Welcome to Rangers Jon McLaughlin

Marky.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a back up keeper who will likely play a maximum of 5 games a season he's not a bad signing at all.

As a keeper to challenge McGregor for a starting position he'd be one of the most underwhelming signings in our history for me. Certainly not including the seasons we weren't in the top league.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

I also remember him being a good keeper at Hearts.

Was probably linked/suggested as an Old Firm club's #1 goalie at some point. 

Happy with this as a back up keeper, also a good point about needing Scottish players for Europe. Now that we've got the back up LB and back up GK sorted out, let's move on to RW, CM and ST. We only need 3 more signings and they all need to be quality now. 

I don’t think he counts towards our quota in Europa league as he wasn’t trained in Scotland.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He needs more game time . Only got 8 games at Livingston. I wonder if we'll look to loan him out to another premier league side. 

McLaughlin should be a good backup to McGregor, while mccrorie gets more experience. 

Im sure I seen somwhere he is going back to livi

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

McCrorie off out on loan again then. Disappointed slightly but hopefully he takes over next summer as #1.

Exactly, wasn't going to be number 1 this season and rightly so, a loan to a top division team and let him get a full season under his belt. 

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

I assume you don’t watch much football then.  You haven’t heard of him ???  Ex Hearts and regular in Scotland squads  played against us a few times and had a good game each time. I am amazed at the lack of football knowledge  amongst some of our support 

Shut up ya gimp :lol: you his dad? 

32 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's played at a higher level than the st.mirren lad welcome Jon 

I love how we are doing business not a word from anyone about this.

St Mirren boy wouldn't have came to sit on the bench just a back up and will do a job will also be 1 more Scottish nationality in our European squad. 

I like how we're doing our business so far.  Only heard his name mentioned yesterday in connection to us.  Everything was about him going to an English club and then we just stepped in and signed him... no fuss all business!

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Listen, that Scotland team - if they were playing in my garden I'd lock the back door and go sit in the living room until they were done ffs. They could all walk past me in the street and I probably wouldn't recognise them with the exception of Brown, Griffiths and the likes of that mob. 

So I bow down to you Mr Championship Manager, utter handjob of a guy

I also don’t watch scotland but by reading publications watch the news etc I see the Scotland squad  as would most fans 

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I assume you don’t watch much football then.  You haven’t heard of him ???  Ex Hearts and regular in Scotland squads  played against us a few times and had a good game each time. I am amazed at the lack of football knowledge  amongst some of our support 

Get him told mate. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

As a back up keeper who will likely play a maximum of 5 games a season he's not a bad signing at all.

As a keeper to challenge McGregor for a starting position he'd be one of the most underwhelming signings in our history for me. Certainly not including the seasons we weren't in the top league.

Absolute rubbish. Even in the top leagues we have signed some absolute pish and he may not be a world beater but hes hardly underwhelming. Good keeper.

More I think about it (after doing more homework on the guy) the happier I am.

I dunno if he's the calibre of Foderingham as back-up, but it's unfair to expect Wes to play that role forever when he's still at a good age etc.

I know people are underwhelmed by the signing, but signing back-up goalies usually are pretty meh signings that go under the radar at the best of times. 

I get that Hagi aside fans are expecting more but the windows not really opened yet and we've made some of the more unpopular/less spectacular signings right away with the back-up left back, back-up goalkeeper and a couple of lads for the Colt's side. 

Which is good as it means we should now be looking to really push on with the good signings that will enhance the XI now. Looking forward to this summers business tbh.

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Absolute rubbish. Even in the top leagues we have signed some absolute pish and he may not be a world beater but hes hardly underwhelming. Good keeper.

What I meant regarding the underwhelming comment, which I think I made clear, related to if he was signed as a potential number 1.  If the scum signed him as their new number 1 I'd be absolutely buzzing. 

My preference would have been someone to come in who is already, or is potentially, a level above what McGregor is now to really push him for that spot. McLaughlin's not that, but as a back up keeper he's a good enough signing and I've no problem with it.

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Listen, that Scotland team - if they were playing in my garden I'd lock the back door and go sit in the living room until they were done ffs. They could all walk past me in the street and I probably wouldn't recognise them with the exception of Brown, Griffiths and the likes of that mob. 

So I bow down to you Mr Championship Manager, utter handjob of a guy

I know you really, really don't like him but surely you'd recognise Ryan Jack?

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard done a presser today. Interesting to hear what he has to say fully later on.

Gerrard seems to think he’ll be competing with McGregor for the No 1 in that presser. With the age of McGregor, is there any possibility he’ll force his way into the team or is it all talk and he’s only backup?

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

I know you really, really don't like him but surely you'd recognise Ryan Jack?

I don't really, really unlike him - just think he's really, really, over-rated but is he an established Scotland player? he seems to drift in and out the squads - but as I say, I don't notice who's in them most of the time

and of course I'd recognise him ffs

Archived