We still need another two IMO

GOAT

I'm being greedy here but  with Morelos going, I would say we need a 3rd striker, a CB and a Bastard of a midfielder to really be confident.

I don't trust Edmonson to be of the required level to come into the team, Helander's injury prone and Katic is fucked. I'd rather we got another CB just to be sure.

We have Roofe and the swiss lad, i'd rather we had a backup striker with Defoe fucked I'm not too confident starting the season with 2 forwards not used to the SPFL 

The biggest problem for me is we don't have a no-nonsense game controlling midfielder who has a bit of dig , we have skill and imagination in there, but I feel we're lacking for some matches.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Morelos is surely off so going with Kent, Hagi, Defoe, Roofe & Ltten as our forward 5 over the course of the season doesn't seem too bad on paper but a few injuries/suspensions and you're turning to players like Stewart again to pick up the slack 

Would like to see a winger, somebody who can play on both sides preferably in as cover but think Centre Mid is the only focus now 

Cant complain about the window overall if thats how it turns out

Don't forget Barker

Centre mid that goes box to box is a priority. If we’re being greedy, maybe another attacking right sided player. 

Essentially got the 5 of Hagi, Kent, Roofe, Itten and Morelos into 3 positions. Would be great to have 2 alternatives for each. Even if it’s a Liverpool loan again or (god forbid) Windass on a free. 

Central midfield is still where we’re weak. 

Aribo is a stick on. Jack and Kamara OK, but not great. Not sure Davis and Arfield offer much now. 

9 minutes ago, Swally said:

I'm being greedy here but  with Morelos going, I would say we need a 3rd striker, a CB and a Bastard of a midfielder to really be confident.

I don't trust Edmonson to be of the required level to come into the team, Helander's injury prone and Katic is fucked. I'd rather we got another CB just to be sure.

We have Roofe and the swiss lad, i'd rather we had a backup striker with Defoe fucked I'm not too confident starting the season with 2 forwards not used to the SPFL 

The biggest problem for me is we don't have a no-nonsense game controlling midfielder who has a bit of dig , we have skill and imagination in there, but I feel we're lacking for some matches.

A sixth centre back and a fourth striker when we play one up front? :lol:

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How many of those CBs are reliably fit and can actually produce the level required to win the league?

Who's to say we'll be playing 1 up front all the time? With new strikers might come flexibility, especially when trying to break down the parked buses in Scotland.

A top quality midfielder is the make or break of our season ahead in my opinion. 

Maybe if someone bid a decent sum for Kamara and we got reasonable fees for the likes of Docherty and Jones we could manage two quality midfielders. Would really be the difference.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Those days are over, mate.

For Salah, Mane and Firmino read Itten, Roofe and Kent with Hagi, Aribo and a Sounessesque bastard driving the midfield.

49 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Pace from middle to front, we lack a bit of directness when attacking;  it's all a bit one paced 

Yes, the opposition always have plenty time to fill their 2 lines in front of their goal.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Got a feeling we will going for a Scottish national  midfielder. Especially if the fringe players who made up our quota in last seasons Europa League leave. Possibly another reason Zungu was not completed. Can't leave ourselves short.

Who tho? Ferguson Turnbull

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Who tho? Ferguson Turnbull

Not convinced on ferguson and he would be carded constantly playing with us with his style of play. Who knows who else is out there that could improve us and is Scottish John fleck or Armstrong at a push but probably beyond us cash wise and one is a ex mutant player. Tough times to fill the quota. 

I think we'll definitely see a new CM and I imagine a loan or 2 (maybe with options to buy?)

Just hopefully we don't get hold of a Liverpool loanee who is shoehorned into the squad/team when they are obviously shite.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

A quality midfielder, and a right inside forward/winger and not to lose anyone and we’re laughing and I hope we manage to keep Morelos one more season aswell. 

All of the above would be great, but i can see us signing a quality midfielder , and that's it for this window:

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't know but if Stewart, Murphy, Docherty, McCrorie, Mayo, Middleton and Barjonas leave then we are short by 4. You can leave 4 spaces empty instead but why leave ourselves short?

If the midfielder we need is quality I'd keep one or two of the players u mentioned just to fill spaces.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Think you would really struggle to find a wider player of any quality when there are four players of decent quality, five if you consider Aribo an option too, at the club who can play in those positions already tbh.

Would say Kent, Hagi & Aribo at a push, who else you thinking of? 

We need to get rid of signings like Stewart, Barker, Hastie, Jones, Murphy...just 5 players that aye are probably on shit wages but added together could easily mean a high profile loan player from the premier league who could give us some added quality 

I would rather see youth players in if push came to shove and we had injury problems over somebody like Murphy, they've had countless chances now and shown nothing 

Archived