Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/board-update-on-Rangers-resolution

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members.  This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution.  By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed. 

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”.  For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution.  The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution.  The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday.  Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2. 

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

That statement is bollocks. They say by law they can't do it, but they are an association made up of member clubs who create their own laws and articles. 

They are liars. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That statement is bollocks. They say by law they can't do it, but they are an association made up of member clubs who create their own laws and articles. 

They are liars. 

They still have to comply with the Companies Act which the claim Rangers’ resolution does not. i have no idea how true that claim is.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

They still have to comply with the Companies Act which the claim Rangers’ resolution does not. i have no idea how true that claim is.

I thought that might be the case too, so my next thought was either Rangers have it wrong or the SPFL are lying.

I know what one I think it is.

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't know specifically and am very limited in who I have any contact with due to being furloughed and not having access to work devices and being unable to get in contact with people who'd be able to give me a better idea of what the issue was.

You have the internet and a mobile phone, I know, radical ideas.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

St Mirren confirm they are voting yes. Aye this fucking St Mirren 👇👇👇👇👇

142A1D49-9FCF-4DB2-A142-34A53AD0E59D.jpeg

They're voting to end it for themselves no the taigs. 

Hearts can catch them 

Scottish football is one swamp that badly needs drained, before we all die from it's stench, the smell of corruption is that bad.

The scum's stranglehold needs brought to an abrupt end.

There are skeletons in many cupboards, but who is going to be brave enough to lead and out every last one of them.

Without change, there is little point to a sporting competition that is corrupt. Every last member making up the numbers to benefit the one, such is the bias.

It is now time for a few home truths to be told, or are we to be sullied yet again and put back in our box?   Time to call it out, but who will have the courage?

Those cunts have no interest in a middle ground to benefit all. The whole agenda is to benefit the one. Time they were bludgeoned to death. 

No more Mr nice guy!

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I know 😂😂 that’s why a vote is a farce. It a vote of self interest. It’s laughable.

In fairness mate that's what a vote is about (or should be about) self-interest. Why else would you vote?

The issue is the SPFL seemingly working on behalf of celtic trying to bully teams and bribe them into voting a certain way.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Correct the mechanism to make this happen needed work done though 

Absolutely no chance I know but surely if this passes and Rangers take it to uefa and they agree , it stands , surely we’ve won the Europa league then, in from first round and won the most games, can’t have it all ways 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Absolutely no chance I know but surely if this passes and Rangers take it to uefa and the agree it stands , surely we’ve won the Europa league then, in from first round and won the most games 

And maybe Hearts win the SC as they have scored more goals 

Archived