Brandon Barker

bashmc1

44 minutes ago, murzo said:

For a 3m price or whatever it was I’d expect a lot more against Hamilton.

Produced the same as he did against Hamilton last season before we spent the 3 million , he struggled in the spl last season , started we he left off this 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Putting aside the fact Gerrard doesn't seem to agree Barker's constantly pish or lets us down, you don't give someone a chance just for the sake of it when they haven't looked a better player than those ahead of them in training or bounce games.

If there's nothing or little between two players you would do, but if the youths are just making up the numbers in training and don't look as good or better than who they're trying to replace then it would be ridiculous to play them.

It's up to Middleton, McPake, Kennedy (if he's still in the picture), Mebude etc. to as Gerrard himself put it be obsessed with making it impossible for him to ignore them. The fact they go to Hibs or Dundee as two of them did and barely play tells its own story.

It’s not for the sake of it, it’s because Barker is pish.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No doubting he has pace but in first half yesterday a lovely move ended with him having 40 yards to run against their defender, you’d think that would be ideal for him.

he ran the ball out for a goal kick.

Waghorn special. 

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

So any player who doesn’t play on a par or better than his previous game shouldn’t be keeping his jersey? 

If their previous was "good", their last was "ok" then fucking right they shouldn't.

He's played near 20 games for us and has done well twice. If that's what you deem acceptable then more fool you.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If their previous was "good", their last was "ok" then fucking right they shouldn't.

He's played near 20 games for us and has done well twice. If that's what you deem acceptable then more fool you.

You seem to have lost the plot. So if Kent played ok against Dundee United, then going by your logic he’d be out the team Vs Hibs. 

My comments are not about his last 20 games. All I’m saying is, in my eyes his performance las evening wasn’t as bad as some folk are making out. Let’s just agree to differ on this matter.  We’re just going round in circles 

2 hours ago, murzo said:

Based on yesterday’s game alone, I thought Hagi had a shit game. Ok , scored a goal but gave the ball away a lot and against better opposition we could have been punished for it. Barker might not be the answer but other players that are game changers need to start performing on a more consistent and regular basis.

Hagi has been dogshite. 

We're all passing it off as he has 1 or 2 moments in the game.

Barker is the scapegoat but Hagi is less effective. At least Barkers there to fuck up. 

I have a horrible feeling that Hagi is going to be a total waste of money. Thought that prior to his signing and other than a few moments of magic he's going to go missing but have a lovely highlights real.

Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

You seem to have lost the plot. So if Kent played ok against Dundee United, then going by your logic he’d be out the team Vs Hibs. 

My comments are not about his last 20 games. All I’m saying is, in my eyes his performance las evening wasn’t as bad as some folk are making out. Let’s just agree to differ on this matter.  We’re just going round in circles 

If no squad changes by the time we play again, should Barker retain his jersey?

If Aribo and Defoe are fit, should he still retain his jersey?

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If no squad changes by the time we play again, should Barker retain his jersey?

If Aribo and Defoe are fit, should he still retain his jersey?

If Aribo is fit and the manager wants to play him, I’d prefer Hagi or Davis made way. If Defoe is coming in then it’s a formation change and I’d take out Hagi 

19 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

If Aribo is fit and the manager wants to play him, I’d prefer Hagi or Davis made way. If Defoe is coming in then it’s a formation change and I’d take out Hagi 

😂 fucking hell 

I actually think you are Barker 😄

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂 fucking hell 

I actually think you are Barker 😄

I can assure you I’m not. I like to have genuine pace in the team. We only really have 3  very quick players. Defenders hate pace. 

Hagi is best in the centre, so for me it’s between him and Aribo. If we play same formation as last match.. 

if we go 2 upfront then I would want two players who are comfortable going wide and with loads of pace. Like 2nd half vs Kilmarnock. 

If Hagi and Aribo play I’d play Aribo in place of Davis. 

38 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I can assure you I’m not. I like to have genuine pace in the team. We only really have 3  very quick players. Defenders hate pace. 

Hagi is best in the centre, so for me it’s between him and Aribo. If we play same formation as last match.. 

if we go 2 upfront then I would want two players who are comfortable going wide and with loads of pace. Like 2nd half vs Kilmarnock. 

If Hagi and Aribo play I’d play Aribo in place of Davis. 

None of them have been bothered by Barker’s. The cunt is useless. Brandon Barking. 

8 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Pace is only good if you have an end product 

That's what was missing from his game yesterday. Plenty of energy, decent link up play but no real  end product penetration. He's got pace and can get in behind opposition defences no bother but lacking in delivering a killer pass or shot on target..  Probably does it in training but seems to panic a bit in real game time.  

5 minutes ago, ironman said:

That's what was missing from his game yesterday. Plenty of energy, decent link up play but no real  end product penetration. He's got pace and can get in behind opposition defences no bother but lacking in delivering a killer pass or shot on target..  Probably does it in training but seems to panic a bit in real game time.  

Agree with that. Hopefully that will come with more games. Think that’s what most of the positive supporters are saying. 

Pace aside he is pish, lightweight, half arsed challenges, thought playing through middle could see a difference but on Saturday he showed his lack of ability to look up and play a simple cross field pass for Roofe, stick him in same category as O'halloran run into a corner and hit the first man with the cross. But knowing gerrards decisions with Ojo we better get used to threads like this

4 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Agree with that. Hopefully that will come with more games. Think that’s what most of the positive supporters are saying. 

Nothing wrong with positivity, until it gets in the way of honesty.

The honest truth is he's just not very good for us and has minimal impact on games. Impact is a necessity from our front 4, not just jersey fillers.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothing wrong with positivity, until it gets in the way of honesty.

The honest truth is he's just not very good for us and has minimal impact on games. Impact is a necessity from our front 4, not just jersey fillers.

He’s only started 2 games this season. I’d honestly prefer to judge him over a longer run in the team. Also I think he only started 2 league games last season. Maybe it’s just me but I need longer to judge him. 

Archived