Douglas Park

bluenose48

His offer to fund a fully independent inquiry into the SPFL must be making a few sphincters to quiver at Hampden.

One of the sticking points being thrown up by those against an enquiry is the cost to clubs in the present financial situation. There you go fixed.

Now lets see who is serious.

Was hoping for this, gives us more control on who does the inquiry and it’s scope. 
It must be allowed to get to the root of the issue, why did SPFL lie, bully and corrupt to push through their agenda? That needs answered. 

There are clubs on one side (us, Falkirk, Thistle, Hearts etc) and a cabal controlled by fenians (Hibs, Dundee Hibs, scum, Accies etc) but the vast majority are just trying to get by.

There is no way that these neutral clubs can think that everything is ideal in terms of the running of the SPFL so, when a proper external, independent inquiry is offered, free of charge, why on earth would you say no?

What is there to lose?

Not to put a wee damper on this, but I’m sure an individual (our club) would raise some bias if they were to foot the bill for something deemed “independent”    - 

they would not be involved any any setting of the scope or parameters of any such investigation and have to be confident that the SPFL board would do this in conjunction with member clubs. 

it’s a tricky one tbh. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not to put a wee damper on this, but I’m sure an individual (our club) would raise some bias if they were to foot the bill for something deemed “independent”    - 

they would not be involved any any setting of the scope or parameters of any such investigation and have to be confident that the SPFL board would do this in conjunction with member clubs. 

it’s a tricky one tbh. 

Wouldn’t need to check but I think he said the parameters would be based on the contents of the dossier 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

it’s a tricky one tbh. 

No one would bat an eyelid if Lawell would have tried the same thing , even knowing he would be spinning it his way...........

1 minute ago, Alwaysblue said:

Wouldn’t need to check but I think he said the parameters would be based on the contents of the dossier 

Yes he did but if we set the parameters and pay for it then it becomes our investigation not an independent one surely?

i just raised it because it needs to be handled carefully. 

let’s play devils advocate for a minute 

Is the offer of paying for something a carrot to sway a vote?

and can you draw parallels to offering reconstruction to sway a vote.  

Im just throwing something into the mix and hopefully it’s done with proper due diligence that’s all.  

59 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes he did but if we set the parameters and pay for it then it becomes our investigation not an independent one surely?

i just raised it because it needs to be handled carefully. 

let’s play devils advocate for a minute 

Is the offer of paying for something a carrot to sway a vote?

and can you draw parallels to offering reconstruction to sway a vote.  

Im just throwing something into the mix and hopefully it’s done with proper due diligence that’s all.  

The points you raise are more than valid. Couldn’t agree more that we need to be cautious. So far the board have been ahead of the game. I’m certain they still are

6 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

His offer to fund a fully independent inquiry into the SPFL must be making a few sphincters to quiver at Hampden.

One of the sticking points being thrown up by those against an enquiry is the cost to clubs in the present financial situation. There you go fixed.

Now lets see who is serious.

NEED TO GET THE OFFICIAL CLUB LINK UP MATE:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/interim-chairman-douglas-park-qa

27 minutes ago, Smile said:

Was utter quality we have needed a guy like him for a while.

It was perfection. If this was done over the phone rather than email I'll be fuckin amazed

35 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

Well worth taking the time to read it !

Solidifies our position even more with a Q&A in front journalists not puppets.

Brilliant that he referred to MacLennan's self Q & A as well !

Archived