Ibrox upgrades

Jdee.rfc

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Name the game and final score .An absolute classic .Still goes down as one of my top 10 OF games ever attended 

4-4?

I remember reading that it was one of the reasons David Holmes realised that massive change was needed because the fans and players were basically celebrating a draw, even though we were 4-3 up and had a man extra.

18 hours ago, badjon said:

Why change it?

6228450_1b133e58_1024x1024.jpg

Panels have been in place since the late 80s it’s not like there proper imported hardwood that enhances the main stand and elsewhere 

I’m sure this wood is protected by the listing on the main stand. (Founders trail info ???)

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It does look old, but the design is fine. Just needed touched up. 

Does this mean all the wooden paneling around the rest of the main building is going the same as the tunnel looks just now?

Replaced the dressing room corridor with new wood mate 

7D124A01-D2C4-453D-B7B6-E02D69D0C477.jpeg

9DD0D9DF-C9DB-468C-ADEE-9A9F60F4C467.jpeg

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

What a difference. I remember doing the tour a few years ago thinking that area looked VERY run down and outdated.

Personally I thought the upgrade looked class until the transfers , I get the idea  , the current players are waking the corridor these greats did but I think that ruins it , nice framed pictures if it had to be added would been far better 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Personally I thought the upgrade looked class until the transfers , I get the idea  , the current players are waking the corridor these greats did but I think that ruins it , nice farmed pictures if it had to be added would been far better 

What of something like a tractor??

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

4-4?

I remember reading that it was one of the reasons David Holmes realised that massive change was needed because the fans and players were basically celebrating a draw, even though we were 4-3 up and had a man extra.

And McCoist sitter in last few moments would have made it 5-4 😄A lifetime ago .Always remember having lots of drink before the game .And the game sobering me up .Up and down those stairs in all the bedlam after each goal 

Surely must be 1 of the top five OF games of the last 50years 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And McCoist sitter in last few moments would have made it 5-4 😄A lifetime ago .Always remember having lots of drink before the game .And the game sobering me up .Up and down those stairs in all the bedlam after each goal 

Surely must be 1 of the top five OF games of the last 50years 

Before my time but I have seen it many times as my old man had it on VHS. Was it not the first Scottish game that season to have highlights/a replay on TV as the TV crew strike had ended?

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Love the more traditional look of the top photo 

Before it was upgraded mate they’d took that RFC paper off the walls which made some difference, here’s what it was like when I played in a charity foundation game couple of years ago  

Archived