Coefficient

GOAT

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

If only life was that simple.  We’ve not won a league title in near enough ten years mate and if shaktar do win and we do finish 1st we have to navigate TWO qualifiers.  So aye let’s bite our nose off to spite our face Incase it helps the tarriers and other teams.

I can see why your name is goat - because you certainly get on it......

16 hours ago, GOAT said:

We’ve got two CL spots for 1st and 2nd this season, it’s next seasons winners were talking about.  If we finish above Ukraine in the coefficient this season 1st automatically qualifies for the CL and second only plays one qualifier, third even automatically qualifies for the EL.  Assuming one of the top four leagues or whatever it is wins the CL. It would mean no matter what 3 Scottish teams playing group stage European football.  

If the scum still have to play a qualifier it means 2 Scottish teams playing group stages as they probably wouldn't be seeded.

17 hours ago, A.T.G said:

So the co-efficient was fucked because there was only one team in Europe. And now we don’t need the scum in Europe to keep the co-efficient decent...?

Makes no sense. 

Makes perfect sense. Scum plus sheep plus two from spoon burners, murderwell, killie, st johnstone equals fuck all added to the coefficient. 0 divided by 4 = 0. Anything we bring divided by 5 is still greater with or without the scum.

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Makes perfect sense. Scum plus sheep plus two from spoon burners, murderwell, killie, st johnstone equals fuck all added to the coefficient. 0 divided by 4 = 0. Anything we bring divided by 5 is still greater with or without the scum.

But the fact they made the groups surely means something? For all the banter years did they ever manage an automatic qualification spot? 

I was under the impression that the fact we’ve both made the groups has contributed to the rise in coefficient, not just our runs. We’ve obviously performed better but I don’t think we can do it alone to beat other counties when they have 3/4 teams regular 

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Leicester playing a reserve side and losing 1-0 in Ukraine last night really hurt us, English cunts!

Ideally we want a Real Madrid and Inter win next week as this will eliminate Shakhtar from Europe completely. Zorya are already eliminated and travel to Braga on Thursday, hopefully Braga go out for the win to top the group.

Kiev could be a problem, they play at home to Ferencvaros, a win or draw is going to be enough for them to make Europa League last 32. Unless its a 3-3+ draw.

Us and the scum winning in GW6 really could be huge. 

Aye, if Shaktar make it into the L16 of the CL they get 5 bonus points which will all but end our chances of 11th places unfortunately 

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

But the fact they made the groups surely means something? For all the banter years did they ever manage an automatic qualification spot? 

I was under the impression that the fact we’ve both made the groups has contributed to the rise in coefficient, not just our runs. We’ve obviously performed better but I don’t think we can do it alone to beat other counties when they have 3/4 teams regular 

Yes they added something by reaching the groups but look at their record in the said groups. I was using hyperbole as the Scottish coefficient only rose when we were back in the mix. As regards the others, since our drop down Aberdeen have contributed 7 wins, Motherwell 2 (both in this seasons' competition), St Johnstone and Hearts 1 win each with Hibs, Killie and ICT all winless. Without our contributions over the last two years it would have been likely that Scotland's champions would have to contest the preliminary round.

On 03/12/2020 at 23:54, A.T.G said:

So the co-efficient was fucked because there was only one team in Europe. And now we don’t need the scum in Europe to keep the co-efficient decent...?

Makes no sense. 

We cannot be reliant on one club, whether it be us or cellic, gaining coefficient points.

Countries like Belgium and Switzerland do not rely one team, but pick up points acros the board.

Cellic destroyed the coefficient when they colluded with our demotion to the lower leagues as well as effectively reducing revenue from TV deals and attendances, reducing the standard. 

A successful Rangers will increase all the revenue and income from TV for all the clubs, but we really need teams like Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs, or an improved Hearts to be picking up more points in the future, as much as cellic to improve the coefficient.

If we continue to improve and fund the rest of Scottish revenue, then the standard will improve and the coefficient would look after itself, even without celic.

4 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

He has a thread on it if we win the next 2 games and reach the round of 16 there will be an automatic spot in the champions league 

It’s nowhere near in the bag Shakhtar are a good side who I expect to do well, they’ll certainly make last 16 barring nightmare draw ie Benfica or Sociedad in last 32, we’ll need to match their run and hope Kiev go out to secure 11th 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Did he actually say that because I couldn't see it looking there? He did say this 'With only Rangers left in for Scotland, they will probably have to reach the round of 16 (at least) to keep 11th'..

To make it 100% clear to our fans, us making the last 16 does not guarantee a spot in the CL.

Posted that at 3 in the morning after doing a 15hr shift with 3hrs sleep the night before i genuinely thought he said that.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Did he actually say that because I couldn't see it looking there? He did say this 'With only Rangers left in for Scotland, they will probably have to reach the round of 16 (at least) to keep 11th'..

To make it 100% clear to our fans, us making the last 16 does not guarantee a spot in the CL.

When we win the Europa League does it put us straight into the Champions League group stages?

11 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

He has a thread on it if we win the next 2 games and reach the round of 16 there will be an automatic spot in the champions league 

That cant be true. Ukraine e still have 2 teams in the EL and are only 0.425 points behind us. Even if we get to last 16 if both the Ukrainian clubs did likewise Ukraine would over take Scotland. We need to go further than one Ukrianian team and as far as the other one. 

Archived