C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The record reporting southampton ready to offer £20 mill for Ajer, why do they persist with these utter lies? Do they honestly expect people to believe that teams wouldnt watch him before they made an offer? Cos if they have watched him they wouldnt be making any such bid.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

The record reporting southampton ready to offer £20 mill for Ajer, why do they persist with these utter lies? Do they honestly expect people to believe that teams wouldnt watch him before they made an offer? Cos if they have watched him they wouldnt be making any such bid.

Think Ajer is not too bad. Julien is their real weak link. 

You’d imagine they’ll get between £8-12m for him. They are good at bumping up transfer values. 

11 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Southampton and sellik seem to have a very cosy relationship 

Understandable when they signed Van Dijk from them. 

If we signed a CB from a side who we sold on for a world record fee for a defender, you’d think we’d go back to the selling club to look at their other players too

15 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Understandable when they signed Van Dijk from them. 

If we signed a CB from a side who we sold on for a world record fee for a defender, you’d think we’d go back to the selling club to look at their other players too

You wouldn’t just go in blind and buy anyone though.

Ajer is shite.

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

When Lurgan Flop says that they do not need to sell players you know that they do.

Their wage bill relies on Champions League money.

3rd year in a row without it is going to cut deep.

Their players agents are asking what their price is going to be because they have been instructed to look at other clubs and find interest. 

Lennon is all over the place 😂

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Think it was 2 years ago during the summer break ,Tanner was on Talksport and revealed that lieswell and another representative met with Southhampton reps in London and agreed a deal on first refusal on future players ,Also a fee was paid at the time to secure this deal.When he mentioned it he claimed it as big news .

But it was NEVER mentioned again ,

if anything went on I’m sure Ross Wilson would have known 

45 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Think it was 2 years ago during the summer break ,Tanner was on Talksport and revealed that lieswell and another representative met with Southhampton reps in London and agreed a deal on first refusal on future players ,Also a fee was paid at the time to secure this deal.When he mentioned it he claimed it as big news .

But it was NEVER mentioned again ,

if anything went on I’m sure Ross Wilson would have known 

BJK could know but no fucker is hearing about it.

5 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if we could develop a similar relationship with another mid table prem team.

We develop players and they poach them for the big bucks, It’s a sad state of affairs but when we have genuine talent we will never keep them for long in this backwater league.

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

What’s he saying mate?

NEIL LENNON didn't mince his words when he questioned certain players' commitment to the celtic cause after their Champions League KO.

While he clearly has issues within his squad, I reckon Lenny was also calling out the club's hierarchy.

The fact he didn't go with a recognised striker against Ferencvaros with so much at stake was a huge statement.

For me, it spoke volumes about what he really thinks of celtic's head of recruitment, Nick Hammond, and his signing policy.

In the absence of Odsonne Edouard, Lennon clearly felt he couldn't trust Albian Ajeti's fitness, even though he has been there for three weeks.

Surely the £5million new Bhoy was fit enough to play 60 minutes?

Patryk Klimala would be better off emptying his locker and heading elsewhere.

Albian Ajeti wasn't trusted to start on Wednesday night

Lennon initially said he wasn't fit enough to start, but later claimed the Pole wasn't ready for a game of that magnitude.

If you ask me, Lenny's already made up his mind on the young striker. As for Leigh Griffiths, the other main forward at his disposal, he was injured again.

So while Lennon still sees a role for the out-of-shape forward, those above might see differently when it comes to balancing the books.

A 50 per cent fit striker is better than a 100 per cent fit midfielder in that role.

celtic's exit in midweek led to the gaffer having a right pop at certain individuals.

The fact he mentioned it had been bugging him for a while hinted at deeper problems involving more than just those in the dressing room.

It's obvious Lennon doesn't much care for the recruitment process — and I understand his concerns.

Over recent years, Celts' strike-rate in the transfer market has been poor.

The huge success of Virgil van Dijk, Moussa Dembele and Edouard has helped paper over so many cracks. For every good one, there are four or five duff buys.

I give you Boli Bolingoli, Vakoun Bayo, Ismaila Soro, Marian Shved, Eboue Kouassi and Youssouf Mulumbu to name six.

Dembele proved amazing value for money — and will continue to be, given the sell-on clause inserted to the deal with Lyon.

Edouard has also been a massive success. Given he cost £9m, the second-highest fee ever paid by a Scottish club, then he should be.

celtic will get big money when he goes, although I had to laugh at some claiming his goal against Reykjavik last week would add another £5m to his current market value!

With all due respect to KR Reykjavik, I genuinely reckon the boys I play fives with every week would have knocked them out.

Seriously, they really were that bad.

In the aftermath of that 6-0 thrashing, I kept reading about every other celtic player being targeted in massive moves.

AC Milan are wasting their breath. It's surely only a matter of time before Real Madrid come calling for Kristoffer Ajer.

Or Barcelona, who are starting a rebuild.

Still, I do believe there will be one or two departures from Parkhead before the transfer window closes.

For Rangers and celtic, ten in a row is almost a matter of life and death.

But for guys like Ajer, Edouard and Olivier Ntcham, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

These boys would walk over broken glass to play in the Premier League, or one of the other really top divisions in Europe.

The lure of being part of Scottish football history will not come into their thinking.

The product up here is not good enough to compete at the top level.

The Old Firm are Europa League teams, even if some celtic fans have delusions of grandeur.

That's why the defeat to a bang-average Ferencvaros outfit hurt so much.

It also pained the manager, causing his emotions to take over during the post-match press conference.

If he thinks people at the club are not working to make sure celtic have the best chance of winning the park, then of course he is going to annoyed.

Lennon has been much more composed and calm during his second spell in charge at Parkhead.

But last Wednesday night proved he does still have that fire in his belly.

He was the one getting in the neck, while those in charge of player recruitment remained firmly below the parapet.

What I found most interesting about the whole episode is that it was Lenny who brought it all into the open.

My first instinct told me it was a shot across the bows those on high.

But my second suggested it might have been a clever diversionary ploy to change the narrative after another European embarrassment.

1 minute ago, hawkeye said:

NEIL LENNON didn't mince his words when he questioned certain players' commitment to the celtic cause after their Champions League KO.

While he clearly has issues within his squad, I reckon Lenny was also calling out the club's hierarchy.

The fact he didn't go with a recognised striker against Ferencvaros with so much at stake was a huge statement.

For me, it spoke volumes about what he really thinks of celtic's head of recruitment, Nick Hammond, and his signing policy.

In the absence of Odsonne Edouard, Lennon clearly felt he couldn't trust Albian Ajeti's fitness, even though he has been there for three weeks.

Surely the £5million new Bhoy was fit enough to play 60 minutes?

Patryk Klimala would be better off emptying his locker and heading elsewhere.

Albian Ajeti wasn't trusted to start on Wednesday night

Lennon initially said he wasn't fit enough to start, but later claimed the Pole wasn't ready for a game of that magnitude.

If you ask me, Lenny's already made up his mind on the young striker. As for Leigh Griffiths, the other main forward at his disposal, he was injured again.

So while Lennon still sees a role for the out-of-shape forward, those above might see differently when it comes to balancing the books.

A 50 per cent fit striker is better than a 100 per cent fit midfielder in that role.

celtic's exit in midweek led to the gaffer having a right pop at certain individuals.

The fact he mentioned it had been bugging him for a while hinted at deeper problems involving more than just those in the dressing room.

It's obvious Lennon doesn't much care for the recruitment process — and I understand his concerns.

Over recent years, Celts' strike-rate in the transfer market has been poor.

The huge success of Virgil van Dijk, Moussa Dembele and Edouard has helped paper over so many cracks. For every good one, there are four or five duff buys.

I give you Boli Bolingoli, Vakoun Bayo, Ismaila Soro, Marian Shved, Eboue Kouassi and Youssouf Mulumbu to name six.

Dembele proved amazing value for money — and will continue to be, given the sell-on clause inserted to the deal with Lyon.

Edouard has also been a massive success. Given he cost £9m, the second-highest fee ever paid by a Scottish club, then he should be.

celtic will get big money when he goes, although I had to laugh at some claiming his goal against Reykjavik last week would add another £5m to his current market value!

With all due respect to KR Reykjavik, I genuinely reckon the boys I play fives with every week would have knocked them out.

Seriously, they really were that bad.

In the aftermath of that 6-0 thrashing, I kept reading about every other celtic player being targeted in massive moves.

AC Milan are wasting their breath. It's surely only a matter of time before Real Madrid come calling for Kristoffer Ajer.

Or Barcelona, who are starting a rebuild.

Still, I do believe there will be one or two departures from Parkhead before the transfer window closes.

For Rangers and celtic, ten in a row is almost a matter of life and death.

But for guys like Ajer, Edouard and Olivier Ntcham, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

These boys would walk over broken glass to play in the Premier League, or one of the other really top divisions in Europe.

The lure of being part of Scottish football history will not come into their thinking.

The product up here is not good enough to compete at the top level.

The Old Firm are Europa League teams, even if some celtic fans have delusions of grandeur.

That's why the defeat to a bang-average Ferencvaros outfit hurt so much.

It also pained the manager, causing his emotions to take over during the post-match press conference.

If he thinks people at the club are not working to make sure celtic have the best chance of winning the park, then of course he is going to annoyed.

Lennon has been much more composed and calm during his second spell in charge at Parkhead.

But last Wednesday night proved he does still have that fire in his belly.

He was the one getting in the neck, while those in charge of player recruitment remained firmly below the parapet.

What I found most interesting about the whole episode is that it was Lenny who brought it all into the open.

My first instinct told me it was a shot across the bows those on high.

But my second suggested it might have been a clever diversionary ploy to change the narrative after another European embarrassment.

Lenny thinks he’s Messi. 😃😃

Archived