***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Right back at ya.

Broadcasting that everyone you know will be in a crowd (and fuck the guidance) is idiotic and just gives ammunition to those who would benefit from postponement, ie not us.

Use your brain FFS

He doesn't have one. Check his posting history.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdave30 said:

Do you think the Scottish government, SFA or SPFL make policy decisions regarding pandemics after browsing Rangers media? 

Most of Sturgeon’s speech yesterday was about people planning to go to Blackpool and elsewhere down south to watch the game.

That information was based on social media sites and forums.

For the benefit of the powers that be, I will be running a power cable out to my gazebo in the back garden to watch the game in total isolation while wearing my N95 mask and sitting in a paddling pool of detol, by myself, with no one else there, at all, just me.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Most of Sturgeon’s speech yesterday was about people planning to go to Blackpool and elsewhere down south to watch the game.

That information was based on social media sites and forums.

I thought it was due to elevated track and trace cases being found to originate in Blackpool.

For the benefit of the powers that be, I will be running a power cable out to my gazebo in the back garden to watch the game in total isolation while wearing my N95 mask and sitting in a paddling pool of detol, by myself, with no one else there, at all, just me.

That’s the spirit :lol:

Not about whether people get together or not, it’s just daft to make life easy for our enemies by advertising it.

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

@Colin Traiveis right, for several reasons.  You might be young and healthy enough not to think you need to worry, but you become a carrier to friends and family who don't share your good health or youthful looks.

Anyway, you won't need all that if you're on your own.  If you have people round, I'd recommend a pool of dettol each, and keep the power cable dry.  Should be okay without a mask though, with the dettol fumes you're probably better with full set breathing apparatus 

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

I thought it was due to elevated track and trace cases being found to originate in Blackpool.

Partly true (in existing cases) but she also referred to people planning trips. If anyone thinks that social media isn’t monitored, they are deluded.

29 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Do you think the Scottish government, SFA or SPFL make policy decisions regarding pandemics after browsing Rangers media? 

It is not really about policy at this point, it is about lives.

If large number of people ignore the rules and gather indoors to watch the match, then the virus will spread, and unfortunately people will die.

I am gonna watch the game in my own house by myself, rather than the usual of watching it with my mates or my dad.

If I was to go round to my mates, get a cargo and watch it while having a laugh, I understand that it might result in killing the loved ones of people on this forum. Im not willing to do that.

Anyone who does decide to break the rules so they can watch a game of football, risking the lives of other people is a bit of a prick to be honest.   

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Right back at ya.

Broadcasting that everyone you know will be in a crowd (and fuck the guidance) is idiotic and just gives ammunition to those who would benefit from postponement, ie not us.

Use your brain FFS

breaking news on Sky Sports that game has been postponed because @King Jela is having a few folk round to watch the game.

They royally fucked this btw, they've forced the closure of pubs that accounted for less than 10% of all new cases. They had a track and trace system and could monitor it much better than everyone meeting at houses.

Theyre fucking deluded if they think people on both sides won't go to.houses to watch this.

I.dont stay with my son anymore and ill be going to see it with him and his uncle. 

Yet had the orange halls remained open then we'd have all been in there and the track and trace system could've potentially kept people safer than rhe old house hopping 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They royally fucked this btw, they've forced the closure of pubs that accounted for less than 10% of all new cases. They had a track and trace system and could monitor it much better than everyone meeting at houses.

Theyre fucking deluded if they think people on both sides won't go to.houses to watch this.

I.dont stay with my son anymore and ill be going to see it with him and his uncle. 

Yet had the orange halls remained open then we'd have all been in there and the track and trace system could've potentially kept people safer than rhe old house hopping 

The cunts haven't a clue mate, been guesswork from the start of this. Complete shambles from the start and I don't expect it to get any better with that fuckwit in charge of things in Edinburgh.

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is not really about policy at this point, it is about lives.

If large number of people ignore the rules and gather indoors to watch the match, then the virus will spread, and unfortunately people will die.

I am gonna watch the game in my own house by myself, rather than the usual of watching it with my mates or my dad.

If I was to go round to my mates, get a cargo and watch it while having a laugh, I understand that it might result in killing the loved ones of people on this forum. Im not willing to do that.

Anyone who does decide to break the rules so they can watch a game of football, risking the lives of other people is a bit of a prick to be honest.   

The policy is about deciding what risk people should be allowed to expose themselves to voluntarily.

I don’t want to turn this into another covid 19 thread because that already exists if you want to bore people with your opinions on coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Why dont you just watch it in the house yourself?

Is it genuinely worth people dying so that you can go watch the game with friends and family?

In reality that is what will happen. People will end up dying of COVID due to transmission chains of people breaking the rules to watch the old firm.

I would love to watch it with my mates or my dad, but im willing not to so that I know i have not contributed to someone losing a loved one.  

The policy is about deciding what risk people should be allowed to expose themselves to voluntarily.

I don’t want to turn this into another covid 19 thread because that already exists if you want to bore people with your opinions on coronavirus.

I dont think it is that simple.

The policy is not just about one person and their own choice of risk. It is about the risk those individuals pose to everyone else as well.

If this was a simple equation of someone choosing to expose themselves and only them to a danger, then my opinion would be that it is acceptable for them to gauge that and make their own call.

It isnt though, it is about how their actions increase the danger to the more vulnerable in society.

Im not in any of the key danger categories for COVID, if I caught it, I would almost certainly be okay. If I was to catch it and unknowingly pass it on to an old dear in a supermarket, they would be in far more danger though. I try to avoid getting covid to protect them as my priority, not to protect myself.

When people are discussing specifically flouting the COVID restrictions in this thread, then I think it is acceptable to discuss it in this regard.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Is it genuinely worth people dying so that you can go watch the game with friends and family?

In reality that is what will happen. People will end up dying of COVID due to transmission chains of people breaking the rules to watch the old firm.

I would love to watch it with my mates or my dad, but im willing not to so that I know i have not contributed to someone losing a loved one.  

What a fucking pantie wetter.

he’s watching the game with his boy and his uncle, not organising an illegal rave ffs.

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye it is.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont think it is that simple.

The policy is not just about one person and their own choice of risk. It is about the risk those individuals pose to everyone else as well.

If this was a simple equation of someone choosing to expose themselves and only them to a danger, then my opinion would be that it is acceptable for them to gauge that and make their own call.

It isnt though, it is about how their actions increase the danger to the more vulnerable in society.

Im not in any of the key danger categories for COVID, if I caught it, I would almost certainly be okay. If I was to catch it and unknowingly pass it on to an old dear in a supermarket, they would be in far more danger though. I try to avoid getting covid to protect them as my priority, not to protect myself.

When people are discussing specifically flouting the COVID restrictions in this thread, then I think it is acceptable to discuss it in this regard.

I don’t want to bore people to death in 2 threads.

It just turns into Groundhog Day, if you want to talk about the game I’m all for that.

Archived