Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stop making excuses for a car crash performance from a guy who put no effort into a performance tonight.

Not seen anyone blame him for anything other than his own performance. 

You obviously miss my point(s).

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Midfielders in that mould of that level of quality would cost far too much for us, unless we find an uncovered gem of a player in Scandinavia or the balkans for example.

They don't need to be World-beaters, just provide the drive, encouragement and have a bit of ability  and be able to push the players on the field.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Midfielders in that mould of that level of quality would cost far too much for us, unless we find an uncovered gem of a player in Scandinavia or the balkans for example.

That's why we need to use the Morelos money for a couple of them. 

These guys, who can take games by the neck, dominate a midfield and chip in with goals/assists don't come cheap.

But we need to find the money for one or two of them - or you can forget it.

Literally. No hyperbole.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

didn't mean another Gerrard per se, meant someone captain material and preferably a midfielder.

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

You obviously miss my point(s).

I must have done.

We're discussing Morelos on a Morelos thread after an abysmal Morelos performance with minimal effort the crux of the issue.  And points are being made about last season, others taking blame, chances created and general deflection from tonight.

Too many here talking of 'morelos money'. If we aren't careful the spotlight in which his recent play has put him in may leave us with a poor return in comparison to what could have been.

He has looked disinterested and wildly out of shape. 4 or 5 months of beers and burgers is acceptable for me to show back up at work carrying a bit extra timber, main striker for our club is really unacceptable.

The towels in , he’s overweight and not interested, what it does show though as it did the second half of the season , when he’s not at it and working the back 4/3 himself we’ve got absolutely nothing , we looked decent when the buffs on top form ,fuck all when he’s not , roofe and the Swiss boy need to be good and can create opportunities for themselves coz they’ll get fuck all service 

When I saw the pic of him & Lafferty yesterday I couldn't believe how slimmer he looked. He isn't fat but he is definitely bigger. If it is weight training then he needs to stop because he is definitely slower and runs like he is out of shape.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When I saw the pic of him & Lafferty yesterday I couldn't believe how slimmer he looked. He isn't fat but he is definitely bigger. If it is weight training then he needs to stop because he is definitely slower and runs like he is out of shape.

Hagi could play after all mate 👍🏻😂

Agree he didn’t get much chances but his lay offs were so poor like he was playing for the other team and sending them off on a breakaway. Even the one chance he did get (BB cross) his control was poor and it was defended easily. Even if he is staying he needs some bench time and intensive fitness training.

5 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Correct. Now we've brought in some quality upfront to address where the goals might come from - we really need to look at having a talented, driving midfielder and that right-back position isn't great either. Captain he isn't. It's OK saying Rangers should have 11 captains and a piece of elastic armband shouldn't matter - but you we need that winner in the side, who can inspire and drive them on as captain. He's none of them things. Heart of a mouse.

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Given who our manager is I'm shocked that this has never been addressed.

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

They don't need to be World-beaters, just provide the drive, encouragement and have a bit of ability  and be able to push the players on the field.

@British_Empire agree. Baffling.

I know he's not a great person and they have now been relegated but Deeney at Watford is more a modern day old school captain if that makes sense:confused:

4 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Too many here talking of 'morelos money'. If we aren't careful the spotlight in which his recent play has put him in may leave us with a poor return in comparison to what could have been.

He has looked disinterested and wildly out of shape. 4 or 5 months of beers and burgers is acceptable for me to show back up at work carrying a bit extra timber, main striker for our club is really unacceptable.

Wildly out of shape ?

He would have been given fitness tests on returning to pre season and he would done as much running as the rest of the team, he is in good  physical condition otherwise he would not have been playing. 

He was always going to put on a little extra weight during lock down as that's just his body type, his weight is constantly monitored at the club. 

49 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Wildly out of shape ?

He would have been given fitness tests on returning to pre season and he would done as much running as the rest of the team, he is in good  physical condition otherwise he would not have been playing. 

He was always going to put on a little extra weight during lock down as that's just his body type, his weight is constantly monitored at the club. 

Shortly after Morelos fucked up his touch when Barisic crossed the ball in for him there was a lovely through ball played on the right by Ryan Kent. The ball was perfectly weighted (unlike Alfie) and Morelos looked favourite to take a touch and be in on goal. However the defender got there first. Their centre half was class by the way but neither the centre half or Morelos was running particularly fast for the ball. To me either Morelos didn't try particularly hard to get in on goal in front of the defender or he's wildly out of shape. Both scenarios are worrying. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Shortly after Morelos fucked up his touch when Barisic crossed the ball in for him there was a lovely through ball played on the right by Ryan Kent. The ball was perfectly weighted (unlike Alfie) and Morelos looked favourite to take a touch and be in on goal. However the defender got there first. Their centre half was class by the way but neither the centre half or Morelos was running particularly fast for the ball. To me either Morelos didn't try particularly hard to get in on goal in front of the defender or he's wildly out of shape. Both scenarios are worrying. 

He knows he's leaving , his heads not in the game , the quicker the transfer happens the better for the club.

But we are in danger of creating a negative view around his fitness levels and that isn't good when trying to negotiate a higher fee. 

He doesn't pick himself for the team, it's not his decision, really it's a sad indictment of how poorly Gerrard attacking signings have been (up until this week) . 

Drop him until he's sold, he's overweight and not interested anymore so no point in having him in the team. Every player regardless of skill should be giving 100% effort, that's a fucking minimum requirement and if he can't be arsed for a European game then give his place to a player who still wants to play for the club.

We need Roofe and Itten to hit the ground running. Get as big a fee as we can for him. If that means we accept a couple of million less then so be it. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to be here and when he plays will just continue to reduce his value with woeful performances. 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't know whats worse. The Morelos performance or folk trying to justify it.

I love the guy but a blind man could see he wasn't interested last night, best for all that he goes now.

44 minutes ago, coisty78 said:

Drop him until he's sold, he's overweight and not interested anymore so no point in having him in the team. Every player regardless of skill should be giving 100% effort, that's a fucking minimum requirement and if he can't be arsed for a European game then give his place to a player who still wants to play for the club.

Didn't play well last night but was best man in the team against Aberdeen - that says a lot for the rest  

1 hour ago, coisty78 said:

15 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Didn't play well last night but was best man in the team against Aberdeen - that says a lot for the rest  

He didn't bother his arse last night, that's a huge difference to not playing well.

Archived