Rangers accept Morelos ban.

Smile

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LucyBlue said:

I'm congratulating Gerrard for building a team that does not rely on Morelos but recognises his worth by keeping him in it.

Gerrard is on record as saying he did not want to sell Morelos and he's kept playing him so I can only assume he's as good as his word.

I don't really see what this has to do with the fact that Morelos has had no improvement in his temperament after 3 seasons under Gerrard. 

Personally I think most people would prefer to see Morelos banging in 30+ goals every season, but with no disciplinary issues to go along with it. Clearly Gerrard can't get that out of Morelos, so he'll be sold. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

I don't really see what this has to do with the fact that Morelos has had no improvement in his temperament after 3 seasons under Gerrard. 

Personally I think most people would prefer to see Morelos banging in 30+ goals every season, but with no disciplinary issues. Clearly Gerrard can't get that out of Morelos, so he'll be sold. 

I don't assume to know the thoughts of Steven Gerrard.

He's on record as saying Alfie must not be sold. He wasn't.

He keeps playing him. We're 23 points ahead.

Perhaps though I'm missing something and you're wiser than our manager. 

It really is the only conclusion that can be reached given what you're saying.

1 minute ago, LucyBlue said:

I don't assume to know the thoughts of Steven Gerrard.

He's on record as saying Alfie must not be sold. He wasn't.

He keeps playing him. We're 23 points ahead.

Perhaps though I'm missing something and you're wiser than our manager. 

It really is the only conclusion that can be reached given what you're saying.

No worries. Enjoy your night. 👍

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Tbh I think he was gone at the last window but we gambled for more cash and the other clubs walked away.

The most surprising thing for me was the lack of interest for him, especially from teams down south. He scored enough goals last season (especially in Europe), so is it the discipline problems putting teams off or did we just overprice him?

We'll now end up selling him for far less than we hoped, and It'll be a heated point of debate about whether or not we actually needed him this season at all. 

16 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

If Cedric starts and does well in the 3 games Alfie misses, he possibly knocks him out of the running for starting. I hope Cedric does well, but I’m not sure Alfie thought of this. Big risk for him. 

That’s a good point as Europe is on the horizon and Itten and Roofe might go for it big style to try bang in the goals as that will make it hard for SG to drop them. That’s a win win for both the league and Europe 🙏🙏

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

The most surprising thing for me was the lack of interest for him, especially from teams down south. He scored enough goals last season (especially in Europe), so is it the discipline problems putting teams off or did we just overprice him?

We'll now end up selling him for far less than we hoped, and It'll be a heated point of debate about whether or not we actually needed him this season at all. 

regardless it worked for us but yes maybe we over priced him and I’m not sure if he’s suitable for the Premiership 

We had no choice but to accept the ban, it was a red card all day long and an appeal would just result in an even longer ban 

We should however be calling out the glaring inconsistency with McGregor and others not even being looked at 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

We had no choice but to accept the ban, it was a red card all day long and an appeal would just result in an even longer ban 

We should however be calling out the glaring inconsistency with McGregor and others not even being looked at 

Why aren’t we? Is it bringing the game in to disrepute highlighting inaccuracies and asking some questions? 

The club should have made a statement along the lines of,

”Whilst we accept the decision on the ban for Alfredo; we do not accept the discrepancies in treatment with similar incidents during the same match, or in numerous other matches involving other clubs outwith Rangers.”

If the league/association then cite us, we lawyer up and take them to task.

As @STEPPS BOY has alluded to, this summer is the biggest open goal we’ve had in a long time to exert some real influence and change in the game up here. Will our board members have the stomach for it? I wouldn’t have Robertson on my side in a bar fight never mind taking these cunts to task.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

”Whilst we accept the decision on the ban for Alfredo; we do not accept the discrepancies in treatment with similar incidents during the same match, and in numerous other matches involving other clubs outwith Rangers.”

As @STEPPS BOY has alluded to, this summer is the biggest open goal we’ve had in a long time to exert some real influence and change in the game up here. Will our board members have the stomach for it? I wouldn’t have Robertson on my side in a bar fight never mind taking these cunts to task.

He goes back on the SPL board again next season too :craphead:

8 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

”Whilst we accept the decision on the ban for Alfredo; we do not accept the discrepancies in treatment with similar incidents during the same match, or in numerous other matches involving other clubs outwith Rangers.”

The club has done the right thing and kept its mouth shut.

Our focus is on the title, not some sideshow we can do without.

All the pressure and focus is on them and we'd divert attention to us needlessly? For what? A player we admit we don't actually need playing to win anymore?

Title first, then recrimination...not the other way round.

That's common sense. Thankfully, that's what we seem to be doing.

We probably didn’t contest this too much because we’re in such a good position in the league tbh. Plus, it was a red but it’s mainly due to the inconsistency that everyone’s pissed off at - ie. McGregor’s on Kamara.

13 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

The club has done the right thing and kept its mouth shut.

Our focus is on the title, not some sideshow we can do without.

All the pressure and focus is on them and we'd divert attention to us needlessly? For what? A player we admit we don't actually need playing to win anymore?

Title first, then recrimination...not the other way round.

That's common sense. Thankfully, that's what we seem to be doing.

Aye, right enough.

Thats exactly what we should be doing.

Fuck me :lol:

13 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

regardless it worked for us but yes maybe we over priced him and I’m not sure if he’s suitable for the Premiership 

Disagree with this...not for my own bias on Alfie, but you have had the likes of Peter Storey, Suarez, Roy Keane and numerous  other bad boys who have been prime players for the Premiership... sometimes it just takes that extra bit of patience for players like this, doesn't mean he won't go on to be up there with the best of them. Top Goalscorer last season can't suddenly be no good for the EPL. 

Let this double standard go under the radar for now as we march to the title. Not the time to pick the battle. 

Alfie is an integral and key part of this squad and for all his faults, he certainly gives his team mates a bounce. You can see it from their adulation when he scores. He appears a bit a of a mascot they all want to protect. They see that rather naive weakness in him and it only makes us stronger. He gives the oppo the fear and they hate him. That works in our favour. 

Spirits are high and the way we are set up, one in one out makes little difference. We still win. 

In our current position, 3 games are fuck all, with basically 3 other very decent strikers to take his place and to add, we've got goals coming from all over the park. 

So he come back fresher, hungrier and available for Europe and the scum game. What's not to like? 

The day after we take the title we go to war on the double standards. 

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Disagree with this...not for my own bias on Alfie, but you have had the likes of Peter Storey, Suarez, Roy Keane and numerous  other bad boys who have been prime players for the Premiership... sometimes it just takes that extra bit of patience for players like this, doesn't mean he won't go on to be up there with the best of them. Top Goalscorer last season can't suddenly be no good for the EPL. 

Morelos would go mostly unnoticed in that league, it is filled with horrible bastards - in reality Morelos should have for the most part went unnoticed in Scotland. 

The problem with the Morelos situation is I feel that it goes way, way beyond even the club now.

It's no longer about the Rangers, we are doing okay, and Morelos bans won't hurt us directly.

It has now become a targeted and personal assassination by authorities. officials and disciplinary boards to justify their own existence, and an easy shock headline or click bait for the media. They now have their token football "villain", and no matter what we try to do,this won't change,

Sadly I don't see this situation changing by end of season.

The solution ?   I'll save my thoughts on that for another post, to see what other posters think first. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Morelos would go mostly unnoticed in that league, it is filled with horrible bastards - in reality Morelos should have for the most part went unnoticed in Scotland. 

They had it in for him the minute he was pumping in goals for fun and stuck up for himself. No brainer you are marked with a target from the scum etc when that happens...

The added Brucey bonus of being a Rangers player. 

Gerrard has said in the press conference that ‘he and the board are working behind the scenes to find better solutions with the disciplinary process and part of that means dialling the unnecessary noise surrounding the club down.’

Feel a bit better regarding the situation now, and I understand it to a point but I do still believe a statement was warranted. It’s a case of wait and see if anything changes.

48 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I don’t think his so called ‘bad boy’ behaviour would be an issue as they’re all fly bastards up here whereas down there I don’t think they get away with it as much especially now with VAR.

I just don’t think he’s got the speed for the Premiership but saying that he’s done the business in the Europa.

I don’t want him sold as I want to see him get a crack at the CL with us but he needs to stop his pish regardless of the double standards.

BA above is correct when he says get the league win then get it all out in the open about the double standards.  I do hope our media team are working on a video dossier to produce rather than some late night tweets which we all knew were happening re transfers.

42 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The problem with the Morelos situation is I feel that it goes way, way beyond even the club now.

It's no longer about the Rangers, we are doing okay, and Morelos bans won't hurt us directly.

It has now become a targeted and personal assassination by authorities. officials and disciplinary boards to justify their own existence, and an easy shock headline or click bait for the media. They now have their token football "villain", and no matter what we try to do,this won't change,

Sadly I don't see this situation changing by end of season.

The solution ?   I'll save my thoughts on that for another post, to see what other posters think first. 

keep winning and AM stop giving them ammo, it’s that simple 

Archived