Welcome to Rangers Jon McLaughlin

Marky.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

He a really good keeper. We also need Scottish players for the Euro squad as it restricted our squad last season + with Halliday leaving. 

Makes sense all round 

Agreed. I’m happy with this one, very much in the Neil Alexander mould like I said above. I would have been happy with Hladky too, but you make a great point about Euro squads. Right decision made.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

McCrorie off out on loan again then. Disappointed slightly but hopefully he takes over next summer as #1.

McCrorie is far too young to be our no.1 keeper next year. 

McLaughlin is 32, so he’s in his prime and will be looking to get Greegs jersey if he retires next summer, summer 2022

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

McCrorie off out on loan again then. Disappointed slightly but hopefully he takes over next summer as #1.

Based on what? I've only seen him play live 3 or 4 times, but in 3 of the games he made errors for goals.

He seems to be rated highly, but I honestly think he's pish. I'd rather sign a top goalkeeper when McGregor retires (unless McCrorie has improved in that time)

3 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

What age is he? Good enough to take over when McGregor retires? 

He’s 32. A quote from Ross Wilson 

“He will provide strong competition to the outstanding Allan McGregor and we know that Jon’s character, personality and professionalism will be important for the group for at least the next two years.”

Honestly never seen him play but by all accounts some on here have and have been impressed.

Great that we seem to be doing business without much being leaked in the press.

Welcome to the club.

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He was a decent keeper at hearts and working in the NE of England, I know Sunderland fans rate him highly. 

He’s pretty tall from what I remember. About as good a backup for shagger as we’ll get on a free, good business

My mates a Sunderland fan he said he was class first season but hit and miss second season.

Remember him at Hearts he seemed decent enough.

Decent goalie. It's a bit like Matt hills/Neil Alexander for me.

Not an exciting bit of business but I reckon if called upon he'd be reliable

Bound to be McGregor's last season here so hopefully Mccrorie gets a good loan and does well. Another year at Livingston will set him up imo 

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Assume this means Hladky won't be signing which is a shame

I also assume this means Robby McCrorie won't be promoted to number 2 and will likely be loaned out again ?

1) McGregor
2) McLaughlin
3  / team mascot) Firth

1) Mcgregor

2).Mclaughlin

3).Ross Mccrorie

4). Andy Firth

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Bound to be McGregor's last season here so hopefully Mccrorie gets a good loan and does well. Another year at Livingston will set him up imo 

Who the hell is Matt Hills? 

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

My mates a Sunderland fan he said he was class first season but hit and miss second season.

Remember him at Hearts he seemed decent enough.

Sunderland have been a bit of a shambles for most of this season, I think their entire team has struggled

Just now, British_Empire said:

Who the hell is Matt Hills? 

3 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Gilks

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He needs more game time . Only got 8 games at Livingston. I wonder if we'll look to loan him out to another premier league side. 

McLaughlin should be a good backup to McGregor, while mccrorie gets more experience. 

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Assume this means Hladky won't be signing which is a shame

I also assume this means Robby McCrorie won't be promoted to number 2 and will likely be loaned out again ?

1) McGregor
2) McLaughlin
3  / team mascot) Firth

I'd have McCrorie as our number 3.

That would make Firth the Forth.

Archived