Kent, Morelos, Hagi, Aribo

Broxi

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think we all need to remember that this is probably only the second game out of nearly 30 that we haven’t played well in. 

Some players could be doing more, but you’ll get peaks and troughs from players throughout the season. 

It was a disaster of a result, but the big test is how we now deal with the upcoming 6 or 7 difficult games. Need to show we aren’t going to choke. 

The team - yes.

The 4 mentioned - no.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent and Aribo certainly need to up their game. They also need to be told to turn and drive at opposition quicker especially domestically. The step overs (fan dancing us old timers would say) from Kent in space when no one is really near him and the spin and turning back when he has opportunity to go forward needs to be highlighted by management and he needs coached to be braver and turn upfield more in those situations. Be more direct! For the money we paid for him, he’s supposed to be the kind of player that produces in final 3rd That wee bit of magic to open up opposition. He’s not doing that.  Feel he’s lacking confidence and a bit of old fashioned Gallus-ness

Also same with Aribo, cracking feet and trickery, but needs to drive away from his marker when he gets by them. Seems to be a lot of standing holding off players when he’s already past them and ends up losing ball to a toe poke off his feet. He’s a big unit so should be bouncing  players off him. But it helps if he’s on front foot and driving at opposition. 
I’m more inclined to feel Hagi just needs games and a run of them to get his confidence and match fitness up. He looked busy when he came in last night, and he is one I think does look and try to drive forward. 

Team as a whole tho could all do with adding a bit more drive and ruthlessness to their game. They need to want to absolutely steamroller teams and never ever take their foots off the oppositions throat. It would probably help if like me, you almost hate every team we play these days. 

15 hours ago, sco22y said:

Football games being won is similar to when firemen put out a house fire. Although there are many firemen, only a few can hold the key hose at any one time, which ultimately plays the key part in being successful. Up until tonight, we have been winning with players (other to those you have mentioned) chipping in goals from all over the park.

Perhaps tonight suggests it is time for those who have held that hose for so long to pass it on and give others a shot. 

Hopefully these players you mention might volunteer for that role. 

Much more positive post than others, I get the picture, I think your ideas will appeal to the ladies on here.

72670341.jpg 

Meanwhile cellic will be needing a few of these

300px-BLM_Firefighting_at_Pine_Mountain,

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Kent needs to stop doing step overs and rolling his foot over the fucking ball every time he gets it 

He must go Rangers on fifa, only difference is that when he does them on fifa it sometimes leads to a goal.

5 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

In his own half.

With no opposition player within 5 square yards of him.

Flashy Candieas change my mind imo

I think about those boxer vids, the ones who do all the flashy showing off then get knocked out 1st punch by the guy quietly biding his time .

2nd half yesterday Tavernier looked our only threat going forward. He had a goal disallowed, he hit the post from the free kick where we made it 2-2 and also had 2 other shots at goal. Now hes been scoring quite a few lately and im actually extremely worried to think how that team would look like without him in the starting line up. Our defense had let 4 league goals in so far, almost middle of the campaign. We need to stop relying on them to do the forwards job too. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This is a good thread because, despite our winning ways, these four a definitely underperforming at the moment and it only really comes to the fore when we lose.

Very true. They need to get the finger out. Aribo just doesn’t look right. What was his injury? Anybody know? 

OP spot on. Problem last night was that in addition to them another 4 didn’t perform either. Also convinced that the fans praising Morelos recently are trying to look like master tacticians that see things others don’t. Clear as day he’s been pish for me. No even average, literally pish.

15 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think about those boxer vids, the ones who do all the flashy showing off then get knocked out 1st punch by the guy quietly biding his time .

Aye except our fighter has a fucken right hook that would crush most mens skulls but he chooses to dance around the ring like a fairy instead of sparking cunts out.

Sick of him and the fact he's getting away with murder.

Benfica showed us how to turn defence into attack, all about direct running with the ball, beating your man and getting into their box. Too often on Wednesday we looked like a Warburton team constantly playing square balls as we played in front of a packed defence. I also noticed  Aribo has been doing more off the ball recently but that was absent on Wednesday. 

Archived