Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I must have done.

We're discussing Morelos on a Morelos thread after an abysmal Morelos performance with minimal effort the crux of the issue.  And points are being made about last season, others taking blame, chances created and general deflection from tonight.

Last night was the same  19-20 season.   How many decent chances were created for Morelos last night?     The whole team performed badly , not just Morelos.    Any striker needs to have chances created by the rest of the team and we hardly created any at all.  A top striker such as Lewandowski would have struggled to impress with what we created last night and all the games since January.

23 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

He has looked disinterested and wildly out of shape. 4 or 5 months of beers and burgers is acceptable for me to show back up at work carrying a bit extra timber, main striker for our club is really unacceptable.

If he had been unfit and wildly out of shape then he wouldn't have been selected to play last night and it would  have required  him to have consumed  an awful lot  of beers and burgers since last Saturday when he played well at Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Last night was the same  19-20 season.   How many decent chances were created for Morelos last night?     The whole team performed badly , not just Morelos.    Any striker needs to have chances created by the rest of the team and we hardly created any at all.  A top striker such as Lewandowski would have struggled to impress with what we created last night and all the games since January.

Let’s be honest, Morelos has been mince since December. Not just mince but his attitude has been poor as well. He’s had plenty of chances created for him since December. 

Let’s hope we stick to our guns here and get the 20m. I’ll go all out here and say if Roofe or Itten starts on Sunday we will see a completely different Rangers team from the last 6/7/8 months. Exciting times 

29 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He had one opportunity that his touch failed him. Ive hardly seen criticism of him for that, certainly not from me.  His control and possession of balls into him all game was abysmal. Yet again he laid one off into the midfield area to the opposition that could have been hugely costly. But know what, that's about stuff that sometimes just fails you.

What doesn't just fail you is attitude, effort, application, desire, graft. Sorely lacking and thats entirely unacceptable.  He failed to sprint most times he should have, he failed to chase, harry, close down the whole night. Our game was better when he was no longer a part of it. 

And whilst others were indeed shite, this is a thread about Morelos.

19 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If he had been unfit and wildly out of shape then he wouldn't have been selected to play last night and it would  have require  him to have consumed  an awful lot  of beers and burgers since last Saturday when he played well at Aberdeen.

I didn't see him play well against Aberdeen.  He made an assist but beyond that he was so deep in the park he was behind the centre mids. If you are talking about a main striker in terms if how many extra chins he's gained then its a worry. As for being selected to play, an out of shape striker starts ahead of a fit player shoehorned into that role every time. If the ball falls well to him he is most likely to score but as far as I can see he's heavy!

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Let’s be honest, Morelos has been mince since December. Not just mince but his attitude has been poor as well. He’s had plenty of chances created for him since December. 

Let’s hope we stick to our guns here and get the 20m. I’ll go all out here and say if Roofe or Itten starts on Sunday we will see a completely different Rangers team from the last 6/7/8 months. Exciting times 

You say he's been mince since December but then expect some club to come along and pay 20million ? 

After splashing cash on Roofe and Itten any club with any sense will hang on and drag out negotiations and try lower the price thinking we will need the money the longer the transfer window lasts.

10 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

You say he's been mince since December but then expect some club to come along and pay 20million ? 

After splashing cash on Roofe and Itten any club with any sense will hang on and drag out negotiations and try lower the price thinking we will need the money the longer the transfer window lasts.

He’s a 20+ million player when his heed is in it, he’s showed that time and time again. Clubs already know this. 

6 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

He’s a 20+ million player when his heed is in it, he’s showed that time and time again. Clubs already know this. 

I'd agree he's worth 20 million but Lille need to get their finger out and close the deal otherwise we move on and try an get him to knuckle down and start scoring for Rangers again. 

3 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

I'd agree he's worth 20 million but Lille need to get their finger out and close the deal otherwise we move on and try an get him to knuckle down and start scoring for Rangers again. 

He will be offski mate both clubs are just playing the game imo. 

59 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

I didn't see him play well against Aberdeen.  He made an assist but beyond that he was so deep in the park he was behind the centre mids. If you are talking about a main striker in terms if how many extra chins he's gained then its a worry. As for being selected to play, an out of shape striker starts ahead of a fit player shoehorned into that role every time. If the ball falls well to him he is most likely to score but as far as I can see he's heavy!

Did Gerrard not ask him to play a bit deeper last Saturday?   If you think Morelos is unfit and out of shape and was chosen to play then we have the wrong management and fitness people.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Did Gerrard not ask him to play a bit deeper last Saturday?   If you think Morelos is unfit and out of shape and was chosen to play then we have the wrong management and fitness people.

Or a lack of a better option at the time. Perhaps somewhat supported by buying two striking options before any deal for morelos has been reached.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If Roofe or Itten played up front last night do they get the same stick? 

If they jogged about doing mostly fuck all, not going in hard, not trying to pick up the ball from midfield when he wasn’t handed it on a plate - probably.

2 hours ago, dougal72 said:

:lol: Fair enough. Surely you can see the benefit of holding out for a better price. 

Of course but morale is key and he is negatively affecting it. Hes playing for Rangers fs, nobody likes that cunt that always moans about work 😂 take the highest offer on the table now and look forward with bedding the 2 who want to be here into the team

27 minutes ago, Swally said:

If they jogged about doing mostly fuck all, not going in hard, not trying to pick up the ball from midfield when he wasn’t handed it on a plate - probably.

Just like the majority of the side last night then, glad we cleared that up. 

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Agreed re last night.

However he's looked overweight, slow and sluggish since the start of preseason. He's a shadow of the player of a year ago. That's not even taking into account his compete dive in form post Christmas last season.

Whether that's down to mental or physical issues I don't know but maybe he needs to move on in everyone's interest now.

Archived