Official Rangers vs St Mirren Match Thread

Perhaps i'm being a bit over critical however, I hated that we ended that game at walking pace. I get that they'd just had a really hard game in mid-week...but we'd just got a new striker on and IMO they should have went all out to get him a goal. Not just for the goal difference, but also to get his confidence up straight out the gate. I fucking hate how we take our foot off teams throats when we're winning.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MarzM said:

Perhaps i'm being a bit over critical however, I hated that we ended that game at walking pace. I get that they'd just had a really hard game in mid-week...but we'd just got a new striker on and IMO they should have went all out to get him a goal. Not just for the goal difference, but also to get his confidence up straight out the gate. I fucking hate how we take our foot off teams throats when we're winning.

Was frustrated myself, partly as I really wanted to see Itten in action. But being 3-0 up combined with having made 5 subs it’s not too surprising. 

3 points, another clean sheet and Alfie back in the goals quickly eased my frustration. 

2 hours ago, Sket said:

Fucking far too many. Persisting with a striker who can't score.

2 hours ago, Sket said:

Goal machine

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

Turned hypocrite. That's hilarious :lol:

You slagged him, then called him a goal machine 

bit hypocritical 

I was just pointing it out, @bornabear was upset with you imo

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

You slagged him, then called him a goal machine 

bit hypocritical 

I was just pointing it out, @bornabear was upset with you imo

Goal machine was clearly tongue in cheek ya fucking dipstick. Jesus Christ :lol:

14 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We 100% need an upgrade on Kamara/Davis etc 

Aye an upgrade, but a box to box runner isnt exactly what we need when we are camped in their half, imagine we had someone like mendes or kranjcar (sp) playing Jack or kamara role, someone who can spot the difficult pass and make it

36 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye an upgrade, but a box to box runner isnt exactly what we need when we are camped in their half, imagine we had someone like mendes or kranjcar (sp) playing Jack or kamara role, someone who can spot the difficult pass and make it

Hagi? still think we need more tbh, we need a deep lying playmaker that can pick a pass and get the ball forward quicker a Xabi Alonso type (obviously we’re not getting that level though 😂

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And see this we need a box to box midfielder, what for? 90% of the time we play in the opposing half, what we need is a second option up top to drag defenders everywhere creating space for guys like kent, aribo and hagi to burst into, 

Morelos moves out wide, still leaves one big centre half in the middle, and because we dont play wide mids, kent and hagi can be marked by the fullbacks, so they two coming inside stifles the play, if it gets shunted out wide we throw crosses into defence packed box, 

Instead of jack, aribo or kamara (2 out of they 3) having more options to the side or behind them, they need to have at least 5 options in front of them, then there is no excuse for us fanning about not moving it up the park quicker

Because we take 15 passes to get it to the front three.

Goldson to Tav to Jack to Kamara, back to Jack to Goldson to Kamara to Tav, cross out the park. Seen it a million times. 

A better midfielder see passes through the middle that aren’t just the negative easy option. 

To beat a packed defence we need more direct, creative and clinical play middle to front. 

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Because we take 15 passes to get it to the front three.

Goldson to Tav to Jack to Kamara, back to Jack to Goldson to Kamara to Tav, cross out the park. Seen it a million times. 

A better midfielder see passes through the middle that aren’t just the negative easy option. 

To beat a packed defence we need more direct, creative and clinical play middle to front. 

Totally agree, a better midfielder isnt a box to box, maurice edu was a box to box midfielder, he couldnt unlock a velcro strap nevermind a packed defence, id much rather a player like mendes

32 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hagi? still think we need more tbh, we need a deep lying playmaker that can pick a pass and get the ball forward quicker a Xabi Alonso type (obviously we’re not getting that level though 😂

Hagi could be a good shout tbh, let Jack protect him, let hagi do the creative work, have aribo, kent, and two strikers all making runs in and around the box

Was quite impressed with Kent today thought he looked a lot sharper , he's a really intelligent player , Jack and Kamara need to pass it quicker though. 

Barisic drives the team forward and will be a huge asset this season. 

Archived