*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, delparlane said:

Tav sinks that PK and we’re spared all the unnecessary jitters. Honestly was raging at Kent later in the game when he was clean in and decided to pass it. Felt the same earlier when Aribo could have taken a shot but dallied and the moment was gone. We overthink it way too much sometimes when we should just leather it and see what happens. Alfie’s second was pure class - turn and shoot, nae footering about. Would love to see a lot more of that.

100% agree mate. Tav has been pin-point all season, so that was a real shock. Different of the keeper saves it, but for him to miss the target was a real eye opener. All I can think is....after his goal at Tannadice, it was too close for him :lol: 

I was raging at Kent too. Sometimes I think it's like we're a cat playing with a caught bird at times. Just get it done, then try the fancy stuff. However, we're in a great place so it's hard to be too critical!! :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Playing against 10 men and we allowed them back into the game, if they had 11 on the park that result could have been different, Alfie found his mojo and made the difference 

i can see where the grumpy granda in your avaiter comes from we should have won by 5  after they scored they never had another effort at goal

22 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Playing against 10 men and we allowed them back into the game, if they had 11 on the park that result could have been different, Alfie found his mojo and made the difference 

We fucking pumped them :lol:

They had an in through a daft mistake by tav and balogun both sleeping.

If had been 6 or 7 nobody could complain.

22 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It was the most comfortable 2-1 'hanging on by your finger tips' game up at the sheep I can ever remember! That score more than flattered them. I haven't seen/read any articles yet, but i bet a £ to a penny they're suggesting we got lucky today!

3 hours ago, demise said:

I think in general we do not test goalkeepers as much as we should. Davis is avoiding to shoot, Aribo often does the same. And there are plenty of opportunities to do that in almost every game. Imagine having Van Bronckhorsts thunderbolt left foot in that midfield. 

I'd rather have Albertz tbh

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just enough time to refute any decisions in our favour. Even if they're unaware of the relevant rules 😂

Stewart's tactics are an embarrassment. Knows better than a qualified ref - standard.

I have to admit that I was raging at the way we were strolling about passing back and sideways in our half in the minutes before they scored. Shouting at the tv for the team to keep up the tempo against a team with 10 men and put the game out of sight. Lazy “game management “ made the last 15 minutes less enjoyable than necessary when I am sure we all wanted to sheep to be humiliated again.

7 hours ago, billscott said:

i thought alfies 1st goal was better than the 2nd  the way he took the ball turned and hit it in opposite corner was brilliant

Agree. Sorry, mixed the sequence up - that was the one I was thinking of.

I think when you read match threads in here you can kinda get why they descend into chaos.

Just before Xmas the last 4 games after st Johnstone we looked out on our feet.

The weeks rest for our first midweek off from season start done us the world of good. That was us back to our kinda September October best were 80% of the ball, almost 800 passes, 18 shots, a missed pk, a great save from.lewis, a poor Alfie effort, a weak kamara effort which should have resulted in goals and still people aren't happy.

This was an Aberdeen side who've now lost 4 games this season and 3 of them are to us. They hadn't lost since we beat them last which was around 14 games ago iirc.

Think they've lost at home twice and again that's to us.

The day we next drop points on here is going to be fucking bedlam. I don't think people can just be happy with how things are going. Some.are just not happy unless they are moaning about things.

We never especially under Gerrard get it easy up there but we blew them away yesterday and they'll be glad that it wasn't a 5 or a 6

54 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think when you read match threads in here you can kinda get why they descend into chaos.

The weeks rest for our first midweek off from season start done us the world of good. That was us back to our kinda September October best were 80% of the ball, almost 800 passes, 18 shots, a missed pk, a great save from.lewis, a poor Alfie effort, a weak kamara effort which should have resulted in goals and still people aren't happy.

This was an Aberdeen side who've now lost 4 games this season and 3 of them are to us. They hadn't lost since we beat them last which was around 14 games ago iirc.

The day we next drop points on here is going to be fucking bedlam. I don't think people can just be happy with how things are going. Some.are just not happy unless they are moaning about things.

We never especially under Gerrard get it easy up there but we blew them away yesterday and they'll be glad that it wasn't a 5 or a 6

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I have to admit that I was raging at the way we were strolling about passing back and sideways in our half in the minutes before they scored. Shouting at the tv for the team to keep up the tempo against a team with 10 men and put the game out of sight. Lazy “game management “ made the last 15 minutes less enjoyable than necessary when I am sure we all wanted to sheep to be humiliated again.

Me too.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

We did look fresher, for sure. A week between games can only be a good thing.

I am prepared for us dropping points, I imagined it would be sometime in January given the away games we face. Pessimistic loyal.

I think we can afford to drop SOME points as I don't think THEY will win every game to the end of the season.

Archived