Kent, Morelos, Hagi, Aribo

Broxi

I'm not going to be one who starts blasting all sorts out tonight in hysteria but I've been thinking for a while that it's remarkable how well we've been playing and how comfortably we've been winning considering the fact that these 4 players have been way off it. At the start of the season most people were saying, including myself, that these 4 players would be 4 of the most important players we'd need to perform for us if we were to win the league and fact of the matter is they've not been good enough.

Save me the Morelos defences, anybody that thinks he's been good enough is deluded. Hagi has also been woeful in almost every match he's played and Kent and Aribo were setting everything alight at the start of the season but have completely disappeared since then. I think we've been extremely lucky to be doing as well as we have been considering these 4 big players' recent form. Been saved by Tavernier, Goldson, Kamara, Barisic, Arfield, Davis and Roofe. I'm not panicking in the league, but I'd feel a whole of a lot better if these players started to step up. This is not regarding this match specifically, I know some weren't playing, but generally in the last couple months 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

Worried if Tavs form/goals dry up, we might struggle offensively. Forwards need to up their game .. 

I think St Mirren did a bit of a number on Tav tonight and unfortunately it showed, thats not being disrespectful to Tav maybe Goodwin just got his tactics right.

Kent needs to do his work in the last third, not come so deep he‘s picking the ball up 50yards from goal; easy to defend there. 

Aribo is a shitebag and I will never forgive that in a Rangers player. Hagi provides assists but hasn’t kicked his own arse for weeks and will be wasted money in the long run. 

Morelos is only interested in Morelos and only the fan boys don’t criticise his performance levels this season. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Kent is overrated and gets an easy time of it on RM. One good game out of four doesn't cut it for me.

Joe Aribo looked lost tonight. Not sure what has happened to him lately.

Honestly cant remember the last time Aribo had a good game, he seems to go missing especially when the going gets a wee bit tough

Problem with the likes of Kent and Aribo is that they remind me of players on loan in that they think it's ok to to turn up  every five or six games. The reality is they are important first team players who need to deliver on a regular basis. Aribo has competition for his place and should really be on it every time he gets the shirt, Kent doesn't have the same issue as the like of Barker and Jones are not pushing him. Hagi just looks lost.

Football games being won is similar to when firemen put out a house fire. Although there are many firemen, only a few can hold the key hose at any one time, which ultimately plays the key part in being successful. Up until tonight, we have been winning with players (other to those you have mentioned) chipping in goals from all over the park.

Perhaps tonight suggests it is time for those who have held that hose for so long to pass it on and give others a shot. 

Hopefully these players you mention might volunteer for that role. 

Aribo looks completely unfit and like he shouldn't be on the park at the minute (and Gerrard subbing Arfield off ahead of him was an absolute fucking shambles tonight)

Fuck knows what has happened to Morelos

Kent started the season so well and has completely faded

Hagi hasn't had a look-in recently but the few opportunities he has had from the bench he has looked boggin

Baffling 

Think tonight showed just how much we still miss Morelos even if he's not scoring tbh. The amount of room he creates with his coming short and hold up play is pivotal to our success so far this season. Without it tonight there was no room whatsoever for our wide players to move into and the team reverted to the shite we were served up last season. 

Kent is done. He tries but hes all out of ideas. Left back for 35 mins tonight. Says it all.

Aribo is done. Injury has messed him up.

Hagi is well done. Getting to the point of no return for me. Feel for the boy though.

Morelos is crucial to how the team plays. Tonight was evident of that with how Roofe was targeted instead. Taking that 2 game ban straight off is now looking like a fucking disastrous choice.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I honestly think Kent is the one asset we should sell next summer. Could replace what he offers with Viktor Claesson(on a free) and bank millions.

Scored once in his last EIGHTEEN games which was a deflected shot against Aberdeen.

That’s a fucking shocking statistic tbh.

Bar that purple patch at start of season he’s been bang average since signing permanently.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Kent is done. He tries but hes all out of ideas. Left back for 35 mins tonight. Says it all.

Aribo is done. Injury has messed him up.

Hagi is well done. Getting to the point of no return for me. Feel for the boy though.

Morelos is crucial to how the team plays. Tonight was evident of that with how Roofe was targeted instead. Taking that 2 game ban straight off is now looking like a fucking disastrous choice.

Roofe was stinking tonight much worse than Itten. 

19 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Kent needs to do his work in the last third, not come so deep he‘s picking the ball up 50yards from goal; easy to defend there. 

Aribo is a shitebag and I will never forgive that in a Rangers player. Hagi provides assists but hasn’t kicked his own arse for weeks and will be wasted money in the long run. 

Morelos is only interested in Morelos and only the fan boys don’t criticise his performance levels this season. 

But apart from that its all good do you reckon

Just now, The Godfather said:

Roofe was hounded out the game due to others not being enough of a threat. St Mirren knew what he was capable of in attack, much like how shite Bassey is in defence. They played clever, we didn't change.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Got into half decent positions then terrible decision making. That cross Itten put in to him in the 2nd half, the defender missed it entirely and it was a great chance, when watching it back. Commentators never really commented on it but a player of Roofe's quality should be getting that on target from that distance

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

calling people deluded who understand the importance of Morelos during a game and when he is missing and we’ve just lost, is for want if a better word, deluded. 

I definitely think he'd have been useful at hold up play tonight we couldn't keep the ball up top and the midfield were honking at stopping them get at us.

Archived