Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beerbarrel said:

If Hearts had started a crowd funder for the legal costs, their fans and other clubs would have financed it easily and then some. I don't see it being down to just cost.

There's a lot been going on behind the scenes, promises made etc so  I agree there.

I don't think the teams in our league could agree on what day of the week it is though, so any crowdfunding would fall flat. They can't even turn up to support their own team.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

They need us for our money mate .That is why I believe King got the keys without as much as a whimper .I think the scum didn’t have to kill us .We are self harming since 2012

That is what is galling mate , feel like a cheap hooker, used and abused by everyone

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

However, as a Club, the decision to relegate Thistle is first and foremost about our people and what this might mean for them. To pursue court action costs money and considerable time – so we have had to consider carefully whether both could be better spent on securing the Club’s future and protecting the livelihoods of those we employ. In deciding what our next steps should be, that was our first priority.

Thistle has always lived in the real world so we also looked at the bigger picture of the life-changing pandemic we find ourselves in. The resulting lockdown is challenging the very existence of some clubs. If we were to take this action to court, there is a risk that might stop the release of much-needed monies to those clubs on Friday.

That’s a step too far for us. Regardless of what’s been inflicted on Thistle, we can’t be responsible for pushing even one club to the brink. It would be hypocritical of us to have espoused “do no harm” as a reason why we shouldn’t be relegated and then do exactly that.

Virtue signalling surrender monkeys.

Hope they die, along with the others.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Unless us and them vote no then Reconstruction is a certainty imo.

Common sense about finances thrown out window due to the pressure put on these clubs from SPFL and other teams.

Would hibs back reconstruction saving hearts?

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I would say it should fail but after the last week you never know. 

What promises do Rangers want if they are to vote for reconstruction? 

A colts team in the lower league we will vote for it and if not we won't bother? 

I do think a Colts team would be a bargaining chip, but then the argument would be how is that fair to lowland and highland league sides, other premier league teams would argue the toss for their Colts etc so the squabble would continue until we gave up.

They wouldn't even entertain a fair and reasonable suggestion regarding the vote.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There's a lot been going on behind the scenes, promises made etc so  I agree there.

I don't think the teams in our league could agree on what day of the week it is though, so any crowdfunding would fall flat. They can't even turn up to support their own team.

I had a peek at the Jambos forum earlier after Budge's statement. Some of their long timers are raging at Budge. I'm sure a good few might have been willing to stump up for court action. But, its all speculative, I suppose, who knows?

23 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A load of teams are going to shite themselves when the reconstruction resolution fails. 

It should fail, because the teams who will vote for or against it have just voted to relegate teams prematurely, why change the habit and give them a reprieve?

I doubt they will find a new notion of integrity when for most it’s always been about looking after themselves.

If it fails, and it should.  Those voting against it haven’t relegated anyone (including Hearts), that decision was finalised by Dundee last night.

I hope we vote it down.

2 minutes ago, blueballss said:

That is what is galling mate , feel like a cheap hooker, used and abused by everyone

I don’t personally mate .Happy with my lot 

Can’t help the fact our club are happy playing second fiddle without a fight 

I absolutely know 100% if this was the scum .We would be having anarchy 

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It won’t 

This shower are ahead of the curve .

Reconstruction cannot/ will not happen.

Simple questions such as, why is it now an option (we know why but the SPFL as an organisation have to have a business case to put to its members), who decided on the people "leading" the review (again we know why but there has to be an auditable trail providing evidence), what remit do these two have (they can't just be sent out with "have chat" about it mentality) need to be answered. 

16 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Spot on, and the spfl know that.

That's why they have been steaming ahead with their plans. Out with us and celtic, nobody else in Scottish football have the finances or the want to take the association to court. 

They have the deck firmly stacked in their favour and we have sleepwalked into it for years. Any evidence we do have against them would have to be iron clad, otherwise it's status quo.

Cant help but feel that the one thing they don't have covered is the poor quality of the Scottish product. If we can somehow drag the name of the Scottish game so low (without that effort being attached to us) that TV deals are ditched, even more fans start staying away, Scottish fitbaw is seen as not worth bothering about cause it is a thugs league and totally corrupt, giving out meaningless trophies etc then we may eventually get somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bears Den last week - “wiv goat them by the baws”

this week - “fuck the club, ahm done”

next week “aye, that’s me renewed”

No chance and by the way you were the most negative on here .Thats right, you called it being realistic 

That is being a hypocrite 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I suppose it’s a new version of ‘Sell Out’s Saturday’

Shower of spineless twats

Aye,
2012: The 'integrity' of the game is paramount. Money, the financial well being of clubs, a very distant second.

2020: Hypocrisy on a monumental scale. Corrupt to the core.

Archived