Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

56 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

There’s Rangers fans on here who wanted our board to fail in the fight against the SPFL just so they could say “I told you so” ? 

Im interested to know who these posters are mate because no real Rangers fan would want this fucking monstrosity of an organisation to continue as it is.

Name the cunts 

There was a caller on Rangers Radio lastnight that thought Rangers were too heavy handed and another who thinks we're wrong in going against the SPFL.ffs

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Part of the problem is (and for the life of me, I can’t begin to imagine how such a dullard has swung this), he’s on so many platforms - BT, BBC, written press.......

Seems a lot of the rest of the world aren’t as tuned into the guy’s faults as we are.

Same with Hartson - hired as a sympathy vote or to fulfil a quota, but free rein to spout pish because ‘he’s been through a lot’.

Definitely due to sympathy, I mean his brain wasn't working properly even before they removed half of it.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

Definitely due to sympathy, I mean his brain wasn't working properly even before they removed half of it.

Aye - another one with no self-awareness, who’s overindulged.

Mainstream shouldn’t be touching him with a barge pole after what he did to Berkovic, yet here we are....

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

There was a caller on Rangers Radio lastnight that thought Rangers were too heavy handed and another who thinks we're wrong in going against the SPFL.ffs

Probably Tarriers mate 

Interesting the spfl have accused Douglas Park of threatening Neil Doncaster .

I seem to recall ' not a single shred of evidence ' being used in a statement of theirs only a couple of days ago . 

19 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Part of the problem is (and for the life of me, I can’t begin to imagine how such a dullard has swung this), he’s on so many platforms - BT, BBC, written press.......

Seems a lot of the rest of the world aren’t as tuned into the guy’s faults as we are.

Same with Hartson - hired as a sympathy vote or to fulfil a quota, but free rein to spout pish because ‘he’s been through a lot’.

Sutton in particular plays the game. He changes his stance on things dependent on who he is talking to. English press says one thing, Scottish the other.

His rabble rousing is poked and ridiculed down South so he tries.The softer approach. It's lauded up here. Says as much about the intelligence levels of the average person up here as it does about him. 

16 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Aye - another one with no self-awareness, who’s overindulged.

Mainstream shouldn’t be touching him with a barge pole after what he did to Berkovic, yet here we are....

Anti Semitic in the extreme 

It’s amazing that Doncaster is still in a job, even before all this voting shambles and corruption the guy is totally inept, Scottish football has regressed massively during his tenure, from pathetic sponsorship deals to minuscule tv deals and he’s paid 400k a year ffs, how can clubs be happy with this, we have one of the biggest fixtures in world football to market our league yet this blundering buffoon comes back with deals dwarfed by Scandinavian countries ffs, amazing how no questions have been asked about this clowns tenure before now. 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Did he? It’s normally posted in here if he’s said anything.

A link to the article was posted ,it takes you to the BBC Sports page 

He kind of takes more a middle ground but does still call out the SPFL

Not sure I understand this completely

https://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/articles/director-advice/understanding-a-company-directors-fiduciary-duties-and-consequences-of-failing-these-duties

To my untrained eye the SPFL are screwed if we take this up a level once the vote fails.

Stuff you read during lockdown.

The war in the north rages on. By this, I of course mean the continued infighting within the SPFL. We continue to have one statement pitted against another, followed by open letters, followed by interviews. Has any of this actually achieved anything positive?

War often breaks out when diplomacy fails. It seems that they skipped the diplomacy phase altogether. This seems lost on the warring parties.

Meanwhile, football clubs are analysing cash flow forecasts that show them haemorrhaging cash throughout the shutdown. Some clubs are looking at accounts that show them going bust in a matter of months. What is even more concerning, is that hundreds of people continue to die every day from this virus. But the football war rages on.

Hello, this is the first of your 5 free articles for this week

Subscribe today

The Rangers dossier has been published. The SPFL has responded. I’m not a fan of the process or language that either party has used. There are clear issues that need to be addressed, and as I’ve said in this column previously, every club should feel empowered to raise concerns within the SPFL, and the league executive and board should respond with professionalism, respect and a willingness to find resolution. That isn’t happening.

There is clearly an issue regarding the culture in Scottish football. Some of the revelations in the dossier made for uncomfortable reading. Sadly, I recognised some of the concerns too. I myself have raised concerns about the culture in the past and my concerns were met with similar disdain and defensiveness. 

There clearly are issues that need to be addressed, but this should happen in a forum where there is a willingness to accept critical analysis and introduce change where required, as opposed to forced change through an almighty bust-up. It was Martin Luther King Jr who said, “Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows”, and we would do well to remember that advice.

The next step will be the SPFL EGM on Tuesday. Whilst there is bound to be an outcome from that meeting one way or another, I doubt there will be a lasting solution that everyone can unite behind. I fear this will run on. The war will transition to a never-ending cold war.

On Friday evening, we learned that talks on league reconstruction had apparently broken down. The Premiership clubs have despatched an edict to the rest of us to tell us that we no longer have their blessing to continue talks on improving the game. For those who wrongly thought that the Reconstruction Working Group were in charge of this, then I hope this serves as a stark reminder of how ‘democracy’ works in 
the SPFL. The top 12 decide. The rest are left wanting. 

As it stands, there is no change to the league structures for next season. So the 84 per cent of supporters polled recently who wanted larger leagues have been given the cold shoulder by the Premiership. That’s what you call tough love. We’ll take your money, but you can keep your opinions to yourself.

Somebody said to me the other day, when this is all over, what will Scottish football think when we look back on this time in our history? Most likely with a sense of embarrassment.

But we shouldn’t let that overshadow the many good things that are still going on. I’ve mentioned my own Club’s Community Help Initiative that is about to enter its ninth week of operation. Nearly 3,000 school lunches delivered, more than 400 shopping trips undertaken, more than 3,000 volunteer hours, 600 hot meals delivered, and 450 food parcels distributed.

This should be part of football’s legacy during this pandemic. Whilst I can easily talk about the work we are doing at Stenhousemuir FC as I obviously have first-hand knowledge, I know there are many football clubs at all levels doing a whole range of things in their own local communities.

But what about the supporters? The often-maligned typical football supporter. He or she is buying their season ticket in advance, they are buying shares in their club, they are handing in a day’s wage to keep their club afloat. They are taking the trouble to write in and thank their local club for helping the vulnerable. They are volunteering and taking an active role in delivering help and support at a time when communities need it most. They are doing what they can to help their club and community in a real spirit of hope and positivity. We’ve proven the value of having a local football club.

The football authorities need to turn their attention to working with clubs to ensure their survival and their ability to continue to be part of the many communities they serve right across Scotland.

Nobody will win this current war within the SPFL, and nobody will win the next one either. Nobody ever really wins a war. But society will gain when football clubs survive and continue to be an integral part of their local communities.

* Iain McMenemy is the chairman of League 2 club Stenhousemuir.

A message from the Editor:

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

This media can not be played? I watched the John Bennett interview this morning  then went to watch it again but it has gone, I clicked on every one but nothing.

Are they receiving cease and desist notices? 

33 minutes ago, HG5 said:

For me It's becoming clear that some sports journalist genuine want to see integrity within the game they write about and understand the need to shine a light on the maladministration of those who govern the game. These journalist are asking the SPFL the relevant questions. The SPFL ignore them and hand out their own arrogant Q&A's.

The SPFL then go on record providing the sloganeering section of the media a quote or two to that could be seen as harassment towards Rangers and the whistle blower/s genuine concerns about maladministration. the pundits you mention should read the whistle blowers act as whistle blower/s have protection against this sort of victimisation.

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Interesting the spfl have accused Douglas Park of threatening Neil Doncaster .

I seem to recall ' not a single shred of evidence ' being used in a statement of theirs only a couple of days ago . 

I wonder if Rangers are recording the phone calls to and from the SPFL as proof of what has been said just in case this goes to court.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Sutton caught out once more.......

That is the same level of 180 degree swivel or, as I like to call it, hypocrisy, as Elephant Man, who’s Hivs couldn’t possibly give Hertz a guard of honour (too inflammatory), but we were in the wrong for not giving sellik one.....

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s amazing that Doncaster is still in a job, even before all this voting shambles and corruption the guy is totally inept, Scottish football has regressed massively during his tenure, from pathetic sponsorship deals to minuscule tv deals and he’s paid 400k a year ffs, how can clubs be happy with this, we have one of the biggest fixtures in world football to market our league yet this blundering buffoon comes back with deals dwarfed by Scandinavian countries ffs, amazing how no questions have been asked about this clowns tenure before now. 

The fact he’s still in a job tells it’s own story and is at the root of all the problems 

He’s underachieved throughout his tenure with no criticism allowed 

Mega bonuses for getting contracts that are still below their true value 

4 games with us and the filth are massive marketing opportunities ,a few years ago they sold the worldwide rights for an undeclared sum for a ridiculous long period of 7 years if I remember correctly ,scandalous 

but he’s there for a reason and we all know that reason 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I could have been one of them mate tbh I’ve been against this board and Robertson in particular since 2016 but the last couple of days are making me rethink, I’m delighted in the way the board have handled this stuff with the SPFL. 

I have been highly critical of the board in the past but at no point have I ever wanted them to fail I would be surprised if any real Rangers supporter wanted them to fail. 

I should have worded it better, not wanting but perhaps a wee bit looking forward to saying “told you they were useless” or words to that effect 👍

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He defo said at one point he was going to spit on my cock and give it covid didn't he? 😂😂😂😂

Would need to look back but I think you said that to him😂

Archived