Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Now shipping 100s of thousands of kits with a scam company on the back where you can get some other dodgy company to patch over it sometime in the future. Great stuff.

Always wise in hindsight.

The back of the shirt displays SportemonGo and the Rangers Store will offer supporters the complimentary option to have new branding applied to this area, when we announce our new 22/23 season back of shirt partner within the coming weeks.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They were also aware of Sportemon Go's financial difficulties a 'few months ago'. If we've only found out when they've gone under and taken no steps to protect outselves against it, it's yet another embarrassment for the board.

It was due to be on the back of the replica kits next season, after joining up with them midway through this season once the main spike of sales had already passed.

2 months ago Castore sent out home kits for next season by mistake with SportemonGo on them. These units will have been manufactured months ago.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Would be nice if they released an unsponsored version of one of the *actual* kits this year and not of a special edition / one-off / retro kit. 

I know this isn't helpful for you but I'm hoping they release a home kit with unibet on it for the final this season. The fact Castore haven't seized an opportunity to sell a European version of the home kit boggles my mind considering they punt anything else.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Would be nice if they released an unsponsored version of one of the *actual* kits this year and not of a special edition / one-off / retro kit. 

Don't go there.

They did it with the 140th anniversary top, so no excuse with not doing it now. Or doing it full stop. Nothing better than an unsponsored top for us traditionalists, zealots......

:sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

2 months ago Castore sent out home kits for next season by mistake with SportemonGo on them. These units will have been manufactured months ago.

That doesn't excuse them sending kits out for sale with a sponsor who is no longer a sponsor on it.

6 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

The back of the shirt displays SportemonGo and the Rangers Store will offer supporters the complimentary option to have new branding applied to this area, when we announce our new 22/23 season back of shirt partner within the coming weeks.

I wait with baited breath for the multi national company ploughing millions in to be back of shirt partner.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I know this isn't helpful for you but I'm hoping they release a home kit with unibet on it for the final this season. The fact Castore haven't seized an opportunity to sell a European version of the home kit boggles my mind considering they punt anything else.

Because they are betting on a Winners version. More likely to sell a wad of them after the final than a few "Finalist" tops before

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't excuse them sending kits out for sale with a sponsor who is no longer a sponsor on it.

If the Club agreed to pay for the waste and a August/September launch for new kits then I'd imagine Castore would have agreed. 

There's not a chance that they were going to foot the bill for Rangers FC's fuck up. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The alternative could have been not releasing any kits until autumn with reduced volumes though. If that's the case then releasing them (which is 100% a riddy) and then patching them later is probably the least bad option. Which was my original point.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I wait with baited breath for the multi national company ploughing millions in to be back of shirt partner.

I don't have a clue why the Parks haven't taken it up given our sponsors generally pay us fuck all for the privilege

2 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Because they are betting on a Winners version. More likely to sell a wad of them after the final than a few "Finalist" tops before

No I mean even earlier in the season - like at group stages. Would have bought a home kit with Unibet and the alternate shirt club style printing on the back and Uefa patches. A lot of clubs offer this.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The alternative could have been not releasing any kits until autumn with reduced volumes though. If that's the case then releasing them (which is 100% a riddy) and then patching them later is probably the least bad option. Which was my original point.

None of this will ever come into the public domain (unless there's another court case) but having worked on a few deals in this sector, I'd be astonished if Castore hadn't given Rangers this option, at a cost to the club (for both the waste of the kits and also a bit of reputational damage to Castore for what will be perceived as them being late with kits). 

Releasing now + offering to patch for free is the lowest risk + cheapest option for all parties.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

No I mean even earlier in the season - like at group stages. Would have bought a home kit with Unibet and the alternate shirt club style printing on the back and Uefa patches. A lot of clubs offer this.

Can you not buy patches to put on the sleeves, like the winners of the League can do? 

Probably imagining that, sad old git that I am!

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

None of this will ever come into the public domain (unless there's another court case) but having worked on a few deals in this sector, I'd be astonished if Castore hadn't given Rangers this option, at a cost to the club (for both the waste of the kits and also a bit of reputational damage to Castore for what will be perceived as them being late with kits). 

Releasing now + offering to patch for free is the lowest risk + cheapest option for all parties.

Yeah - agree 100%. 

Can you imagine if we didn't get a home kit out until September or October and instead of £65 they are sold at £75 and we only have 30,000 units of the home top available to purchase instead of the usual c100,000 :lol: