Kent, Morelos, Hagi, Aribo

Broxi

28 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Worried if Tavs form/goals dry up, we might struggle offensively. Forwards need to up their game .. 

To up their game they need service and imo the service they require was sadly lacking tonight.

They wanted that game more than we did and i'd be more worried about that than anything else because if the same frailties that plagued this team the last two season are allowed to return then gawd help us all because these forums will become unbearable.

Saturdays game will be a massive test of character for this team and we'll see how they respond to a wee bit of adversity.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent frustrates me more than others, even Morelos tbh. Graft yes. Quality and end result no.

The stopovers, feints, shimmys mean fuck all unless you're doing it in areas you can hurt teams. When its easy to just beat a man or find a good simple pass it often seems to be over complicated by him.

But the bigger issue is that we can't find 8 players getting an 8/10 every week. Some are excellent, others average, and when the strong ones dip things like tonight can happen. We can't have 11 players all at best a 5/10, its not on.

Kent doesn't influence games nearly enough for what we paid for him. Been here 2 1/2 years now and I can't really see any improvement in that time. Stepover, Stepover, run into the nearest defender seems to be about the sum of his contributions. 

Aribo just seems too 'nice' for Scottish football, is a pretty big unit but doesn't have the physicality or mentality to impose himself on games and I still don't know what his natural or best position actually is. 

Hagi looked great on loan, maybe because he wasn't scared to have a pop at goal and that was a novelty for us last season. But another who I just don't know where he fits into the formation Gerrard wants to play. 

Morelos needs to start scoring, I would hope that after his suspension he'll be champing at the bit to get going but if he continues on his domestic drought then the pressure will just build and build and someone else will have to step up. 

Tav needs Barasic.

I still stand by one of our losses was letting Candeias go as he covered up for a lot of Tavs poor positioning, which has ben made up for by playing 2 CDMs who fill in for the Full backs. I still don't get how the other teams haven't cottoned onto this and made plans to counter it.

10 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Tav needs Barasic.

I still stand by one of our losses was letting Candeias go as he covered up for a lot of Tavs poor positioning, which has ben made up for by playing 2 CDMs who fill in for the Full backs. I still don't get how the other teams haven't cottoned onto this and made plans to counter it.

Daniel Candeias wouldn't have changed a thing tonight that's crazy talk

Aribo is without doubt one of the most overrated players we've had for many a year. The way some of our fans fawn over him is absolutely embarrassing considering what he actually offers us during a 90 minutes. Got great feet, great skills and plenty of ability but the amount of times he goes missing or hides is frankly unacceptable. Not a kneejerk reaction either, been saying it for a while.

Feel like half the reason some people hype him is because they're happy to get it up that no-mark Lee Bowyer, because the over the top praise certainly isn't commensurate with his contribution for us.

You would think it was Barcelona we were playing last night , it was fuckin StMirren , any one of several versions of our side should have ran all over them last night.

Its a wake up call , we still have a side and manager who have won fuck all , but according to some on here the league was already won.

The 4 above have a good game and will go back to being lauded by the usual suspects , the lot of them are very average players playing for the biggest club they will ever play for.

That cup was there for the taking last night , we should be destroying any of the sides left in. This team and manager failed once again at the same time of year as his first two years , it better not happen again.......

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Kent is overrated and gets an easy time of it on RM. One good game out of four doesn't cut it for me.

Joe Aribo looked lost tonight. Not sure what has happened to him lately.

Has to be said sadly.

2 years he's been here so we cant say he's still settling. He's got plenty of games under his belt so we cant say its lack of match sharpness or an unfamiliarity with the teams/players we face every week. He's had his pre season.

Him and the other creative players are being shown up by a fucken 300 grand right back.

So its actually just business as usual as far as Ryan Kent goes actually.

14 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Aribo is without doubt one of the most overrated players we've had for many a year. The way some of our fans fawn over him is absolutely embarrassing considering what he actually offers us during a 90 minutes. Got great feet, great skills and plenty of ability but the amount of times he goes missing or hides is frankly unacceptable. Not a kneejerk reaction either, been saying it for a while.

Feel like half the reason some people hype him is because they're happy to get it up that no-mark Lee Bowyer, because the over the top praise certainly isn't commensurate with his contribution for us.

He was our early front runner for POTY after the first 6 games that's why people got excited.

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

Not saying it would have, i was just pointing out that Tavs great seasons have been when some one has been covering for him.

And what though? Surely that is just tactical sense when you see the return you can get from him. 

Your earlier comment of  "I still don't get how the other teams haven't cottoned onto this and made plans to counter it" they have cottoned on to it they haven't for the most part been capable of countering it is coming aye I know, you cling to that game most will look at the shit load of others that show your theory is daft.

I think we all need to remember that this is probably only the second game out of nearly 30 that we haven’t played well in. 

Some players could be doing more, but you’ll get peaks and troughs from players throughout the season. 

It was a disaster of a result, but the big test is how we now deal with the upcoming 6 or 7 difficult games. Need to show we aren’t going to choke. 

10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kent frustrates me more than others, even Morelos tbh. Graft yes. Quality and end result no.

The stopovers, feints, shimmys mean fuck all unless you're doing it in areas you can hurt teams. When its easy to just beat a man or find a good simple pass it often seems to be over complicated by him.

But the bigger issue is that we can't find 8 players getting an 8/10 every week. Some are excellent, others average, and when the strong ones dip things like tonight can happen. We can't have 11 players all at best a 5/10, its not on.

I think he can certainly give off that impression, and we definitely need to see more goals from him, still.  But, he does actually create a fair amount however  woeful finishing from others hasn’t seen those turn into assists. Not to mention the ton of free kicks he wins which we often then score from.

Take Sunday at Tannadice. Gets to the bye-line, chips it in and on a plate for Alfie who heads over the bar from 4 yards when he should’ve scored.

Archived