them

MisterC

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

General message, I've read it a few times now so just to be clear, "jap" or "japs" is deemed to be racist. This is not by me (:lol:), but by Japanese people themselves and others. The context is it was used as a racial slur towards the Japanese during/after WW2, particularly in the USA. 

Use Japanese, their names, or some other non-racist insult. 

Honestly no idea why this keeps needing posted. You'd think it would be easy to go aye I shouldn't say that.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Honestly no idea why this keeps needing posted. You'd think it would be easy to go aye I shouldn't say that.

Going to give some posters the benefit of the doubt as I've never read them post offensive stuff on here, it's maybe just not so well known in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Who posted it?

It has been posted a few times over the past few weeks mate, in different parts of the board. Not naming the person who posted it most recently, but hopefully they see the message.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Going to give some posters the benefit of the doubt as I've never read them post offensive stuff on here, it's maybe just not so well known in Scotland. 

It has been posted a few times over the past few weeks mate, in different parts of the board. Not naming the person who posted it most recently, but hopefully they see the message.

Not the first time you've made it clear its not acceptable mate.

Whether people agree or not, they should listen more.

32 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

General message, I've read it a few times now so just to be clear, "jap" or "japs" is deemed to be racist. This is not by me (:lol:), but by Japanese people themselves and others. The context is it was used as a racial slur towards the Japanese during/after WW2, particularly in the USA. 

Use Japanese, their names, or some other non-racist insult. 

FFS so is a lot of things posted in here but no one really gives a fuck unless it suits certain agendas.

Fully understand exactly why the mods are against this.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Narrow minded more than anything I would say. Sometimes the easy way to insult someone is over their race OR religion for easy brownie points and look like Billy big baws without realising u actually look like a dick for saying so

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some folk have been challenged on it and just keep on doing it. It's like racism is ok to some folk as long as it's against folk they don't like.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How many players do we have going to the WC? How many do they have? It could play a factor later in the season.

Just a prediction but here you go.

Barisic, Tillman, Matondo, Sands, Lawrence for us.

Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate, Juranovic, Carter Vickers for them.

15 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Just a prediction but here you go.

Barisic, Tillman, Matondo, Sands, Lawrence for us.

Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate, Juranovic, Carter Vickers for them.

Lawrence next to no chance. Sands doubtful.

Mooy will go, Hatete probably won't.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Right so “Pole” to describe a player from Poland (or “Poles” for more than one) is OK but Jap or Japs are not OK?

What about Finns? Or Greeks? Who decides? Is there a list somewhere?

I mean, it's already been explained to you why 'Jap' is specifically regarded as a slur. If you can show that Pole is, then it should be regarded the same way. Can you?

If it's regarded as demeaning or belittling, it's a slur. If it isn't, it's not. Why do folk make this out to be difficult when it's not?