Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Screenshots taken from FF. These are disgusting. Both Catriona Stewart's headline and the DR article very clearly imply we abused Morelos. Opportunist, deceitful scumbags using racism as a stick, every bit worthy of criticism. Stewart's article especially is appalling. Know's exactly what she's doing.

Useful idiots in our support outdoing themselves. Said scumbags loving it.

1452904270_Screenshot_20200721-104204_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5b48c6950329f18feb744da3155e1e27.jpg854264989_Screenshot_20200721-104208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ba554c3737dab94b2581fff59e705e8.jpg

Highlights everything that was wrong with the statements, the club have to be smarter in talking to the public.

It's practically branded us as racists, and people looking in see a support as a whole - because the general public are stupid and like to jump to conclusions.

Wonderful

I saw a post about people need to be smarter on social media, well the problem is you'll always get stupid people using these platforms, and they'll always be stupid people - so I don't know how this can be accomplished.

14 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The thing is if you you don't need to be in favour of it but if you actively oppose it would seem to me that there is either overt or underlying racism behind those actions.  That's how it looks to me anyway.

So you are advocating that freedom of opinion  regarding certain gestures has to be stifled  even if no-one is being racist?   That is quite a sad situation.

18 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The thing is if you you don't need to be in favour of it but if you actively oppose it would seem to me that there is either overt or underlying racism behind those actions.  That's how it looks to me anyway.

What utter drivel. 

You can absolutely be anti racism and also oppose the divisive BLM. The two are not mutually exclusive.

If anything BLM fosters racism.

The Stewart article has proper angered me more than any I can remember recently. I don't know how the club achieve it, because it would probably just bring more negative feedback, but any journo or paper pushing this angle needs to be highlighted as being strategically deceitful about such an important topic.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That BBC link highlights the abuse  (no idea if any of it was racist) given to Goldson  from alleged Rangers fan(s) but plays down the racial abuse aimed at Morelos by a tim fan and terrorist supporter.    Any neutral observer will think that our players were racially abused by our own fans.

There is a whole separate article dedicated to the Morelos abuse. 

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Screenshots taken from FF. These are disgusting. Both Catriona Stewart's headline and the DR article very clearly imply we abused Morelos. Opportunist, deceitful scumbags using racism as a stick, every bit worthy of criticism. Stewart's article especially is appalling. Know's exactly what she's doing.

Useful idiots in our support outdoing themselves. Said scumbags loving it.

1452904270_Screenshot_20200721-104204_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5b48c6950329f18feb744da3155e1e27.jpg854264989_Screenshot_20200721-104208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ba554c3737dab94b2581fff59e705e8.jpg

That is nothing short of scandalous.  The headlines immediately shout out that Rangers fans are racists.  I won't hold my breath on our MD  doing anything about it. 

Feel like everyone is getting hung up on the political side of BLM, the players probably couldn't give 2 fucks about it and just want to show solidarity and respect towards a fellow black man that was killed unlawfully no matter your thoughts on the man killed. 

The players taking a knee should not be this big of a topic in reality its absolutely immaterial what they decide to do or support in the outside world. 

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

So you are advocating that freedom of opinion  regarding certain gestures has to be stifled  even if no-one is being racist?   That is quite a sad situation.

Some people are not aware they are being  racist when formulating their opinion on this.   Understandable but true nonetheless. 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That is nothing short of scandalous.  The headlines immediately shout out that Rangers fans are racists.  I won't hold my breath on our MD  doing anything about it. 

It's two separate articles in the ET as well. Matthew Lindsay and Catriona Stewart.

I can accept criticisms of the knee reaction, but this is pure, cynical opportunism from them. 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Got to honest no sure if it  would so clever to let Robertson open his trap again, when your in a hole already best to stop digging.

Get Graham into it , his job anyway

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He can't say shit about it. That was his statement that caused it.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What utter drivel. 

You can absolutely be anti racism and also oppose the divisive BLM. The two are not mutually exclusive.

As an analogy, you can be against a charity which saves the lives of children if you feel the money given is not going to where you think it should go - it doesn't mean you're a cunt that hope's that children will die.

There are lots of reasons to not support very good causes, you can believe in a message and not the way in which it has been executed.

Some people will be racist who are against the BLM campaign, however the majority wont be, and I'd say the people who are jumping to conclusions too quickly and branding people "bordernline racists" or "racist" because they do not believe in the movement are perhaps trying a bit too hard - and have to be watched themselves. Over-compensating for some reason?

I feel absolutely no guilt in not supporting the movement, because I'm safe in the knowledge knowing I am not a racist. I believe movements such as these - as we are seeing - create more racism.

This is exactly why I cannot support it.

18 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The deaths being highlighted are as a direct or indirect result of racist behaviour.   Black people killing black people, if that's what you're referring to, are not racist killings.  That argument is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. 

So change the name of the organisation to "only some black lives matter all them other bois can fuck themselves"

Oh and btw if its because they are racist killings, why did BLM and their media stooges ignore an actual racially motivated murder of a black person around the same time as George Floyd.

In fact change the name of the organisation to "the only black lives that matter are the ones that are killed by white police in a swing state".

The exploitation here is blatant and anyone who disagrees is consciously or unconsciously racist imo. The fact that you think when I say "all black deaths" you assume I mean black on black exclusively tells its own story about who and what you are.

4 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Feel like everyone is getting hung up on the political side of BLM, the players probably couldn't give 2 fucks about it and just want to show solidarity and respect towards a fellow black man that was killed unlawfully no matter your thoughts on the man killed. 

The players taking a knee should not be this big of a topic in reality its absolutely immaterial what they decide to do or support in the outside world. 

Tbf, it probably wasn't beyond a few roasters and a few fake account mhanks. Sadly will feel anything but that now.

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What like Aston Villa did when their fan abused Zaha? https://www.goal.com/en/news/crystal-palace-aston-villa-condemn-disgusting-racist/9jhwnphs18vn1ok3drrs1k7a1 

Or Chelsea did with Abraham after one of their fans targeted him with abuse last year? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49359371 

Or Liverpool did with their own fans over Origi? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50159587 

Or Arsenal did after Son was abused? https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12029201/arsenal-condemn-fan-for-racist-slur-against-heung-min-son-made-on-aftv 

Or West Ham? https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/13/west-ham-disgusted-after-fans-are-filmed-chanting-antisemitic-abuse

Or just type in any club with the words 'condemn racist/racism' and you'll see we are not alone in taking this innovative and groundbreaking approach to tackling racism/supporting your players. In fact one club across the city is guilty by their omission, should we not be proud that our club is taking the appropriate public stance and action on this rather than lauding their 'great PR' and their ability to sweep racism under the rug. 

That is possibly the worst comparison of post I’ve ever seen :lol: 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Tbf, it probably wasn't beyond a few roasters and a few fake account mhanks. Sadly will feel anything but that now.

No doubt a few taigs have hijacked it but we are kidding ourselves on if we don't think an element of our support gave Goldson and the players abuse for taking the knee, it's mostly been on social media that I have seen it and of course that does bring out all the idiots of the day but it must be extremely disheartening if you are one of our black players and you see all sorts of bullshit all because of that. 

Robertson's statement seems to have had the opposite effect to what was desired, I think they have to mention both as if they didn't then the fans would have been shouting from the rooftops about the abuse Morelos recieved and if we only talked about Morelos being abused then the media would have hit us with the pish over BLM, masters at shooting ourselves in the foot. 

9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Some people are not aware they are being  racist when formulating their opinion on this.   Understandable but true nonetheless. 

It's great that people like you are around to tell us how we think.

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So change the name of the organisation to "only some black lives matter all them other bois can fuck themselves"

Oh and btw if its because they are racist killings, why did BLM and their media stooges ignore an actual racially motivated murder of a black person around the same time as George Floyd.

In fact change the name of the organisation to "the only black lives that matter are the ones that are killed by white police in a swing state".

The exploitation here is blatant and anyone who disagrees is consciously or unconsciously racist imo. The fact that you think when I say "all black deaths" you assume I mean black on black exclusively tells its own story about who and what you are.

You've mentioned this one before without giving a name. Which racially motivated murder around the same time as Floyd are you on about?

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What utter drivel. 

It only fosters racism in racists. 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So change the name of the organisation to only some black lives matter all them other bois can fuck themselves.

You really don't get it.  BLM is a message to white people that they've got to stop the racist shit that happens to BAME people at the hands of white people. Nothing else.  That's what the players are saying as well.  How can all lives matter if black lives don't matter? Evidence would suggest that they don't in many peoples eyes, hence the prominence of the word black in the name, which you seem to have an issue with. 

Just now, The Dude said:

You've mentioned this one before without giving a name. Which racially motivated murder around the same time as Floyd are you on about?

And I've told you since you're all so concerned with the plight of black men and woman in the cities and states of the United States you should already know.

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

It only fosters racism in racists. 

You really don't get it.  BLM is a message to white people that they've got to stop the racist shit that happens to BAME people at the hands of white people. Nothing else.  That's what the players are saying as well.  How can all lives matter if black lives don't matter? Evidence would suggest that they don't in many peoples eyes, hence the prominence of the word black in the name, which you seem to have an issue with. 

Aw no I get it. Only some black lives matter. Its pretty fucken clear.

If 90% of black lives don't matter then none of them matter.

Archived