Club decide print is dead

esquire8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, left winger said:

So, no press conference etc with  journalists? Believe that when I see it. 

Likewise.

I know this is what we all want (and what should happen) but I'd like to hear more details about this to have it confirmed before I get too excited.

For example, the, erm, battle with the SPFL, that stuff should be made national news not exclusive to guys on twitter or folk with a podcast you need to pay for.

How many people on here’s parents know of these bloggers or podcasters. Unfortunately they still watch the news or read newspapers.

I really have no idea what this means, because as a few have said I am sure the PC's before games is a requirement to play in the league and cups.

While the TV/Press journalists are wankers, we should not be depending on people like that 4 lads guy who seems to be so far up our boards arse it is ridiculous.

A wee it of scrutiny is always healthy and needed IMO.  

Its not just going to be podcasters and bloggers that get the info first it will also be journos that do their job professionally or without bias, for example yesterday Bruce Archer at the Express was given the Hagi story along with Jordan Campbell from the Athletic, i would assume that people like Chris Jack from the Evening Times will also get exclusives, this is long overdue.

On the one hand, I don't like this approach outside of transfers and new initiatives etc. On the other, the very problem with Scottish football journalism is that it has descended into something akin to fan media with a few exceptions. 

I'd recommend folk sign up for The Athletic as Jordan Campbell is doing great work covering Rangers.

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Burning bridges all over, becoming a bit of a pariah mentality now. Sadly, I don't think we had any other option in this toxic environment.

We don’t and we should learn not to give a fuck what our enemies say .They will just say all their crap anyway 

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I would hope that the biggest and best independent Rangers fan forum would be considered for any scoops that need to be revealed....

Yep let’s all hope follow follow get the recognition they deserve 

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

Can't say I'm displeased with this. Perhaps wouldn't go amiss to give press credentials to the more notable fan enterprises as well to put them on equal footing, if only as a statement of intent to the papers.

The Record should absolutely be given the BBC Scotland treatment though. They've completely lost sight of themselves. There's always been jokes about them being the Daily Rebel or the Daily Ranger but there are no jokes required now - they're basically celtic's official newspaper these days.

I couldn't agree more about the record. In the past few weeks that have reaffirmed exactly which club they back.

It would be good to watch that paper go out of existence. But they'll have a horde of taig fans reading anything anti Rangers to keep them going. 

Not a fan of this, for reasons @STEPPS BOY, @eskbankloyal and various others have outlined in the thread

Half the time these cunts can't spell, grammar is terrible, their website / fonts / everything is horrendous to look at etc. This might be small issues to some but all we've heard from the Club recently is about commercial initiatives to grow the club and various attempts to do things professionally and efficiently - this approach contradicts that. 

If they want to go to fan-friendly journalists, they should chuck stuff the way of Jordan Campbell at The Athletic and Bruce Archer at the Express(?).  Both cover fairly and at the same time ensure sufficient challenge and healthy debate is encouraged. 

Archived