can clubs sell season tickets?

All Bizarre. 

May the end of the day, above all else you can relegate clubs, especially partick ffs. Unacceptable 

Just now, The Monk said:

Absolutely, most clubs were effectively voting with a gun to their heads and the real disgrace is that they were put in that position by the SPFL.

And the Spfl shud never be allowed to forget this next season 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Possibly in some cases. Personally, I don’t think we can blame/judge clubs for acting in their own interests. Clubs need cash immediately and this was a way of getting it. Anger should be towards those who used the desperation of clubs to award celtic a title

If some clubs had come out and said “we need the money now and see no other choice that to go with this railroaded vote” I wouldn’t mind at all. 

Partick Thistle should be commended big time for calling it out. And well done to Dundee for showing morals too. 

"The SPFL Board and Executive freely admit that they focused on the sporting merit of the proposal and did not take into consideration any financial fall out to their member clubs."

- Dundee FC

Holy fuck. Can there be a more incompetent strategy in such a crisis than to not focus on the financial viability of their members.

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

If it fails, out the corrupt cunts who held a gun to the heads of struggling clubs, this must be number one priority! 

Should be outed regardless of the outcome. Hope Partick kept the calls and emails on record.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"The SPFL Board and Executive freely admit that they focused on the sporting merit of the proposal and did not take into consideration any financial fall out to their member clubs."

- Dundee FC

Holy fuck. Can there be a more incompetent strategy in such a crisis than to not focus on the financial viability of their members.

Jesus fucking wept.

Archived