them

MisterC

Just now, Swagger said:

100% spot on. They are a more flair team while we are a stronger more solid team if that makes sense. 
They move the ball faster and are more direct which will see them score more against the shite in our league. 
Against better quality they struggle given the fact they’re far more open and better teams can pick at them where our solid base is better suited to a step up. 
If we were away to Kilmarnock today we’d get the win but it would probably be a 2-0 or 2-1 and it would be a bit of a slog. They get ahead and pile on the pressure till they score 3 or 4.

There’s not a lot separating the two teams over a season and makes the 4 old firms huge. 
My concern isn’t us playing them though, it’s us playing the rest. Because of our style and the fact teams do raise it more for us  there’s more chance of some of the rest getting lucky against us than them.

We can’t drop the silly points we did last season or we are fucked again - they won’t drop much 

All of this is bang on.

We may well be a better team than them but I really wish we were more cut-throat against teams that we have the ability to blow away.

5 minutes ago, Bydo said:

They fucking did last week, and to an extent we let them, and teams like them, by playing far too many safe passes in the middle of the park.

Why are you so upset about Rangers today? Did you see us yesterday? 4-0 fs.

6 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Come on to fuck man, who said they were wonderful?

I’m saying that the way they play against the absolute mince in our league means that they win games early and score lots of goals. I’m not saying they can beat us- BUT I think that we should be looking to do the same rather than wait for the second half to put these kinds of teams to the sword like the previous two games.

That’s our failing. Too many games are in the balance for long periods. They blow teams away early. There was never in doubt that they wouldn’t win comfortably today. 

I have an absolute irrational hatred for that wee bald Japanese player of theirs.

Absolutely fucking hate him. Not just in the kinda general way of hating everything about them. If he played for Barnsley and had never set foot in Scotland and I seen him play, I would rejoice in seeing him crippled in a challenge.

Hate him more than that we diving prick they have up front.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Did they not drop points in a dead rubber after the title was over the line?

Heard this theory before but my take on it is that the gap was four points and the OF is a six point swing.

If we’d won, that “dead rubber” would have been crucial and their record of falling on their arse at the last hurdle is legendary.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I see @mitre_mouldmaster is continuing his fnian love affair. Not even hiding it now.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have an absolute irrational hatred for that wee bald Japanese player of theirs.

Absolutely fucking hate him. Not just in the kinda general way of hating everything about them. If he played for Barnsley and had never set foot in Scotland and I seen him play, I would rejoice in seeing him crippled in a challenge.

Hate him more than that we diving prick they have up front.

:lol:

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

:lol:

I don't know what you are on about in all honesty. I said they are good at beating shite in our league and shite in Europe, which they are.

I also said they have a reliance on Jota as he is a good player, which he clearly is.

I'm not going to warp reality and say Jota is shite and Killie will get 6 goals in the second half to gain some staunch points.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Why are you so upset about Rangers today? Did you see us yesterday? 4-0 fs.

:lol: I’m not in any way upset at how we played yesterday- I was delighted.

I was simply making an observation about how they play against teams that make it much harder for us to score against them. I believe the reason for this is that they use the individual quality of their players more and are ruthless in their attacks, and have the games won early.

Contrast that to us who, in my opinion, slow the ball down too much and make too many safe passes at this level. We rely on our wingers who often find their crosses easily defended by teams parking the bus and defending for their lives because they’re still in the game.

I think we should be treating these teams with a lot less respect than we do because we have the players and the ability to do so.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I don't know what you are on about in all honesty. I said they are good at beating shite in our league and shite in Europe, which they are.

I also said they have a reliance on Jota as he is a good player, which he clearly is.

I'm not going to warp reality and say Jota is shite and Killie will get 6 goals in the second half to gain some staunch points.

Mate ffs you've written about the equivalent of three Daily Record articles about how good you think they are.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not buying this pish that they have more flair than us either.

Agreed. When our passing game is on form it's a joy to watch. The technical ability of our players is better than theirs.

They are a bit more direct, and that Jota hits some screamers that are good for a highlight reel, but there is no real flair in what they do. Just fairly tidy passing and decent movement to find space.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agreed. When our passing game is on form it's a joy to watch. The technical ability of our players is better than theirs.

They are a bit more direct, and that Jota hits some screamers that are good for a highlight reel, but there is no real flair in what they do. Just fairly tidy passing and decent movement to find space.

They've got very good energy levels that most teams can't cope with in the first half, and find space and overloads with this 'inverted full backs' tactic Postecoglou gets praised for.

If they don't bring anyone else in of note I'm convinced we're far stronger than them.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate ffs you've written about the equivalent of three Daily Record articles about how good you think they are.

Eh? I've said they are good at consistently beating the cannon fodder in our league, but shite when they play better teams. This is pretty fucking obvious to anyone who looks at their scores.

What have I said in this thread that makes you think I'm being unreasonable?

Not talking about the thread after we got turned over and I lost the plot, but in this thread?

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Because people like to see any sort of praise towards them and greet and overreact to it.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Because people like to see any sort of praise towards them and greet and overreact to it.

A lot of it isn’t even praise either. Just stating the fucking obvious.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They've got very good energy levels that most teams can't cope with in the first half, and find space and overloads with this 'inverted full backs' tactic Postecoglou gets praised for.

If they don't bring anyone else in of note I'm convinced we're far stronger than them.

Definitely in squad terms I think we are far stronger than them.

If they get some injuries to key players they will struggle in games.

If they stay injury free to those players though, I don't see them dropping many points.

I fancy us in the old firms, but they are always a bit unpredictable.

Would probably put us as favourites for the league, but at this point it's really flip of a coin stuff. Just need to bring our A game every week.