Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

4 hours ago, Assegai said:

Think the orange/black one is a fake or concept from this website;

https://johnmontgomerydesign.com/150th-Rangers-football-club-stripes

Sad that a guy fannying about in his spare time makes a better job of them than Castore & our commercial team. 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The blackout collection, that is black and blue, surely blackout is all black?

Said this on Twitter. I would love to see the geniuses behind the Castore marketing team. 
They see other teams doing blackout kits and them selling out so think it's just a buzzword they can stick on something to get it to sell.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No mate @McEwan's Lager did extensive research and discovered that it was indeed the design shown in my picture above that we wore initially in games 

What is the actual story with that kit, just worn once for that photo?

Even if so the 4th kit has to be based on that one. It's never been done before and is an iconic photo even if it wasn't a strip we wore much (or for matches at all).

27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Even if so the 4th kit has to be based on that one. It's never been done before and is an iconic photo even if it wasn't a strip we wore much (or for matches at all).

Think it was borrowed from the rowing club to wear for the picture. Nothing to do with us apart from that.

15 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Think it was borrowed from the rowing club to wear for the picture. Nothing to do with us apart from that.

Agreed, however that picture is synonymous with us and the founding fathers. 

I think they'll go down the route. 

I think it will break all kinds of records for sales as well

On 11/10/2021 at 21:11, PGWoodwind said:

Oof brutal.

I remember when the deal was first announced I was quite excited reading all of Castore's spiel - they're obviously great at PR.

But then none of the strips have looked anything special and the supply issues were shocking

They've been a disaster from the begining in terms of design, supply, communication, transparency, quality and pricing - essentially all the basics. The mugs that deal with them from our side are as much to blame as well.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

it was done before and was actually not a bad top considering who was selling it :sad:

9 hours ago, Madina said:

Personally I'd like the 150 year kit to have the same gold badge and scroll as the current kit but one without all the sponsors 

I’d like them to get the mustard yellow so far to fuck. 

The white with blue star is an absolute open goal for them, or something similar to the ‘retro’ league cup strip last year. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d like them to get the mustard yellow so far to fuck. 

The white with blue star is an absolute open goal for them, or something similar to the ‘retro’ league cup strip last year. 

I quite like the temporary badge used for league tables etc. this year and it's more of a gold like colour.

But as you say the colour on the shirts just looks yellow, not a fan at all. If it was just the badge and castore logo it wouldn't be that bad but the huge bold 32red logo ruins it for me.

Anyone know why we can only get it with the 32red logo on it when in the past there have been sponsorless versions available? I think even other teams now have sponsorless ones on sale. Is it part of the contract?

43 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

Anyone know why we can only get it with the 32red logo on it when in the past there have been sponsorless versions available? I think even other teams now have sponsorless ones on sale. Is it part of the contract?

Castore seem to struggle to get the normal kits sorted properly. So I doubt they'd want to have a sponsorless one to try and get out at the same time.