Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Swally said:

How do you know people are reacting solely based on that? Talking with other bears there's quite a few who've been unhappy for a while.

The draw at HIVs is simply the most recent failure to pressure on the scum.

We both know the op wouldn’t have been posted if we got 3 points on Sunday.

Im not a huge fan of Gerrard and he’s cost us plenty with his decision making but all I’m saying is I don’t think he was to blame for the Hibs game.

Gerrard was a commercial decision not a managerial decision said this many times in the past in order for him to be successful he needed time as he's learning to be a manager.

Has he improved us? is he learning and becoming a better manager? 

Motherwell going to be a tough game.

Not really relevant but remember how long it took to appoint Gerrard? We didn’t have a manager for months. Was an absolute shambles. 

(edit: just looked it up and he was appointed 4th of May. Maybe I’m speaking shite. Felt like months we didn’t have a clue who our manager was going to be)

5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We both know the op wouldn’t have been posted if we got 3 points on Sunday.

Im not a huge fan of Gerrard and he’s cost us plenty with his decision making but all I’m saying is I don’t think he was to blame for the Hibs game.

Probably not, however it doesn't mean it was an over-reaction, it could simply be the tipping point for some.

I think a lot of us thought there was some difference from previous seasons due to our defence looking rock solid and giving us a new clean sheet record, however it didn't take much for Goldson to spray shite all over his kegs and confirm that nothing has actually changed. The steal in our defence didn't last long. It wasn't as if it was one mistake and we forgot it and carried on - what champions would do, it was one mistake which certain players never recovered from. In fact it sounded like Goldson wanted off the pitch.

Perhaps we were mistaking something had changed when it hasn't, and this grim reality struck some of us after 2-2.

If we get papped out of Europe and lose to them at the Paedodome inside the next month the noose will be ready. I would also think he’s savvy enough to know that so watch him jump to the first job available in England before the season is out. No way he stays if the going gets tough this season. 

45 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrard was a commercial decision not a managerial decision said this many times in the past in order for him to be successful he needed time as he's learning to be a manager.

Has he improved us? is he learning and becoming a better manager? 

Motherwell going to be a tough game.

It was a Souness-like appointment for me.  

Big name, big headlines & commercial dynamite etc etc 

However Souness and/or the board had the sense to put Walter in beside him. 

He was in tune with how the game is played here, what it takes to win games, what other teams got up to & the type of person you should/should not be signing.

26 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The younger fans tolerate mediocrity allegedly. 

There might be an argument to generally say younger fans are more likely to tolerate mediocrity because that's all they've known, middle-aged fans are less likely to tolerate mediocrity because their introduction to Rangers was the 9iar years, and older fans have lived through more periods of success and failure than the rest so are perhaps more tolerant of both.

Don't want to speak for anyone though, I personally think it's been an interesting poll. 

I'll play along though.  The questions are a bit too black or white to answer in the poll.

1)  I am very happy with some aspects of what he has done, and not as happy about others.

2) Again, I'm inbetween the two.  I think he has done enough in some areas, and not enough in others.

3) If he fails to win the league.  

4)  slightly.  I'm not that bothered about it a times.  End of the day they won 5 of their 9 without us in the league, and one was handed to them after 3/4 of a season.  The ONLY reason it bothers me is it gives them something to crow about.

5 I'm 39.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This is complete lies, I argued with @BridgeIsBlue constantly over Gerrard doing nothing here in 2018, he was a huge backer and I'm actually surprised how he's went from being close to a Gerrard fanboy to detesting him now.

Gave him all the backing in the world until our last SC game, that was it for me personally. Funnily enough it was at the same venue where I lost the plot with Warburton :lol:

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We're already at the stage where we could be going into the first game against them chasing, drop points again on Sunday and it's curtains imo. 

Theyve had an easier start, they've had luck and decisions, and we've not yet gone head to head.

I'm confident about Sunday 😁

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theyve had an easier start, they've had luck and decisions, and we've not yet gone head to head.

I'm confident about Sunday 😁

If we had 2 games postponed and had to play catch up would we have dealt with it in the way they have? 

Only one side consistently collapses under any remote pressure and it ain't them. 

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This is complete lies, I argued with @BridgeIsBlue constantly over Gerrard doing nothing here in 2018, he was a huge backer and I'm actually surprised how he's went from being close to a Gerrard fanboy to detesting him now.

@BridgeIsBlue apologies, I only recall the rants against...seems to have been going on forever though.  Maybe you're just bipolar?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we had 2 games postponed and had to play catch up would we have dealt with it in the way they have? 

Only one side consistently collapses under any remote pressure and it ain't them. 

Quite possibly.  It's literally impossible to know this,

Archived