Kent, Morelos, Hagi, Aribo

Broxi

19 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Much better from Aribo today, was excellent. 

Hagi still seems to have an awful touch or pass in him at any moment but no denying he's also been a lot better the last 2 games.

Kent... rarely ever plays badly, but is also rarely ever actually playing well. 

Morelos... awful. He is simply a woeful finisher. Even when he was on form for us he was still a poor finisher, relied mainly on goals within 12 yards. People mentioning his general play, sorry but even his strength and winning headers isn't as good as it was. He used to roll and shrug off defenders with ease but he's been poor at that also. Think if anybody offers anything north of £14m in January it should be a no brainer, and honestly I feel silly even expecting anybody to go near that. 

Positives are that Aribo and Hagi did well today though. Hopefully the thread's hit list will be cut in half after another good performance or two. 

No chance anyone is offering 14m for Morelos who has been well off it for almost a year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He is very good within 12 yards, he is woeful beyond 12 yards. And I stand by that. I should have been more clear, by finishing I should have specifically said clearly from the start that I mean medium to long range, ball at feet and taking a shot on. Not the instinct strikes he was freely scoring before

What a really odd thing to be critical of.

Heres a wee teaser.

Would you rather: Morelos to have banged in 20 goals so far but been sent off 3 times. (Possibly costing us points)

or

Morelos sitting on one goal (and finally breaking his duck against the scum in Jan), a few assists and continuing to occupy 2 defenders and we carry on as we have done so far?

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

Heres a wee teaser.

Would you rather: Morelos to have banged in 20 goals so far but been sent off 3 times. (Possibly costing us points)

or

Morelos sitting on one goal (and finally breaking his duck against the scum in Jan), a few assists and continuing to occupy 2 defenders and we carry on as we have done so far?

I posted before on here that I couldn't give a fuck if Alfredo decided to be Broxi Bear for a while, so long as the team keeps winning

7 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Heres a wee teaser.

or

Not really a teaser m8 more of a no brainer :lol:

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Why is Kent getting away scot-free in this thread and Morelos is getting it hard by some?

Do either need much criticism?

Kent's not been in the scintillating form he was in at the beginning of the season but he's still contributing and isn't playing 'badly'.

Both can do better because at their best they're EPL level players easily, but they're doing alright.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Do either need much criticism?

Kent's not been in the scintillating form he was in at the beginning of the season but he's still contributing and isn't playing 'badly'.

Both can do better because at their best they're EPL level players easily, but they're doing alright.

He had a few nice touches in the second-half but it is not enough from a £7m man.

His crossing is woeful.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why is Kent getting away scot-free in this thread and Morelos is getting it hard by some?

Because everyone’s pretty much admitting Kent’s contributing little other than hard work at the moment so there’s no debate to be had. 

Morelos could go out miss 3 open goals, get sent off for slapping someone across the face and some on here would still defend him to the hilt 

If the name on the back of his shirt was Roofe, Defoe, Itten, Kamberi, Lafferty etc he’d be getting slated to fuck on here with his recent performances and rightly so. He’s now been off the boil for a whole year and the excuses for him have to stop

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Because everyone’s pretty much admitting Kent’s contributing little other than hard work at the moment so there’s no debate to be had. 

Morelos could go out miss 3 open goals, get sent off for slapping someone across the face and some on here would still defend him to the hilt 

If the name on the back of his shirt was Roofe, Defoe, Itten, Kamberi, Lafferty etc he’d be getting slated to fuck on here with his recent performances and rightly so. He’s now been off the boil for a whole year and the excuses for him have to stop

Spot on

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He had a few nice touches in the second-half but it is not enough from a £7m man.

His crossing is woeful.

All our players have one or more big flaws, which is why they're with us and not at the highest level of the game. Most though have strengths that are as good as much of what you'd find at the highest level.

Kent's crossing is a weakness as generally is his shooting, but in every game his acceleration on the ball, ability to carry us up the park and take two or three opposition players out of the game sets him apart.

I'd hoped he would start to add numbers to his game and that's fallen away a bit compared to how he started, but he's easily worth the £7 million we paid for him and will no doubt have the fenians fucking shitting themselves again on the 2nd as he always has done.

17 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Heres a wee teaser.

or

We’re not missing Morelos goals, but we’re missing how he terrifies defenders, pulling them all over the place, creating space for the rest of the forwards. We’re missing the first time layoffs and how well he holds the ball up.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

All our players have one or more big flaws, which is why they're with us and not at the highest level of the game. Most though have strengths that are as good as much of what you'd find at the highest level.

Kent's crossing is a weakness as generally is his shooting, but in every game his acceleration on the ball, ability to carry us up the park and take two or three opposition players out of the game sets him apart.

I'd hoped he would start to add numbers to his game and that's fallen away a bit compared to how he started, but he's easily worth the £7 million we paid for him and will no doubt have the fenians fucking shitting themselves again on the 2nd as he always has done.

When Kent is on mate he is special and has scored big goals in the Old Firm but he is inconsistent.

People constantly talk about his speed but rarely does he get past his man on the outside. He predictably cuts inside and gets surrounded.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Some of the comments tonight on the match thread make me wonder if some people have ever watched Morelos before. It’s almost as if they want us to punt him before nothing.

Weird.

At what point does history begin to become irrelevant though? He's been shit for an entire year now and his value has probably already halved. If we valued him at £20m before would anyone even bid £10m for him now? It wouldn't be much more - if even 

Nobody is saying to punt him for nothing. But there is a serious question to be had if we should take what we can get now before it crashes even lower, or hope he re-finds his form and his value goes back up. Personally I think £12-14m should be seriously considered at this point.

Just now, Broxi said:

At what point does history begin to become irrelevant though? He's been shit for an entire year now and his value has probably already halved. If we valued him at £20m before would anyone even bid £10m for him now? It wouldn't be much more - if even 

Nobody is saying to punt him for nothing. But there is a serious question to be had if we should take what we can get now before it crashes even lower, or hope he re-finds his form and his value goes back up. Personally I think £12-14m should be seriously considered at this point.

He clearly hasn’t been “shit”. He hasn’t hit the heights, that I will concede but it is clear we are playing in a completely different way after being too reliant on him.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

He clearly hasn’t been “shit”. He hasn’t hit the heights, that I will concede but it is clear we are playing in a completely different way after being too reliant on him.

If he was a new signing last January people would use the word shit

On 16/12/2020 at 22:37, bluenoz said:

Kent is overrated and gets an easy time of it on RM. One good game out of four doesn't cut it for me.

Joe Aribo looked lost tonight. Not sure what has happened to him lately.

Aribo who got RTV man of the match? 

Strangely in world there are only 3 or 4 players who do it week in week out. They don’t play for us, but we’re winning and winning and winning some more. The players are doing there jobs for the team and goals are coming from all over. Kent takes two defenders, Alfie moves players around, Aribo Brilliant ball carrier, Hagi takes risks to make things happen. All doing work for the TEAM, that’s what matters.

Archived