Jones & Edmundson suspended

Billythebear77

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This pandemic is fucking brutal for everyone. It's fucking horrendous no matter who you are. I'm sure most of us have pushed the boundaries to what is and isn't acceptable at least once for varying reasons although that's neither here nor there. For footballers, especially ones who basically aren't playing it must be difficult, no matter how much they are paid and no matter how lucky they are to play for us. Also most people in life make really bad judgement calls and more often than not live to regret those calls they make.

We don't know the severity of the breach but ultimately that doesn't matter. They have both fucked it. They know the rules and they know the potential consequences. Being a public figure and given what's happened with other players, everyone knows they just can't break the rules and get away with it. The risks are real. Obviously we don't know the full facts just yet but it would seem their behaviour is totally unacceptable given they have been suspended. We'll be fine but I think they have both fucked their Rangers career and for what? Utter madness. They'll both regret it for the rest of their days.

Thankfully the club have acted swiftly and appropriately. We couldn't have done any more than we have done already.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

So you think everycunt involved will look at this and say "it's awrite, stevie G gave them a few days aff so their is nothing to see here"

I'm sorry bud but you are having a shocker here if you think this goes away on that logic 

The only people having a shocker are the people predicting that we will have games postponed, points deducted or that the whole club is going to be put into self isolation.

They broke the rules but they haven’t been in contact with any of the other players or staff since it happened and were immediately suspended by the club when it came to light (a few hours later).

We will be fined and that will be the end of it.

19 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

What training was that?

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The players are off today.

Every single player or just the squad that played at the weekend. As neither even made the bench yesterday I would expect them to be in today. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

The only people having a shocker are the people predicting that we will have games postponed, points deducted or that the whole club is going to be put into self isolation.

They broke the rules but they haven’t been in contact with any of the other players or staff since it happened and were immediately suspended by the club when it came to light (a few hours later).

Nonsense. They broke the rules thats what sturgeon will say.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Your right that’s what should happen, but with the scum authorities/ Tim’s/scum media whipping this up ,who knows what will happen

I am not a professional footballer paid thousands but I can adhere to the rules. Anyway in the squad bubble they have had a lot more interaction than the majority of people. Fucking infuriating this breech. 

Regards fines etc I think and hope by us as a club being up front and honest about what has occurred we are heading off the worst.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Every single player or just the squad that played at the weekend. As neither even made the bench yesterday I would expect them to be in today. 

If they were due at training this morning I doubt they would be at a house party at half one in the morning tbh.

Common in the 90’s but it doesn’t really happen these days especially with all the testing and shit that players go through. 

Dundee United didn’t have any action taken against them when one of their players was caught out in a night out. Precedent set.

The club must take the strongest action possible against these guys and neither should be seen in a Rangers jersey again. 

Along with everyone else on here, As a life long Rangers supporter it would have  been my dream to pull on the jersey. Most of us would do anything to protect that. Sadly as a shite player it was never going to be. Yet here we have a guy with all the talent, claims to be Rangers through and through yet he's throwing it all away. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

If they were due at training this morning I doubt they would be at a house party at half one in the morning tbh.

Common in the 90’s but it doesn’t really happen these days especially with all the testing and shit that players go through. 

Aye they seem like great professionals would be in bed by 9.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve given up trying to explain man.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

A fine which will be covered by the wages we dock the players involved.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'm glad the club took action immediately on this. 

However we can't rule out games being postponed. SNP had games for taigs and sheep suspended for player breaches.

They could easily wade in again here and do the same with us. It can't be ruled out. 

Hopefully it is just a fine and we can continue on. Fine can be paid out the wages of these 2 idiots. 

Not even Idiots,  selfish. 

Consciously made the decision.

No we gave all the negative press, after doing so well and turning up the heat on other side of the city. 

Glad the club has acted so quickly - time up for both. 

Terminated/loaned/shipped. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

M8....do you honestly believe that the spfl board (the board we went after in April and tried to run out of town)will just look at this as a mere blip....call me paranoid but I have been dreading this day as I don't believe they fight fair where our club are concerned....I hope you are right I honestly do but the pressure to postpone our next 2 league games will start to intensify in the coming hours....hopefully a fine, I'm just not that confident of that outcome 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Aye they seem like great professionals would be in bed by 9.

Do you think they would be able to roll up to training the next day and pass a hydration test if they had been partying all night? 

Gerrard said the players had a few days off so even if they aren’t the brightest thats probably why Jones and Edmundson were even out to begin with.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Going by this thread it seems like plenty of our own are happy to whip it up and do their work for them.

I think if the two players were better players some would right this off to an extent, as it's Jones and Edmundson and doubts about their application and it's taking the shine off the way we are playing the anger is understandable.

Archived