Boumsong

NorthernLights

Just now, NorthernLights said:

Know he wasn’t with us for very long but what are your memories of him? Remember being surprised that we got so much for him and that he was shite in England but can’t really remember if he was any good for us

Absolutely strolled it for us looked a class above, surprised he struggled down south 

29 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Absolutely strolled it for us looked a class above, surprised he struggled down south 

Sure his wife or kid had a bad illness around the time of him moving. Was a level above what he was playing with in his 6ish months at us. 

The days of listening to the real radio football phone in. I remember we were linked with Boumsong. I knew more about Mexes who was his partner at the back. Ewan Cameron stated he would run round Ibrox naked if we signed Boumsong. He was linked with some big clubs but we obviously offered him a massive wage and  a promise of a big move. Souness helped us out paying 8m and it led us to the title.

Was absolutely rotten in that game against Auxerre just before he moved but on the whole he strolled it.

I couldn’t believe it when we signed him because him, along with Mexes, were always being bigged up as these world class centre halves in waiting in World Soccer for the 12-18 months before we signed him.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was dodgy as fuck for Newcastle though, which was surprising given he probably strolled it every bit as much as Van Dijk did in Scotland.

I think he'd be talked about in discussions on our best ever 11 if he'd have hung around for 2 or 3 years.

I was just about to make the Van Dijk comparison.

Bounding was outstanding at Rangers then almost overnight turned absolutely awful at Newcastle. 

Same with Cuellar. Exceptional for us but kinda plateaued at Villa.

As a side note, i never realised until recently that Rangers had agreed to buy Cuellar back in 2011 but he got injured and the move fell through.

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

I was just about to make the Van Dijk comparison.

Bounding was outstanding at Rangers then almost overnight turned absolutely awful at Newcastle. 

Same with Cuellar. Exceptional for us but kinda plateaued at Villa.

As a side note, i never realised until recently that Rangers had agreed to buy Cuellar back in 2011 but he got injured and the move fell through.

He’s regarded as one of Newcastle’s worst ever signings. :lol:

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was absolutely rotten in that game against Auxerre just before he moved but on the whole he strolled it.

I couldn’t believe it when we signed him because him, along with Mexes, were always being bigged up as these world class centre halves in waiting in World Soccer for the 12-18 months before we signed him.

Ban yourself

Archived