Morelos and Itten called up to national teams

Broxi

3 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

I know where you're coming from and I have to wonder why you believe it. The authorities in this country hate us and if they can do it then they will screw us over.

You wonder why I believe that if we play well enough and take our chances then we’ll win? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wish they'd just bin international football for good, it's fucking minging. 

I have been saying exactly this since about 1998 when it was obvious the whole set up and it's interference in Club football was becoming way too much of a ball ache. 

Detest it. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That’s what I meant mate 🤣

Don’t want to keep going off topic, but the last couple of seasons we’ve had wins at ibrox, the one at parkhead and the cup final we were done by an offside goal but we created enough to win. This whole ‘the ref will decide the game’ is boring now 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

You wonder why I believe that if we play well enough and take our chances then we’ll win? 

Fine believe what you want, I hope you're right and in a decent honest country like this used to be I'd be in complete agreement.

Scotland in 2020 is not a decent honest country though, in particular not where football is concerned.

Just now, The Librarian said:

Fine believe what you want, I hope you're right and in a decent honest country like this used to be I'd be in complete agreement.

Scotland in 2020 is not a decent honest country though, in particular not where football is concerned.

I’m not sticking up for the refs here and saying they’re doing a fantastic job and that I think they’ll do the right thing on the day ffs, I’m saying our ability will get us through regardless of whatever cheating is used against us 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I’m not sticking up for the refs here and saying they’re doing a fantastic job and that I think they’ll do the right thing on the day ffs, I’m saying our ability will get us through regardless of whatever cheating is used against us 

And I'm saying cheating beats ability more often than ability beats cheating.

You have your opinion and I have mine and we'll agree to differ on that but agree on this I hope, we should be beating them every damn time we play them.

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Can't say I'm delighted in all honesty with Morelos travel before the Tarriers game and Itten having a knock a few days ago. Hate international football so much. Get's in the way of everything.

That's the way it is for players and clubs, if you want to boost your career and transfer value - caps add to that. Has and always will be.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not really, if a country gets into a quarter or semi final - the place goes into meltdown. Look at Wales and N Ireland recently. In turn it boosts neutral fans interest in the game.

There's been one good WC this century. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

There's been one good WC this century. 

Depends on what you take as a success. I thought the 2010 was excellent for a spectacle in Africa - with the Dutch run standing out for me.

2014, and the destruction of Brazil by a soild German side completely unplayable that year.

2002 - the underdogs like USA, Senegal and Turkey progressing deep into the competition.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Depends on what you take as a success. I thought the 2010 was excellent for a spectacle in Africa - with the Dutch run standing out for me.

2014, and the destruction of Brazil by a soild German side completely unplayable that year.

2002 - the underdogs like USA, Senegal and Turkey progressing deep into the competition.

2010 was absolutely horrendous- you're at it.

8 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It was good event, first WC in Africa, first winter WC since 1978, dark horses like Uruguay and Holland progressing far - and we all remember the vuvezella!!

I never want to hear the vuvuzella again in my life. Horrendous 😠

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

2006 was the best, the rest of them have been meh. 

I actually think this could be a boost for Morelos. I remember him coming back from his first call up a different player. He'd been slightly under performing and his head looked down. Came back totally different and went on a really good run of form. Hopefully the same can happen this time. He's playing better than he was, but something's just not clicking with him just now. 

On 02/10/2020 at 23:03, LegendofCoop said:

I actually think this could be a boost for Morelos. I remember him coming back from his first call up a different player. He'd been slightly under performing and his head looked down. Came back totally different and went on a really good run of form. Hopefully the same can happen this time. He's playing better than he was, but something's just not clicking with him just now. 

He is jealous of Tavs goal scoring record this season. Can't blame him.

Seriously though, I'd bench Buffalo and in the scum match too.

Make him hungry and angry and he will come on and score.

Archived